GreaseSpot Cafe

Small numbers....small recognition

skyrider

According to some innie postings........twi is really trying to change to a "kinder, gentler" version of its former self. Seemingly, the "storming wrath" has passed and rosa-lie and co. are rescinding the "mark & avoid" orders that were a staple threat in the 1990s.

Small numbers.......attend twi's sunday teachings in the auditorium (which seats about 1,450).

Small numbers.......are in limb after limb, branch after branch.

Small numbers.......are the requirement for new classes (how many??......3?).

Small numbers = small recognition.

It's GOTTA BE tough to keep a straight face......and boast of PREVAILING, when most of twi's auditorium audience is comprised of its staff. :)

It's GOTTA BE tough to keep enforcing control.....when more innes are coming to GS and finding out about the lawsuits, atrocities, plagarism, wrong doctrines, etc.

It's GOTTA BE tough to gain recognition.......when corps and adv class grads keep EXITING their doors and making preparations for their own future.

:asdf::asdf::asdf:

No wonder twi has revoked the lcm-doctrine of "mark & avoid." The loss of abs is certainly a factor........but so is the "image of prevailing."

And, aren't they scratching the foundational class.........with another version??????

Well, at least......they can AGAIN boast of their numbers in this mandatory foundational class.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I'm sure that the dwindling numbers must be a constant source of embarrassment for twi. They probably have a "canned response" to explain why the numbers are so small and why it is no big deal...what else CAN they say?

The fact remains that they are dying on the vine because of the rotten seeds they have sown.

If it wasn't for all the abs that they collected during the 70's and 80's, they couldn't possibly afford to keep the boat afloat...

Actually, the money that they are bringing in now is hardly worth their effort...the REAL reason why twi continues on is because they HAVE to, in order to keep the corporate structure functioning within the legal framework that allows them access to their assets (previously referred to as the abs collected during the 70's and 80's)...As long as they meet the criteria for their tax exempt, religious organization...the assets remain theirs to enjoy. They are not legally permitted to dissolve twi and split the loot...they have to continue with their facade.

I'm sure that the dwindling numbers must be a constant source of embarrassment for twi. They probably have a "canned response" to explain why the numbers are so small and why it is no big deal...what else CAN they say?

A constant source of EMBARRASSMENT is right....!!!

Are the OSC hallways lined with verses of scripture and/or landscape prints? I mean.....surely, they don't display those wide-angle corps pictures with some 2,200+ corps present. Nor would they bring up the history of nearly 3,000 outgoing WOWs in 1982.

With such LOW, PATHETIC NUMBERS.........twi cannot display their past without serious questioning, nor can twi honestly boast of a prevailing work.

And, the graduating corps numbers.......being "trained" in a multimillion dollar location outside Gunnison, Colorado.......requires top security clearance to get a straight answer.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Small numbers is right! It makes me wonder if that's not exactly what the powers that be want.

They got all the money. It is much easier to manage a small handfull of staff members to keep the grass mowed and send out a few tapes and "assist" the top leadership with their every little need.

All the benefits they have..... no worries about insurance, taxes, medical, electric, food, automobile maintenance, on and on it goes.

A nice little cornfield cocoon. All made possible by past ABS. Why grow and have all the headaches associated?

Better to stay small and have all the worker bees take care of the rest.

Some of our local churches have grown at a faster rate and have more godly results..... especially with the youth.

From what I hear from recent folks who have left, THE WAY is boring. Youth can't stand that at all! I'd leave too.

PS - Regards to your family, Skyrider. Give them our love.

Edited by igotout

From what I hear from recent folks who have left, THE WAY is boring. Youth can't stand that at all! I'd leave too.

igotout........yeah, a boring, religious ritual for waybrainers. No thanks.

And, those staffers........feed their fantasies of "teaching the prevailing word" in a disconnected wayworld. They see devil spirits lurking in the shadows. They label cancer as spirit-possession. They keep themselves isolated, like the Waco-Branch-Davidians, from the devilish world......all the while, boasting that they have taken the word over the world.

To continue on this path of disillusionment......will be their fulfilling prophecy.

:rolleyes:

My ex even said on many occasions that TWI had become not only a religion, but a BORING one at that. Now he's on staff at HQ. WTF?? Maybe he went there to get closer to "the light of the word", thinking it wasn't as boring at HQ? Maybe he went to try to liven things up? I dunno.

They always said that churches were useless because they didn't meet people's needs and take care of them spiritually. Now TWI is what they so badmouthed and people realize it, but they don't leave to find the place that WILL take care of their needs - one of which is fun, enjoyable, relaxing fellowship. It's so easy to say, "I don't get it" when we're on the outside, but I still remember all too well the fear of leaving and doing something about it when you're on the inside. Leaving TWI is almost like taking a "leap of faith" that things really are better outside the walls of TWI.

I wonder how many they'll have go WD and into the WC program this year. We'll see if they mention numbers in the way rag when it comes out. I should be getting one soon.

((((((sigh)))))))

One of our friends just called to say they are going in the Corpse!

They want to "change things" and bring back the "luv".

:cryhug_1_:

goodluck

((((Sigh))))

I'm sad for your friend. :cryhug_1_: Good thing, though, is they could be opening themselves up to see how hopeless the task is and how evil TWI really is and call you for help to get out! :)

I'm hoping that's what being on staff at HQ does for my ex.

((((((sigh)))))))

:cryhug_1_:

goodluck

Well, I had friends who were in the corps AFTER the kinder and gentler ministry had come in to play...yeah right. :wink2: That had the same aspirations to change things. Two of them got the boot because they dared to confront things.

They had been given a time at Gunnison to ask questions. Questions that everyone else was being given "none of your business" answers to. They got BS answers. For example:

Q: Why is Donna still active Corps and not M&A with her husband?

A: It's a different administrtion.

Q: Is the bus the corps is transported to town in safe?

A: Of course it's safe. We wouldn't use it if it wasn't.

A: (From a corps trainee who works in transportation) Well actually it needs a lot of work and isn't that safe.

That guy had a meeting with the corps coord and the next day got up and ate those words in front of everyone.

One other guy wrote a letter to RFR asking why obvious BS was happening and not being changed. He got booted from the Corps.

Two of my friends who were in training also, took that as an opportunity to confront things that were obvious BS. They were both booted. The one friend came to live with me and cried for months about her treatment and said "It's a damn cult! It's a damn cult!" Of course I was a good little wayfer at the time, and I dismissed her statements as emotional words. That girl is a fellowship coordinator today.

She told me she regrets telling me that stuff because it played a good part when I decided to leave. It was my own personal experiences and GSC that helped me walk out the door for good. I told this girl that even though she regrets it, it doesn't change the fact that it happened and she didn't take back anything she said happened. I asked her if she thought Gr*g Bolch*lk changed...I'm sure it stirred things in her, but she is too waybrained to leave God's ministry. It is sad.

They have alwas put on facades, and the will continue to do so. They will always have secrets to hide. I hope it bites them in their big arse.

I feel that anyone going int the Corps these days is simply going to work for TWI as an employee.

You are expected to be in compliance and agreement with your employer.....fair enough.

But if it were me I would look for gainful employent elsewhere. It appears the benefits suck.

I think some people are a bit lazy and want to coast along and be told what to do.

I would rather die.

((((((sigh)))))))

It continues to amaze me that someone would go into a regimented system and "try to fix it." The facts are.......it was designed by victor paul wierwille and is above reproach. To want to "change things" is like wanting to "change the spots on a leopard to stripes." It just ain't gonna happen.

Too bad this corps candidate doesn't listen to his/her head..........LOGIC is trying to break through them there waybrain patterns.

One of the sweetest girls I know had her heart set on going into the corps after high school.......about four or five years ago. Well, it didn't take long into the program for her to realize that this was NOT what she wanted in her life. She is now in college.

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Imagine that, a ministry complete with false and micro-managing leadership, under-achieving and disillusioned followers with no sense of self confidence and worth, and no desire to change.

Where's the green card???

TomTuttle, that's priceless!! THE BEST description of TWI I think I've ever read!

it was designed by victor paul wierwille and is above reproach.[/i] To want to "change things" is like wanting to "change the spots on a leopard to stripes." It just ain't gonna happen.

Obviously this hasn't stopped TWI leaders from abandoning VPW's works (PFAL, etc) in past years.

Even by their own teachings of Acts - "Prevailing" (Acts 19:20) was to be a description of expansion results. It's amazing that even their own leaders have never wondered where even the "Added" (Acts 2:47) are....yet they are "prevailing." Over what? :blink:

As "promised-land settlers".........those staffers at hq are PREVAILING every day by getting to work on time and keeping devil spirits from infiltrating their work space and wierwille property. It ain't easy but someone's got to go it. Besides the 3-minute commute from Trailer #12 to the OSC, and breakfast served at 7 am........one has to manuever the hallways and bathrooms and "be in fellowship" upon arrival of their desk chair.

Prevailing......is a thought-by-thought process over eeevil. Added fellowships or expansion results comes much later.....after dominance of self.

In cult world...........being self-centered IS the roadmap to prevailing.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

• 2 weeks later...
Someone clear something up then...is mark and avoid dead or not?

"We have never marked and avoided, and we won't do it any longer."

"All marking and avoiding was done by El Forehead Grande,

and as such has ended when he was put out to pasture."

"We never kick anyone out-they kick themselves out."

etc. etc.

====

OFFICIALLY,

they claim not to mark and avoid now. They're currently in

their Dr Jekyll phase. Mr Hyde isn't due for several years.

UNofficially,

you're still history if you ask questions-whether you're officially

kicked out, or just frozen out until you get tired of being treated

like a piece of refuse.