• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Billy graham stays out of trouble...

http://cnt10.tripod.com/graham.htm "The False Prophet"

http://100777.com/node/498 "Billy Graham Exposed"

Yep he is out of trouble :confused:

ckmkeon

With due respect, can you find some more credible sites than these two?

I get really incredulous when I start reading material from sites that include such information as:

Monsanto is at fault for Mad Cow disease

US mind control technologies highlighted

An ancient jewish conspiracy "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" that explains where we are today

Although I am sure there are some who would be happy to believe the above type of information, to me it sounds like oh-so-much conspiracy theory...just like what the "Patriots" of days gone by were pushing. And a site that publishes that kind of stuff loses a lot of credibility with me.

So if you don't mind, I'd really prefer to see different sources cited to back up your point. Because old conspiracy theory stuff just doesn't work for me...

you are so much older and wiser than me

Finally.

We got some honest truth out of you.

You're right I'm older and much wiser. Bet your bottomed-azz dollar on that one.

Ask your Dad.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Do people really think of him as Moses and/or Jesus Christ? I'm not involved formally or informally in any organizations that have any dealings with him, so you're the expert on that one. But people say and do a lot of weird things so it wouldn't surprise me.

The Google searches exposing Billy Graham. :unsure:

Little by little, post by post. This is too slow, even for an old codger like me. When you get your thoughts together, and do all the Google searches post them. I'll check back after I have my cup of cocoa. :dance:

Here are some more sites for you

http://www.christianmediaresearch.com/graham.html "Grahams sellout Honored by thr British throne"

http://procinwarn.com/billy.htm Billy Graham

http://atruechurch.info/graham.html He is not a false prophet (beacause he is not a prophet) he is a false teacher

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...5062501285.html Just another False Teacher

http://www.despatch.cth.com.au/Articles_V/billyLiar.htm Who can deny that graham is a liar

http://remnantheology.blogspot.com Billy graham is a false prophet a servant of the beast

I hope these help as credible as the Washington Post

ckmkeon

Edited by ckmkeon

Finally.

We got some honest truth out of you.

You're right I'm older and much wiser. Bet your bottomed-azz dollar on that one.

Ask your Dad.

Do people really think of him as Moses and/or Jesus Christ? I'm not involved formally or informally in any organizations that have any dealings with him, so you're the expert on that one. But people say and do a lot of weird things so it wouldn't surprise me.

The Google searches exposing Billy Graham. :unsure:

Little by little, post by post. This is too slow, even for an old codger like me. When you get your thoughts together, and do all the Google searches post them. I'll check back after I have my cup of cocoa. :dance:

I uesd MSN Search People think Dr.Wierwille was god, what do you think people believe about Graham??

Except for thousands for Dr.Wierwille, Millions believe it for Graham

ckmkeon

I do not like a lesbian as TWI leader.

LMAO!!!

I get really incredulous when I start reading material from sites that include such information as:

<a href="http://100777.com/node/421">Monsanto is at fault for Mad Cow disease</a>

<a href="http://100777.com/doc/9">US mind control technologies highlighted</a>

<a href="http://100777.com/protocols">An ancient jewish conspiracy "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" that explains where we are today</a>

Although I am sure there are some who would be happy to believe the above type of information, to me it sounds like oh-so-much conspiracy theory...just like what the "Patriots" of days gone by were pushing. And a site that publishes that kind of stuff loses a lot of credibility with me.

So if you don't mind, I'd really prefer to see different sources cited to back up your point. Because old conspiracy theory stuff just doesn't work for me...

Hey mark,

try www.prisonplanet.com

its great.

Some quotes from the Wash Post article:

"Billy Graham is just one of many false teachers," says Darwin Fish, who swears that his real name is Darwin Fish and who flew in from Los Angeles, where he is a member of something called A True Church. He is holding a cardboard placard, attached to a pole, that says "Graham Leads to Hell," which is a pretty nervy position in any context but an especially nervy one here, on the first night of a three-day event, one expected to draw as many as half a million faithful.

A hundred yards away, a woman named Shirley Phelps-Roper is holding a pair of placards, one reading "Thank God for 9/11," the other "America Is Doomed." She and her family, who hail from Kansas and who apparently picket pretty much full time, believe the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, as well as the death of every American soldier in Iraq, are God's retribution for tolerance toward -- see if you can guess -- gays. That's right. Stop coddling homosexuals -- she uses a more derogatory term -- and this country has a chance. Phelps-Roper will explain the liturgical basis for this, which has something to do with dog references in the Good Book, but you ask for clarification at your peril.

The Procinwarn site home page teaches us:

Calvary Chapel, Chuck Smith, promotes contemplative and Catholic rituals...

Movie about martyred Christian missionaries stars a homosexual

Edmund Burke was a Freemason

Evangelicals Prostituting Themselves with Roman Catholicism

Another phase of global brainwashing is upon us...

- Promise Keepers

- Purpose Driven

- Lord of the Rings

- Passion of the Crucifix

Of course, there is a page giving us EDUCATION FOR THE NEW WORLD ORDER

atruechurch.info has a much better message. They, at least, don't talk about evil conspiracies. However, it appears, to them, that everybody is going to hell but them. In addition to lambasting Graham, they condemn just about everybody else to hell, as well.

If you are involved with the kind of Christianity that views the "church of Christ", or Billy Graham, or Rick Warren, or James Dobson, or Pat Robertson, or John MacArthur, or Tony Evans, or Greg Laurie, or Charles Stanley, or Chuck Smith, or Fred Price, or J. Vernon McGee, or Charles Blake, or Chuck Swindoll, or T. D. Jakes, or David Jeremiah, or Charles Spurgeon, or Dave Hunt, or David W. Cloud, or Perry F Rockwood, or Neil Anderson, or Robert Schuller, or Jack Hayford, or Benny Hinn, or Miles McPherson, or Ray Comfort, or Chuck Colson, or C. S. Lewis, or Pope John Paul, or Hank Hanegraaff, or Paul Chappell, or any of the like (or any of the likes on "Christian" TV or radio) as godly men, you are not saved. Why? Because, you are on the broad way (Matthew 7:13; 2 Peter 2:2; 2 Timothy 4:3). You have not the characteristic of Christ's sheep (John 10:5). And, men such as these are wells without water (2 Peter 2:17).

Of course, they correctly say that Catholics and Orthodox are going to hell. But did you realize, according to these folks, that Valley Baptist, Valley Bible, Weigh Down Workshop, Stine Road Baptist, Seventh Day Adventists, New Wine Christians, Promise Keepers, New Life Center, etc., are all going to hell as well? That's pretty tough! (The question I'd have for them is -- what if they, for being such Pharisees -- end up being the only ones going to hell??)

Christian Media Research has some good information, too.

They tell us the following:

Under basic New Testament doctrine, the Jewish people are not the so-called “chosen people” — but that’s hardly the point. The point is, the present American policies will only serve to perpetuate another round of the Pit and the Pendulum. Each military incursion against an oil-producing Islamic nation can only be viewed by the rest of the world as an opportunistic attempt at gathering the oil riches that are held by the Arab and Islamic peoples. Indeed, most observers outside of the United States see these efforts as the cynical mercenary acts of a military power that is clearly acting in concert with a politically ambitious Zionist agenda. And the backlash is building.

They also let us know the true nature of the conspiracy:

Another factor inhibiting a complete understanding of the movement supporting the Antichrist is the 'conspiracy within a conspiracy' aspect of the Babylonian system. I previously noted that the Council on Foreign Relations has an inner circle associated with the Trilateral Commission; even as the Trilateralists are hostage to a smaller circle of conspirators several observers have identified as Freemasons. There is, however, within Freemasonry, another inner circle known as the Illuminati.

First taking root in Bavaria under a leader "...indoctrinated into Egyptian occultism in 1771," 15. this secretive group is now believed to be in full control of the global Masonic movement. According to Robert Macoy (1815-1895), a Mason of high rank, an effort was begun by "...the originator of the llluminati to engraft his system upon the Masonic rite." 16. This infiltration implies "...that the Illuminati, with their Masonic front organization (are) actually a secret society within a secret society."

Seriously, I have a hard time taking these kind of folks seriously. No offense, and I'm not telling you to doubt them...I just don't buy it, sorry.

Thanks.

They "help" but only in confusing me more. There's a lot of things being said on these links. Are you just taking the Google search and posting any link that has something bad to say about him?

Which are true, in your opinion? All? If so, why? Some of the things being said are very ambiguous.

Like this one - http://atruechurch.info/graham.html

Some of that as it's held forth is hogwash. The lamest point goes-

Graham is popular.

Graham admits he's popular and gives examples.

Jesus said Woe to you when men speak well of you, for so did their fathers to the false prophets

So Graham is a false prophet.

That's just the rookiest twist of that verse I've seen.

The bit about Graham advocating murder because he can see abortion being allowable under certain circumstances - makes him sound like he advocates abortion across the board. He doesn't. They also go on to add "abnormalitites" and make it sound like Graham wants to abort and/or kill the blind and deaf - which is pretty weird as they're the ones defining certain people as "abnormal".... He doesn't and if they're going to make such magnimous accusations they should go to the trouble of quoting - exactly - where he says those kinds of things. Because it's obvious to a one eyed parrot that he doesn't in their page.

Lame. As are many of the other points made, it's very Way-like to be honest. They make an accusation, read a verse that says something about what they're accusing him of and then use that verse in direct application to Graham, even though they haven't actually substantiated the connection - like Graham not being a "spiritual" man because he won't cast judgement on certain issues or people and prefers to let God judge. Sounds to me like Graham's being as honest as he can be with what he knows and these guys butt's are puckered so tight they can't even see clearly from inside.

Oh yeah - the best one is Graham being a veritable son of the Day-Vul because he thinks Catholics can go to Hay-vun.

That's the only link I read. I have to lay down now and get my rest.

But I"m getting warmed up.

:biglaugh:

I'll be back.

Edited by socks

Thanks.

They "help" but only in confusing me more. There's a lot of things being said on these links. Are you just taking the Google search and posting any link that has something bad to say about him?

Technically, he said he was using MSN search,

not Google search.

(Give him time to work up to using Google and easing off MSN.)

However, it appears that's what happened.

He did a search, found some links, posted the links.

It's a LOT faster than vetting your sources.

That step, frankly, is unnecessary to some people.

After all, when you start from the position that

"all religious figures are at least as corrupt as vpw",

all you have to do is ignore any evidence to the contrary,

and seize any pretext to label or badmouth any leader.

====

Bullinger's book "Word Studies on the Holy Spirit"

(formerly "the Giver and His Gifts") was used extensively

by vpw for the White Book, the pfal class, and doctrine

in general. (IMHO, it's one of his sources for his outright

hatred of Catholicism.)

Anyway, Warren Wiersbe wrote a Foreword to it in 1979.

It includes the following statement:

"We may not agree with him, but at least we have the opportunity

to examine our own convictions in the light of his thinking.

It has been well said that he who knows only his own position

does not know even that. It is good to widen our outlook even if we

do not change our position, for, as Dorothy Sayers wrote,

'There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only

sufficiently limited.' "

I thought it was worth remembering.

The search criteria differ,

so

A) they DON'T search the same places

B) the results don't come up in the same order, prioritizing differently

C) MSN is a corporate-sponsored engine,

which means people like twi pay to have their entry come up first

(we discussed this a long time ago)

D) MSN's search will show FAR fewer results,

and may miss what you're looking for

(It did when I used MSN search, back when)

E) MSN passes an entire "plate" of "cookies" when you even

searches, especially when their engine isn't that hot.

Will you go to hell for using MSN? Heck, no.

However, I do not know anything for which it is the BEST

engine to use.

(Even Yahoo's best for something...)

I really don't trust MSN monitoring my

searches,

Do you use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape??

Microsoft Internet Explorer is operated by Microsoft as is MSN.

Plus Google is owned and operated for money the more you spend the better page your results will be on for the keyword used.

ckmkeon

So, now that everybody's done exactly what I didn't want ( a cross-examination of B.G.), can anyone speak to the question?

I asked why VPW (or even [gag] Craig) didn't hit the airways for a faster accumulation of wealth. I used my first hand recollection of what VP said were the reasons were to not 'sell out', and then what I felt were the real reasons, that they could not stand up to scrutiny.

I mean what I said and I said what I mean. Now go to your room! Enough!

So, now that everybody's done exactly what I didn't want ( a cross-examination of B.G.), can anyone speak to the question?

I asked why VPW (or even [gag] Craig) didn't hit the airways for a faster accumulation of wealth. I used my first hand recollection of what VP said were the reasons were to not 'sell out', and then what I felt were the real reasons, that they could not stand up to scrutiny.

I mean what I said and I said what I mean. Now go to your room! Enough!

How do you know that they didn't my dad lived in Cincinnati and heard things on the radio for TWI. (In 1970)

ckmkeon

You responded to my distrust of MSN monitoring my searches with:

Do you use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape??

Microsoft Internet Explorer is operated by Microsoft as is MSN.

Plus Google is owned and operated for money the more you spend the better page your results will be on for the keyword used.

ckmkeon

A) I use Firefox, which is based on the Mozilla program,

which was used for Netscape Navigator.

When I can't used Firefox, I use IE.

B) IE IS operated by Microsoft.

That has nothing to do with my distrust of MS monitoring my searches.

IE is not spyware. MS does not get information about me just from

my IE usage-except possibly from my cookies when I'm logged

in to an MSN site. That's why I warned about cookies.

C) Google is operated for money.

However, you do not know how they make the money.

For the record, they use SPONSORED ADS.

So, Google remains a valuable tool because people find

it to be the BEST search engine, which would not be the

case if advertising would overthrow the search results.

You can easily ignore the ads, and many people do.

Okaaaaaay.

Can I come out now?

Airwaves and money. The Way wouldn't have stood to make much, IMO.

There were some radio broadcasts done, and some videos shown here and there but nothing that stuck. "High Country Caravan" was another effort made with an eye to dipping a toe into the media pond but it never took off.

One reason - the Way didn't really know how to market cross-media. Remember - PFAL was originally done in a version directed by VPW himself. He wanted to do it all in house for various reasons including the costs. (I saw parts of it in '69 after it had been done a second time, that he showed in a summer school meeting. It was pretty rough, amateurish.) In '67 PFAL was filmed again professionally with much better results. The Way still did a lot of it's own prep work and VPW referred in the class to "the Art Department" which wasn't really there, although I suppose it could be interpreted "vision" or even a euphimism.

The Way sunk most of it's resources into property - the Way Nash in New Knoxville, the New Bremen church, Emporia, the Sidney House, Rome City and then Tinny, N.M. Staff, salaries, equipment, maintenance, upkeep, etc. To mount a decent radio or TV drive would have taken deep dinero, tall dough.

The High Country Caravan videos were promoted some, but at the time the only hope of a major syndication would have been for someone to pick them up and produce them for the Way, picking up the tab. That would have meant doing a deal with a secular company or network. No deal there, babeee. I do remember VPW talking about not "selling out". Whether there were ever any deals on the table to consider, I don't know. Never heard of any serious offers but there may have been.

Craig - no idea. Not to ride a horse down that's already been put away wet more times than a dirty diaper but I doubt Craig would have really had the leadership skills to know how to pull it off, let alone the technical and professional skills to navigate those waters. IMO. It would have likely turned into another financial debacle to drain finances, lose money and break the spirits of anyone that worked on it, saw it, heard of it or even knew about it, and then been cause to blame, mark and avoid the innocents that had worked to make it happen but who had been unable to warn him in advance it wouldn't work - who would have been kicked out for saying so anyway, if they had. IMO.

Edited by socks

And just to show you I'm on your side CK -

Chris Geer- the worst. I've got reasons, rock solid ones -

1.) He looked terrible in a cowboy hat, but wore one at times. Terrible doesn't do justtice. Like - picture the Rocky era Sylvester Stallone in a beanie. That bad.

2.) After living in Europe for a year or so he developed an accent, an effected articulation that sounded vaguely British at times. Just a little, but a little of that goes a long way. Y'know mate?

3.) P.O.P - after "W.A.P." the worst acronym ever to come out of the Way. A different title would have helped, like "Stuff I Say Is True"...."S.I.S.I.T"....it's got legs. Didn't he know we'd be using the acronym 20 years later on the internet? Somebody's cookie jar was leaking.

4.) He produced his own version of PFAL and franchised it, allowing for ex-Wayfers everywhere to have the ability to hear everything they'd already heard dozens of times, and pay for it again. And again. And again. Makes Enron look like a non-profit.

Although brief, I rest my case.

I give equals to two, Chris Geer and LCM. Reason? Geer decided to wreck the ministry with a phony paper in a coup by using VPW's name post mortem. LCM reacted to that by eliminating as many Wierwille worshippers as possible and replacing his memory. To accomplish that, he ran the ministry into the ground. Had he stayed on a few more years, he could have bankrupted the organization.

I don't have enough on Rosalie to judge.

Eagle

I give equals to two, Chris Geer and LCM. Reason? Geer decided to wreck the ministry with a phony paper in a coup by using VPW's name post mortem. LCM reacted to that by eliminating as many Wierwille worshippers as possible and replacing his memory. To accomplish that, he ran the ministry into the ground. Had he stayed on a few more years, he could have bankrupted the organization.

I don't have enough on Rosalie to judge.

Eagle

I really enjoyed Passing of a Patriach it should have been a wake up call for LCM

CK

• 2 weeks later...