GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way Credit Union

Goey

That is 11 million in total assets. That does not mean 11M in deposits. The average shareholder has about $9500 in the credit union-again that is not deposits.

What I found interesting was that there appear to be about 4 people working for the Credit Union each with a total pay and benefit compensation of an average of 18K for FY'05. That is for full time employment. That is more than 25K less than the average Credit Union employee. Talk about abundantly sharing! :blink:

9. If you do not have a website, do you plan to add one in the future (Yes/No)

Yes

a. If yes to #9, in how many months

b. If yes to #9, what type of site (select only one): 1=Informational 2=Interactive 3=Transactional

As of June 2005, they plan on having an "Interactive" web site online in 18 months. Guess we can expect something in about a year. I wonder if it will be as "great" as TWI's? :lol:

4. Trading Securities 0

5. Available for Sale Securities 0

6. Held-to-Maturity Securities 2,397,446

7. Deposits in Commercial Banks, S&Ls, Savings Banks 5,632,161

8. Membership Capital at Corporate Credit Unions 88,841

9. Paid-In Capital at Corporate Credit Unions 0

10. All Other Investments in Corporate Credit Unions 1,888,643

11. All Other Investments 0

12. TOTAL INVESTMENTS (Sum of items 4-11) 10,007,091

Here's where their money is invested. Look's like about 20% is in government bonds and the rest depostied in other banks.

Given they loan no money to anyone, I'd have to say the majority of their money is basically a clearing house for TWI's payroll (outside of the few TWIts who actually keep a savings account there).

Per lindyhopper & GreasyTech:

"That is 11 million in total assets. That does not mean 11M in deposits. The average shareholder has about $9500 in the credit union-again that is not deposits.

What I found interesting was that there appear to be about 4 people working for the Credit Union each with a total pay and benefit compensation of an average of 18K for FY'05. That is for full time employment. That is more than 25K less than the average Credit Union employee. Talk about abundantly sharing.

Given they loan no money to anyone, I'd have to say the majority of their money is basically a clearing house for TWI's payroll (outside of the few TWIts who actually keep a savings account there)…"

I wonder what the chances are that the WCU if primarily a vehicle for money laundering, via European &/or Caribbean accounts, for TWI BOD's & other top leadership?

The Lilly Beter Capital Group has significant international banking ties. VPW was enamored of Ms. Beter's deceased husband, Dr. Peter Beter.......

(1921-1987)

Dr. Beter was General Counsel for the Export-Import Bank of Washington; a candidate for the governorship of West Virginia; cofounded SODESMIR, a mineral exploration company in Zaire; represented American gas utilities building a pipeline the length of Argentina; represented mining interests in underwater manganese nodule exploration in the Pacific; was featured at financial seminars in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Toronto, Montreal, Geneva, and other international financial centers. As a political and economic commentator, Dr. Beter worked with Wall Street luminaries including Franz Pick, Edward Durell, Colonel Curtis Dall, Norman Dodd, Emmanuel Josephson, and many others. He wrote prolifically, including Conspiracy Against the Dollar (Braziller New York).

Lilly Beter Capital Group, Ltd.,

provides professional financial services globally,

performing as an intermediary between

clients and investment banking houses.

Our guiding philosophy is to provide our clients

with innovative, relationship-based services

of the highest quality.

General Background

Lilly Beter Capital Group, Ltd. specializes in federal government regulations representations. Our practice puts us in close and frequent contact with major Congressional Committees and many federal agencies. We offer a blend of political, communications and other skills to help clients successfully manage their Washington issues.

The firm was founded thirty years ago. Since 1965, Lilly Beter has worked extensively with her husband, Dr. Peter David Beter, providing legal and government representation to their international clientele. Dr. Beter was General Counsel for the Export-Import Bank of Washington; a candidate for the governorship of West Virginia; cofounded SODESMIR, a mineral exploration company in Zaire; represented American gas utilities building a pipeline the length of Argentina; represented mining interests in underwater manganese nodule exploration in the Pacific; was featured at financial seminars in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Toronto, Montreal, Geneva, and other international financial centers. As a political and economic commentator, Dr. Beter worked with Wall Street luminaries including Franz Pick, Edward Durell, Colonel Curtis Dall, Norman Dodd, Emmanuel Josephson, and many others. He wrote prolifically, including Conspiracy Against the Dollar (Braziller New York). The firm did consulting with Saudi Petroleum Minister A. Yamani at the Saudi Arabian Embassy in Washington and at meetings held in Vienna.

After Dr. Beter's death in 1987, Lilly Beter continued the philosophical approach of the firm and expanded its mission to include the FINANCIAL DIVISION.

Lilly Beter Capital Group, Ltd., a subsidiary of Prometheus Trust, was created for the financial activities of the Company. Many of our clients require financial services and prefer to deal with in-house financial executives because of their previous association with our firm.

Lilly Beter Capital Group, Ltd. takes great pride in its stability and longevity in the business arena. Our goal is to work with clients through dedicated attention to their needs. We emphasize relationships over transactions, offering a high level of personal service, expertise, professionalism and responsiveness. By carefully considering our client's needs, goals and objectives, we are able to respond with advice and plans designed to meet their unique requirements. We focus on the opportunities available in specific situations and offer innovative solutions. We work with our clients to arrive at financial plans that are both innovative and consistent with the risk tolerance, time frames and goals discussed with us. By doing so, we offer a full complement of solutions to a vast array of financial needs.

From start-up to mature companies, we make long term commitments to our clients and remain partners throughout the varying stages of our client's business life.

Cash Management - Our firm will advise in maximizing profitability and minimizing taxes without incurring any unnecessary risks through creative cash flow management.

Contact us at our corporate headquarters and one of our Account Representatives will be pleased to consult with you.

(561) 361-1030

(952) 920-5585

E-mail@lillybetercapitalgroup.com

Lilly Beter Capital Group, Ltd.

A private, independent investment banker

Not SEC registered or affiliated with any member firm

Florida Office: 2424 N. Federal Hwy. Suite 150, Boca Raton, FL 33431 561/361-1030 Fax 561/361-8997

Minneapolis Office: 3925 Excelsior Boulevard, Minneapolis, MN 55416 952/920-5585 Fax 952/924-4179

Century City Office: 1800 Century Park East, Suite 600, Los Angeles, CA 90067 310/229-5714 Fax 310/229-5799

Washington, D.C. Office: 601 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 900 South Building, Washington D.C. 20004 202/638-6948 Fax 202/639-8238

Washington, D.C. New York California Florida Minnesota Illinois Gibraltar Turks Caicos Islands (British West Indies)

I *think* that they have required "staff" to have a credit union account and direct deposit through the credit union. Dunno if that's ethical or legal, but if that's what I had to do, I'd have it and then immediately transfer it to some bank where my spending habits are mine and not privy to the eyes of TWIts.

That is 11 million in total assets. That does not mean 11M in deposits. The average shareholder has about $9500 in the credit union-again that is not deposits.

Ok, for the gramatically accurate minded , Lindy is corrrect. The 11 million is in total assets which is comprised MOSTY of money deposited by its members added to investment gains. The returns have not been stellar.

However, as of June 2005 the average member/ shareholder had about $10,091 on account not $9,500. But not enough difference to quibble over for accuracy's sake. If we multiply that by 1006 members we get total of a little over 10 million on account. Also note that the number of members does not recessarily reflect the actual number of accounts. A member could have more than one account.

The $10,091 average figure is probably misleading though. I wonder how many of the 1006 members have little to nothing on account and how much money is in each of the top 20 accounts and who these top 20 account holders are. I wonder how much Rosie, Donna, Howard and a few others have managed to sock away on thier humble and meager salaries.

Here's another little tidbit. According to the records on file, all audits of The Way Credit Union since June 2000 have been done by its own Supervisory Committee and not by any external or state licensed auditors.

If any of you folks who are or were members of the Way Credit Union think that it should be independantly audited, you can email the NCUA inspector general at the address below.

Now, I am not one that is easily taken by conspiracy theories, but given TWI's history and the BOT's obsession with money, it does not seem too far-fetched that the Credit Union may not be what it seems on the surface.

If the Way Credit Union is indeed a kind of "money laundering" institutution, then an audit by the NCUA Inspector General's Office may be in order. I would think that the fact that they offer their members no services whatsoever other than a simple account would be reason to be suspicious.

The Office of Inspector General (OIG) promotes the economy, efficiency and effectiveness of NCUA programs and operations, and detects and deters fraud, waste and abuse, thereby supporting NCUA's mission of monitoring and promoting safe and sound federally insured credit unions. The OIG conducts independent audits, investigations and other activities, and keeps the NCUA Board and U.S. Congress fully and currently informed of their work.

Edited by Goey

As of June 2005, they plan on having an "Interactive" web site online in 18 months. Guess we can expect something in about a year. I wonder if it will be as "great" as TWI's? :lol:

They're off to a good start: http://thewaycu.org

whois thewaycu.org
Domain Name:THEWAYCU.ORG
Created On:16-Jun-2004 17:33:33 UTC
Last Updated On:06-Jun-2005 17:57:40 UTC
Expiration Date:16-Jun-2006 17:33:33 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Go Daddy Software, Inc. (R91-LROR)
Registrant ID:GODA-06983032
Registrant Name:David Navarro
Registrant Organization:The Way Credit Union
Registrant Street1:19100 E. Shelby Rd
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:New Knoxville
Registrant State/Province:Ohio
Registrant Postal Code:45871
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.*** ***-***** (for the paranoid)
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:**********@thewaycu.org (more paranoid)
Admin ID:GODA-26983032
Admin Name:David Navarro
Admin Organization:The Way Credit Union
Admin Street1:19100 E. Shelby Rd
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:New Knoxville
Admin State/Province:Ohio
Admin Postal Code:45871
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.***************** (dito)
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:***@theway.tv   (dito head)
Tech ID:GODA-16983032
Tech Name:David Navarro
Tech Organization:The Way Credit Union
Tech Street1:19100 E. Shelby Rd
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:New Knoxville
Tech State/Province:Ohio
Tech Postal Code:45871
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.********** (dito dito head)
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:***@theway.tv (dito dito dito)

Hopefully, I asteriked enough....

I *think* that they have required "staff" to have a credit union account and direct deposit through the credit union. Dunno if that's ethical or legal, but if that's what I had to do, I'd have it and then immediately transfer it to some bank where my spending habits are mine and not privy to the eyes of TWIts.

Why I do declare, Miss Belle. You are correct. That's the way it was when I was at the Hell Hole.

"The $10,091 average figure is probably misleading though. I wonder how many of the 1006 members have little to nothing on account and how much money is in each of the top 20 accounts and who these top 20 account holders are. I wonder how much Rosie, Donna, Howard and a few others have managed to sock away on thier humble and meager salaries."

Exactly what I wa thinking Gooey. What account has the most funds.

Here's another little tidbit. According to the records on file, all audits of The Way Credit Union since June 2000 have been done by its own Supervisory Committee and not by any external or state licensed auditors.

If TWI is doing thier own audits, wouldn't that be letting the wolf watch the sheep?

If so, they need to have it looked into have an independent auditor look into the whole credit union to see if TWI is really on the up and up.

I believe The Way Credit Union Stopped loaning money in 1995 ...... that was when craigers (with a little c, hee hee) was really teaching on debt. If I recall correctly you also had to be an advance class grad of craigers first new advance class to keep an account there or open one up at this time. Probably a tactic to get people to take the class or get to the level of taking it, to be able to keep their acounts open.

The reason I am recalling this is because it was the year we were confronted on our stock, considered gambling at the time and we ending up having to sell it ........ boy were we stupid to do that ... but TWI got their ABS from it ........... although we chose not to open an account in their credit union and deposit the money from the sell there..... that of course was optional .... we had free choice of where to do our banking.

Digi

Funny, if you look at the Miscellanous report but the different months their memnership roster has greatly increased. But, if you look at their profit & loss it's shrinking in profit. Additionally, in the technology report as of June 2005 they state they did not have a web site. I thought it had been up for at least a year?

Vyctorya

Funny, if you look at the Miscellanous report but the different months their memnership roster has greatly increased. But, if you look at their profit & loss it's shrinking in profit. Additionally, in the technology report as of June 2005 they state they did not have a web site. I thought it had been up for at least a year?

Vyctorya

Vyctorya I think the web site was refering to the Credit Union not the Way International site. The Credit Union is a seperate entity and as such would have it's own site.