NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL

1100 AM EST FRI DEC 30 2005

SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THAT AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE IN THE

EASTERN ATLANTIC HAS DEVELOPED INTO A TROPICAL STORM ABOUT 1000

MILES SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF THE AZORES. A SPECIAL ADVISORY ON

TROPICAL STORM ZETA IS IN PREPARATION AND WILL BE ISSUED IN AN HOUR

OR SO.

:asdf::asdf::asdf:

Well, at least if there are any more new out of season surprises after midnight tomorrow night, they start anew with the regular 2006 list...so this should be the last Greek storm.

Is it, Lifted, or do they not start over till the start of the 2006 Hurricane Season? I 'spose this has never been an issue before either. B)

Raf

I just heard about this one on the news.

This is the season that will not end. It just keeps on going and going and going...

I kinda of thought that the names wouldn't start over until the begining of the new season in June.

So where's the next hurricane party going to be? Raf? Belle? We really have to celebrate this one.

Edited by moony3424

SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THAT AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE IN THE

EASTERN ATLANTIC HAS DEVELOPED INTO A TROPICAL STORM ABOUT 1000

MILES SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF THE AZORES. A SPECIAL ADVISORY ON

TROPICAL STORM ZETA IS IN PREPARATION AND WILL BE ISSUED IN AN HOUR

OR SO.

Ha! Just heard this on the news about an hour ago. Thought of you all right away. :)

We just got 7 inches of snow last night, and it hasn't stopped yet.

Time to go out and play!!! B)

I don't know how Raf posted links to the "cones,"but I had to point out that there was indeed another tropical storm in the Atlantic. My stepson mentioned it, and I thought he was kidding; but there it was. Zeta! It actually achieved (weak) tropical storm status on Saturday. I imagine that that's the latest Atlantic storm on record. Just think -- if it started two days later it would have been a 2006 storm, and probably the EARLIEST on record!

George

I. I imagine that that's the latest Atlantic storm on record. Just think -- if it started two days later it would have been a 2006 storm, and probably the EARLIEST on record!

George

I think I saw there was an "alpha 2" on Dec 30th in 1954 ... this tied the record for latest in the year Edited by rhino

I don't know how Raf posted links to the "cones,"but I had to point out that there was indeed another tropical storm in the Atlantic. My stepson mentioned it, and I thought he was kidding; but there it was. Zeta! It actually achieved (weak) tropical storm status on Saturday. I imagine that that's the latest Atlantic storm on record. Just think -- if it started two days later it would have been a 2006 storm, and probably the EARLIEST on record!

George

George,

That's what this thread is about. The storm actually formed on Friday.