GreaseSpot Cafe

Another Rag Article

Belle

Well OM, if someone believes in saved by works, that's what they'll say..this is another example of why I remain thankful for what i learnt in pfal, a whole lot of that wrong thinking laid to rest, giving me the freedom to just enjoy quality time with ma heavenly Daddy.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly don`t know where and when Oldies became such an authority on what *rascal* believes.. :rolleyes: ....but lets get this straight shall we?

I BELIEVE that when Jesus said that by their *fruit* ye shall know them...he meant precisely just that....

I BELIEVE that when Galatians say that manifestation of certain behaviors are the direct result of people being of the *flesh*..it means precisely just that...

I BELIEVE that when Galations says that those who are guilty of being of the *flesh* have NO inheritance in the kingdom of God....it means precisely just that....

Go on and try to justify why we are to ignore clear instructions in the scriptures in favor of twi dogma, and ignoring peoples viscious and destructive behavior.....but this certainly isn`t about me or my opinions or my beliefs here...it is about what scriptures themselves declare concerning vpw`s actions...and the validity of his ministry and doctrine.

Edited by rascal

Cw said.." OM like it or not you are 'witnessing' and what you are touting has been proven to destroy peoples lives..."

Yes CW..like a couple of other posters here, come on, if it's o.k. for one to do it and get away without getting pulled up, it's o.k. for all. Otherwise that thinking makes this forum another one where the worst kind of biggoted, hypocrites hang out.

Allan...I specifically said "and others".

I don't care one bit what anybody posts. Post away. Have a blast.

Just don't get PO'd or insulted if I take issue with it.

Look...

Bottom line is...

Saul of Tarsus aka Paul quit going around killing people after his conversion.

VPW et al continued to commit adultery, fornication, lying, bearing false witness, etc. BECAUSE THEY USED GRACE AS A SEASON OF THE FLESH.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Paul actually had a conversion and vpw et al never changed.

:asdf::asdf::asdf::asdf::asdf::asdf::asdf:

Coolwaters, even the Apostle Paul said of himself that he was carnal, and a sinner, in Romans 7:14-25, so even if he stopped his murdering, he was still a sinner and sin worked in him.

And when one interprets Galatians 5 like Rascal does, it doesn't matter whether Saul was converted or not, because he did the dirty deed and there is no mercy or forgiveness.

She takes that verse literally, throws out others.

You say VP never changed... were you around him 24/7?

I spent a month with the guy in June of 1984.... didn't notice him murdering and raping...

He was still teaching God's word ...

How do you know he and LCM and others didn't ask God for forgiveness for their sins?

Edited by oldiesman

You are not saved by your works (Fruit)

Works (fruit) is what proves you are saved. It is said over and over throughout the bible in various ways and passages.

TWI substituted SIT for "Fruit"

In fact, SIT is one of the gifts of the holy spirit, not even the greatest one per Paul

If you are "born Again" truly converted, you weight your actions against the yardstick of "what would Jesus do" And if you slip and forget to check, or for some reason fall short you ask forgiveness and it is granted through Jesus Christ. As for the the rest of the world they see your "Fruit" ---kindness, generosity, aiding others etc.

This is in sharp contrast to the belief system that says, once you are born Again, you can do anything you want because you are forever righteous. Which is proved, no matter how aggregious the sin, as long as you SIT. You can SIT in your bedroom with no witnesses and prove to yourself you are righteous and sally forth with no change in your behavior as regards the "Fruit" the world sees from your hands ( and I'm not even going to get into how many times that experience was faked)

Mo, I'd say the same thing about "fruit" as I would about "SIT"

I still believe SIT proves that one is born again.

You believe "fruit" proves that one are born again.

But neither get you born again.

You don't have to SIT, or produce fruit, to be saved.

Salvation is not by works, it's by God's grace.

That is in James, written by James the Lords brother "the Legalist".

There is some controversy over whether that should have been added to the bible in the first place.

Check out "The Two Ways of the Christian Church" by Dave Anderson. :)

That is in James, written by James the Lords brother "the Legalist".

There is some controversy over whether that should have been added to the bible in the first place

Ah the predictability of the TWI brained--If it doesn't fit our dogma that it shouldn't be in the Bible.

I mean since "we" are right and the rest of the world wrong-any scripture that doesn't agree with us must be,

a figure of speech indecipherable except for those in the know,

wrong,

translated wrongly,

clear words have been substituted for unclear words

...la da dee la da dum

And the beat goes on.....

Ah the predictability of the TWI brained--If it doesn't fit our dogma that it shouldn't be in the Bible.

I mean since "we" are right and the rest of the world wrong-any scripture that doesn't agree with us must be,

a figure of speech indecipherable except for those in the know,

wrong,

translated wrongly,

clear words have been substituted for unclear words

...la da dee la da dum

And the beat goes on.....

Mo, this is not way brain at all but a reasonable controversy.

Check out David Anderson's book... he's not way brained and you may find it quite thought provoking.

Martin Luther may have had a similar position if I remember correctly. I could be wrong.

I know Who David Anderson is. I even have his books on ACTS. He does write well. But that doesn't mean I agree with everything he writes

Using the argument that a book shouldn't be in the Bible to absolve oneself from either

1. Believing what is written
  2. Following what is written

Is not a very convincing argument. The fact is, James is in the Bible so lets go from there.

Now, I'm still waiting for that verse about perpetual righteousness even when sinning

I would like to know from those who are against OM in this position, If a person loses the sonship rights how do they get them back? Can they get them back? If you can get them back can you loose them again? My point is that nobody is ever going to get to the Christian walk where we are perfect in these catagories of the flesh. But we endeavor to be. And if we are ever going back in forth from sonship rights to no sonship rights thats what I call works. Why dont we just start going to a priest and confess from here to F*%*#& Sunday and get a head start on those works. Now there is a difference in walking in the light and not. And I John 1:8,9 say that its going to happen. But he is faithfull to forgive us. And you better watch out that you don't step on my justification either. Because if I have to pay with wrath for the ones I didn't recieve any reproof and correction on and may or may not have asked forgivness for the the justification is worthless. What if I die right after I committ a sin of the flesh? I guess its to hell for me according CW. Jesus Had all my sins on the cross, past present and future. All we had to do was believe one time "unto righteousness." If you take those verses in Galations and dont interperet with the clear verses on the subject you have the wrong deviding of the Word. I wonder if this is really even about the Word or if some people just want to write off anything that evens smell like TWI. But this stuff smell sweet to me!

well... I'll tell you right up front rickyg, I question anything I've ever learned from TWI... It may be true, but until I can get some other definitive source (that I trust) telling me the same thing... I'll doubt it.

I have no faith in anything I learned in TWI because so much of what was taught was bent to the personal ideologies of veepee and then to LCM and now to RR...

If they were presented with research that didn't fit 'what they wanted' they disregarded it or sliced it up so that it did fit...

Ricky it sounds like you are the one *writing off the word* by entirely dismissing galatians in support of your personal perceptions.

The fruit listed as being *of the flesh* are simply that ...an indication of what a person is inside....Galation further clarifies that they will have no *inheritance in the kingdom of God.

But we endeavor to be

That is the point--there is a huge difference in trying to lead a sinless life, messing up, asking forgiveness , and being forgiven

And

Living any way you please sin or not, doing what ever you want sin or not, and justifying it with a doctrine of "perpetual righteousness"

It's the latter that is the problem

it's all already been done ricky

seeing it is another story

removing the blinders and barriers

it can't be seen looking thru darkness

as evident in twi leadership

so they couldn't live it if they tryed

nothing has been taken away from us

we have been given