GreaseSpot Cafe

The "250 Mile Radius".

nandon

I cannot imagine making a 4 to 6 hr drive for STS, then drive the same amount time to reach home really late and going to work the next day.

It doesn't make sense, but since when did LCM say anything that made sense?

Long before the lcm-mandated daze.............veepee boasted and singled out individuals who traveled in for his sunday services. But like everything else in twi.......more hoops to jump.

Besides.....some of those couples were retired when they traveled to hq in the 60s/70s. Some of these people had no kids, etc. Why can't twi leadership SEE that it was a different time, different everything. Heck, there were NO CORPS ON THE FIELD at that time.....and now, twi mandates a "250 mile radius" rule to keep with their wierwille-days origins.

What a petrified way of thinking.....

:asdf::asdf:

To those or us that left before POP this seems really strange you have to realize..

To have TWI say that we had to attend?? It just didn't happen before POP and I think that most folks pre-Craig thought in terms of "grace" and not "law" and would have rejected it out of hand. I say that.. but remember how most still adhered to Mal 3:10.

sudo

To those or us that left before POP this seems really strange you have to realize..

To have TWI say that we had to attend?? It just didn't happen before POP and I think that most folks pre-Craig thought in terms of "grace" and not "law" and would have rejected it out of hand. I say that.. but remember how most still adhered to Mal 3:10.

sudo

Sudo ~~~ I agree, and I thought of that too.

Somehow, I followed (then) the Malachi teaching,

but I would have absolutedly refused to drive to Ohio weekly,

(or is that weakly???) (if mandated).

When I saw this latest posting about *having* to attend,

I didn't give it much attention, thinking that that is the way it is now.

But DANG!! ~~ had they (twi) even dared to suggest that to me

back when I was *in* in the 70's,

I'd a been M & A'd much sooner!!!!

It was WAY more free thinking back then.

Even authority had to toe the line.

BS statements like that would have been chucked in the woodpile.

I cannot imagine making a 4 to 6 hr drive for STS, then drive the same amount time to reach home really late and going to work the next day.

It doesn't make sense, but since when did LCM say anything that made sense?

For those who were 249 miles from hq.......the whole prep and travel experience was a 12-15 hour ordeal. And, if one traveled by car caravan and with several children, factored in all sorts of communication and preparation for this mandatory attendence.

And..........3 DAYS LATER, the cassette tape arrived in the mail.

And...........you paid for that TOO.

:asdf::asdf:

We lived 15 minutes away and it was required of us every Sunday. We were told that we live in the "buffer zone" and our actions and believing protected the MOG. By the way, if you got marked and avoided and lived near HQ you were actually told to leave the area and move because your unbelief could hurt the MOG dontcha know. Apparently LCM couldn't even believe for his own protection from the adversary.

Unfortunately no, I am not kidding.

Those who lived in the buffer zone - hey we protected the MOG - especially one time when he was filming I believe it was the Way of Abundance of Ego class. We kept the debbill spurts away from HQ.

And.....on the field, all of us corps branch coordinators were required to teach 8 branch sunday services..... stringed chairs, podium, coat & tie affair, ushers, way prod, display table, sign-up table, announcements, the whole shebang.

According to mog.....it kept debbil spurts working overtime and away from hq.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This was also mandated for Camp Gunnison you know....

Only 3 and a half hours away, over hills and MONARCH PASS. Sure, NO biggie.

I remember all the work it took to get there, sometimes treacherous conditions, to only sit in the auditorium there

for a "HOOKUP" to HQ. IT WASN"T EVEN A LIVE TEACHING! :realmad:

so you would stare at all the woodwork (beautiful) and most would doze off.

Then, when over, go get a burger , back to the "changing room'

get in the car, and head back OVER the pass home.

We did this once a month for a year I think! ( i think even more than that)

Oh wait, I forgot to mention "caravans". Yes, had to make sure you all traveled together. You know what it is like to follow a real slowpoke and keep track of all cars. And this was before cell phones!

Once in a while we got walkie talkies.

What a nightmare it was.

I remember one night on the way back, it started snowing ice on the pass, I was literally "hanging outside the car banging ice off the wipers''. Thank God it was dark and I couldn't see the edge of the cliff we were on.

Ahh those were the days...............

The "BUFFER ZONE"....?

that's wierd. i don't think i ever remember hearing about that.

I do remember at my advanced class (at indiana campus in 96) LCM played basketball one day with the students. That night he mentioned that he played ball and had a good time. He said that he didn't notice anything funny going on, that it was "spiritually clean out there". This was in reference to the guys he played with. Weird. kind'a like he was checking his buffer zone.

he then said he has a huge spiritual radar so that if anything was going on (spiritually) he would have known about it. what the hell was he even talking about, was he concerened that they guys playing ball were getting possessed?

I had no idea he was playing that day, so i chose to do some laundry instead of playing hoop. I'm a good player so i know i would have killed his team. he teamed up with a couple of my friends. I wonder what would have happened if i had beaten his team?

he then said he has a huge spiritual radar so that if anything was going on (spiritually) he would have known about it.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I guess his radar was jammed when he was caught with his pants down.

I guess his radar was disabled when he got the boot from being the Prez.

I guess his radar was down when he was served with a lawsuit.

I bet his radar wasn't working when he got slapped silly for berating a fan at a bowl game in Orlando where his favorite college football team was getting its foot whooped. (Those who were there knows what I'm talking about).

Correct me if I am wrong, but.....

Even with the 250 mile radius people coming in for the STS, isn't

the auditorium still pretty empty (from what I've heard)?? :unsure:

Although I was not in that radius, I hated them putting that burden

on the people, just to have warm bodies in the audience! If the

Word of God they are teaching is so hot, energized of God, :sleep1: and the

present truth for that specific week, why do they even need to bring up

the 250 radius? Innies reading this....think about it! :blink:

People came from all over to hear Jesus Christ and Paul share the Word.

They saw when, at those events, hundreds of signs and wonders, healings

and spirits being cast out! :evildenk: Hello! But twi has to make an

attendance rule. Any healings there lately? :sleep1:

Can someone really say that they are redeeming the time, when driving

6+ hours in a day for a tape they will get later that week? :unsure:

From recent reports, twi's sunday services are PATHETIC and BORING.

It's "appeal" is spiraling downward, year after year. Even in the 90s, I knew some corps who REQUESTED to move away from the 250 mile radius.........BECAUSE they'd grown tired and weary of all the mundane traveling to hq, all the car-caravaning, all the hoops to jump.

Actually, when I think about it.........twi's auditorium has rarily been filled to its 1400-seat capacity.

And.....today, some 1400 people would be HALF OF THEIR FOLLOWERS IN THE USA.

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

The 250 mile radius required you to be in the auditorium one Sunday a month. Used to live 150 miles from there. 2 1/2 hours there, 1 1/2 hours sitting on my but in the auditorium hearing what I would here in a few days on a tape, 1 hour eating burgers and waiting for the wife to stop talking to everyone and get in the car, 1 1/2 hours back home.

Then we were 260 miles away. I think the limb guy was 253 miles away. He never went and never expected us. If he had, I would have pointed out the extra 10 miles. :)

For the corpse who were dropped living in the 250 mile "buffer zone" (what a stupid concept), they were expected to move out of it -- as we were. Why? Because Craig, as he stated, did not like seeing these people in the auditorium on Sundays. Said it made him sick to see such cop-outs. So he forced them to move out, making it harder for them to show up there, and relieving his indigestion.

Way of Abundance of Ego pretty much sums it up.

I remember those 8 weeks of branch meetings also. For two months, your entire Sunday was wasted on these stupid meetings. Spend 2 hours setting it up, 2 hours for the meeting (depending on how long winded the bc was), an hour waiting for people to leave, and hour to tear it down. They also were all done in dumpy rooms that the bc could find for free. Usually required a longer prep time just to clean it up.

Way of Abundance of Ego pretty much sums it up.

I remember those 8 weeks of branch meetings also. For two months, your entire Sunday was wasted on these stupid meetings. Spend 2 hours setting it up, 2 hours for the meeting (depending on how long winded the bc was), an hour waiting for people to leave, and hour to tear it down. They also were all done in dumpy rooms that the bc could find for free. Usually required a longer prep time just to clean it up.

GreasyTech.......yeah, 8 sunday services on the field that HAD to personify "hq standards" and help alleviate martindale's spiritual pressure from debbil spurts while he was filming WAP.

In one of the northern cities, a corps friend of mine.........had assigned 15 people for the 2-hour early arrival and set-up. Add to that....children, early meals, travel time, dark suit taken for later change of clothes, etc. etc.......MADE FOR AN EIGHT HOUR COMMITMENT ON SUNDAY. And, what's more.......with his branch, only about 5 more people showed up for these teachings (besides the 15 for set-up).

After about 4 weeks of this.......most everyone couldn't wait till this gruelling task was over.

Ditto what GreasyTech said... the 250 mile radius meant you had to go once a month. At first, it was kinda fun because we had recently lived at HQ and knew LOTS of folks. Sometimes we would even travel up a few days ahead and spend time with staff friends, then come home after SNS.

But then came the mandates. You had to go on your state's scheduled Sunday. You had to have at least two adults in your car. And, you had to caravan with at least one other vehicle (which meant you usually had to compramise on your route, pit-stops, meal choices, travel times, etc.). And if you had kids it was worse because they would be EXHAUSTED for the next couple of days until they got back into their regular routine.

Oh, and about that same time staff were being required to move back onto HQ grounds, and because they lived on-grounds they had to get permission for all visitors. It was ridiculous.

I started hating that trip to HQ and trying to find ANY reason not to go.

Outofdafog,

"Way of Abundance of Ego"..... hahahahaha (snort) hahahahahahaha!!!

You should have been thankful for the abundance of Word coming from the root local of God's Household that was brought to you with such love of and for God each week. The Present Truth that was served to you on a silver platter was to protect and shield you from the wiles of the Adversary. By receiving God's Word as it was taught, you were able to gird your loins to the attacks the Adversary, and his realm, and prepare your heart for the week ahead, as you had the light of the truth illuminating your path, and the blessings of God heaped upon you because you made yourself available to hear his Word.

So, write your damn Thank You card!