GreaseSpot Cafe

In praise of TWI/VPW/PFAL and other acronyms.

WordWolf

In the interests of fairness,

I thought it would be a good idea to have one thread where

all the people who have the perception of feeling persecuted

could post, and not have the rest of the forum interfere.

So, the purpose of this thread is to have a place

where people who want to say NICE things about TWI,

or VPW, or PFAL or stuff along those lines can post,

WITHOUT hearing anything about criminal acts or

ruined lives or anything.

So, here it is.

I'll even set it up as best I can....

================

You see a meadow, with large tents overhead, covering areas.

Above the tents is a clear sky, without a hint of clouds,

and there's a cool breeze in the warm air, keeping it

warm but not hot. You see several benches unoccupied

under one tent, and there's some pitchers of lemonade

and other items here, along with glasses.

Things I learned in PFAL that were of great help to me

I learned after VPW drew a whole bunch of X"s on a board to represent my sins--that even if I forgot some, Christ still paid the price for each and everyone of them and Heavenly Father forgave them all, lack of memory not withstanding.

I learned about the importance of context in understanding the Bible, coming from a background of sporadic recitation of a few key verses as being considered "quoting scripture", this has stood me in good stead over the years

Well as long as the greater thans give PERMISSION to the lesser thans , it will be ok.

Just remember the all alegations are proven truth, in fact the more hysterical the better, more drama means more allies and that of course means proof in and of its own self! safety in numbers fallacy works best!

The goal of saving the world from dead people must be of utmost priority!

If betsy said it it is correct and truth and just as it all happend I was not there no one eles heard of it if you can type it It absolutely happend

but not, untill no one could defend themself or chose to because it is so ridiculas that any logic refutes it .

but do NOT use common sense or logic or most important truth ! this rule is to avoid DANGER of repeated multiple personal attacks until it gets sent to the soap opera thread.. where no one can see the evil of logic or just plain common sense.

If that does not work just ignore the posters and start a new thread to give them permission to carry on within your territory which speaks volume on who is really in control of this board, and who gets to say what when and just how.

Well as long as the greater thans give PERMISSION to the lesser thans , it will be ok.

Just remember the all alegations are proven truth, in fact the more hysterical the better, more drama means more allies and that of course means proof in and of its own self! safety in numbers fallacy works best!

The goal of saving the world from dead people must be of utmost priority!

If betsy said it it is correct and truth and just as it all happend I was not there no one eles heard of it if you can type it It absolutely happend

but not, untill no one could defend themself or chose to because it is so ridiculas that any logic refutes it .

but do NOT use common sense or logic or most important truth ! this rule is to avoid DANGER of repeated multiple personal attacks until it gets sent to the soap opera thread.. where no one can see the evil of logic or just plain common sense.

If that does not work just ignore the posters and start a new thread to give them permission to carry on within your territory which speaks volume on who is really in control of this board, and who gets to say what when and just how.

:confused: huh?

cool chef

maybe you can ask Rascal , she seems to think everyone pov should be respected without false accusation , or critical analysis (see above post for the ONLY type of proof needed) say one thing yet post another much?

At least I do not change the tune in mid stream and play with lies , the problem is you can not say all is respected here out of one side of your mouth then feel as tho your personaly attacked when another disagrees.. esp. when your the majority .

unless you are, hah .

and they say low income housing causes gang mentality I beg to differ.

Coolchef

On another thread Raf invited me for a up of Coffe at the cafe after we disagreed on a doctrinal point

This was my response

As for the cup of coffee, I'll have to pass but i would be more than happy to sit at the cafe and have a strawberry lemonade and inhale the fumes from your cup :rolleyes: (of all the things I miss , a steaming cup of coffee with cream and sugar first thing on a winter morn has got to be the hardest on some days)
From there we went to Allen W
If Christ saved you from all your sins, wtf is wrong with a nice hot cup of coffee (with cream) on a cold wintry day

How we got from strawberry lemonade to sins and forgiveness I leave to other wiser heads

In the interests of fairness, I thought it would be a good idea to have one thread where

all the people who have the perception of feeling persecuted could post, and not have the rest of the forum interfere.

I sense no persecution but felt it wouldn't be a decent thread without a completely off-topic comment.

Although, if the Perc's started posting on one thread - would everyone there eventually persecute everyone else? Or would it just end up as one long "yeah, you're right"....."yup, that's the truth"....."sure, I'm with you on that".....................although that sounds kind of familiar anyway, board-wise.

But now that I think about it, it seems like if anyone posted on this thread for it's purpose, it would be very weird. Maybe it should start with a declaration or affirmation of some sort, like:

"Hello, my name is (---) and I've been posting on GS for (----) and I have a perception of being persecuted. Thank you for listening to me, but would you please stop blinking that way as it makes me feel like you're putting me down and calling me stupid and my uncle used to do that when I was 12. But I digress, thank you for listening to me, even though I know you're really laughing behind my back and will start threads to torment me but I'm bigger than that, so there!!!"

Can we get that up somewhere?

:offtopic:

I can't talk though, I never start threads. I should start a thread and stop all this dilly dallying around. I'm giving it some serious thought.

Edited by socks

I am thankful for PFAL because I learned that:

Punctuation is devoid of authority (and that was/is a dandy!)

That Jesus was/is no whimp ("and he looked round about on them with anger")

That the gift of holy spirit is freely available to all who call upon his name

That after being born again, I had Christ in me the hope of glory! -"My God people! What power we've got if we only knew it!" And as David Craley once put it; "At that point I almost spilled my Good 'N Plenty all over the floor!"

That the Word of God should be our only rule of faith and practice

That the Word of God is quick and powerful, sharper than any two edged sword...

That "the works that he did, I could do also, and greater works than these..." (John 14:12)

That the Bible doesn't have to be a strange and mysterious closed book to me, and that I, a "non scholar" need not fear to try and understand it...

And that I need not pray the old "begging prayer", the "I'm unworthy" prayer, but rather that I could come boldly before His throne of grace and ask for help in time of need...

That God's ability equals His willingness. And, simply put: "That God loves me and gave His Son that I might live...."

Now could I have learned any of this elsewhere? Well sure. But, when I fell to my knees and asked God to help me out of my dark night of the soul, the very next morning, a bright and wonderful young gal who later went into the 7th Corps came to work aboard the cruise ship I was working on, and immediately she witnessed to me with the love of God and an open Bible. And I could not, and will never ever doubt that the Lord God Almighty answered my prayer, and the answer came via a WOW Ambassador.

And for that, I am eternally grateful...

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Hey Johnny your story reminded me of this song.

The WOW Ambassadors- Dean Ellenwood

There's a group of people speaking forth God's Word today...

There going to grow with God this year they believe and pray.

And God will bear his arm for them, that is for sure!

There our WOW Ambassadors.

And a Wow Ambassador they work for God it's plain to see.

They do their best to walk like Christ who set the captives free.

And their true believers and they believe to give their all, and then give more.

And their growing as they learn to live, A WOW Ambassador.

Early in the morning they rose up from their beds.

They might of felt like going back to sleep,

But they read God's Word instead.

And as those sunny words of life woke up their sleepy heads.

Well they grew excited as they thought about the day ahead.

And one by one their family well they gathered round to pray.

And it's always so exciting just to hear what God will say.

Well that day was bound to be special to the people in that town.

It's a blessing when a son of God stands on holy ground.

And their true believers, and they believe to give their all, and then give more.

Now early that same morning another man in that town.

Had been awake all night, he lay wishing for the light...

He was hungry nigh unto death to know the truth.

He thought what's the use of living? if there is no truth to be found?

And he found himself at a lonely end just wondering what's the use?

But...it was then that WOW Ambassador arrived upon the scene

He was on his way to work, but then he saw that man in need.

And he had the love to speak those words of life to that man's heart.

And to cast away the darkness there, and made a brand new start.

He said at last here is the sunshine, at last here is the son!

As excited questions flooded from a heart held down so long.

It had been so many lonely years but at last this man was free.

And he's thankful to this day I know...

Because that man was me.

And their true believers, and they believe to give their all, and then give more.

A WOW Ambassador.......

Edited by WhiteDove

:offtopic: By the way, Hi Socks! I have in my posession a Fender Stratocaster, the first good guitar I have had the chance to play on for an extended period of time. It's a red Mexican Strat. It's new, and a friend of mine who'll be out of town for awhile said I could play on it for awhile and decide if I want to buy it. He put some new expensive pick ups on it which he says are way better. They are made by EMG. Heard of 'em? He said I could have it and the new case for $700.00. He got it from a friend who died, and it didn't cost him anything. And so, he put the new pick ups on it, but now wants to sell it. And so, I have been playing on it, and it's nice...

Hey, thanks White Dove! :)

SWEET! JL!!

Strat's - they're good ferya!

ON :offtopic:

Back :offtopic:

Yeah, what kind of pickups, any idea? Strats are great for tricking out. Go for it! Just make sure the neck's straight - eyeball that puppy from the body end, with the headstock pointing away and sight down the left and right side of the neck at the fretboard - it looks like a little railroad track with the frets. It should have a very slight bow, but not much and be the same when you sight the left and right sides. Fender has some good info on the instrument set up if you want to get an idea of what's involved - http://www.fender.com/support/setup/stratsetup.php

Edited by socks

And so, yeah Socks, I guess I do not know much about pickups. I mentioned that he put brand new "EMG" pick ups on it, and I thought that was enough info for ya. I guess you wanted to know: "How many gigahertz and watts and/or amps and all kinds of electronic "whatevers" these pickups can handle or perform. And so anyway, I guess I don't know what to tell ya. It sounds really nice though. My friend said that he didn't want it because it is "RED". Is there a stigma with "red guitars"? It almost sounds like it by the way he put it...

According to my friend, he put these 500 dollar pick ups on it, therefore boosting it's worth. But thanks for the heads up Bluzman. Also, he's asking six hundred for the git-tar, but the hard case is really nice so he wants an extra hundy for it. Fact is, I probably won't buy it. But I do get to play it for the next 12 weeks... :dance: