GreaseSpot Cafe

Another Rag Article

Belle

Okay, I couldn’t bear to finish Brend@ Mull1ns’ article as it was so boring and repeated the same thing over and over again, so I thought I’d move on to the next article. Sadly, it’s the same ole ~ same ole. I couldn’t bear to type the whole thing as all she did was repeat herself over and over again using the same friggin’ words, just in different orders, but sometimes even in the same order. :yawn1: Anyway, for your displeasure, I present….

Renewed to Righteousness

Robin Spaghetti

WC grad of the class of 1990 and serving in the WC Dept. at HQ

She starts with the usual required “incident”. Hers is that she was having coffee with a good friend and the friend wanted to give her something. The friend explained why she wanted to give Robin this gift. Her heart was that it would help her to remember to think positively and differently about herself. She gave Robin a beautiful opal and garnet ring; and still to this day, every time Robin wears the ring, it reminds her to elevate her thoughts about herself.

God, says Robin, gives His children a gift when they are born again. God gives us his gift of holy spirit, which includes his righteousness. Romans 5:17 says that “they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.” She says that when we believe this reality from God’s word, it helps us to think differently about ourselves and to elevate our thoughts to the standard of the word. God made his children righteous by the accomplishments of JC. We as believers can manifest our righteousness when we renew our minds to God’s word, confessing the word and taking action on it. (sounds like same old drivel to me….

She invites us to “go to the word” to see what is written in the Bible regarding our righteousness. The scriptures reveal how someone can be made righteous spiritually.

Romans 10:9-10

The instant any individual confesses that Jesus is lord and believes God raised him from the dead, that person is saved and becomes a son of God. At that same point, she says, that believer is made righteous before God, “for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness…”

A clear definition of righteousness can be found in The Bible Tells Me So, by vee pee wee. “Righteousness is the God-given justification whereby a person stands in the presence of God without any consciousness of sin, guilt, or shortcomings.” Spiritually, says Robin, a born again believer has the right to stand in the presence of God withouth any consciousness of sin, guilt, or shortcomings.

Some have erroneously taught that righteousness may be earned by performing good works. Reading the scriptures for ourselves enlightens us on the difference between God’s righteousness and man’s opinions of righteousness. Sincerity is no guarantee for truth. To live and claim our righteousness, she says, it is important to read the Word for ourselves and not merely rely on what people may say about it. God’s word declares that Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Romans 10:3-4

Those, she says, who are unaware of God’s righteousness go about trying to establish their own righteousness. Even well meaning Christians may do all kinds of good works and beneficent acts trying to please God, but these good works do not make them righteousness.

2 Cor 5:21

JC was the complete substitution for sin. There was nothing left undone in his substitution for us. As we accept the accomplished works of Christ a a finished reality, we hold the truth regarding our righteousness in mind. We do not feel compelled to work out our own righteousness in mind. We do not feel compelled to work out our own righteousness because we know that God through the accomplished work of JC worked it out for us.

Ro 5:6-8

Robin says that if our being worthy of God was dependent on our own strength or abilities, we would not measure up, because the word says that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. But JC made us worthy. I mean, if our righteousness was due to our own accomplishments, we would not need a savior.

God, out of his great love, gives his gift of holy spirit because we need it, not because we’ve done any work to deserve it. A gift is not something that can be earned; otherwise it would not be a gift but wages for work or rewards for merit:

Ro 5:15-18

God’s grace, his unmerited devine favor, abounds unto many. How many? As many as freely claim his gift by confessing Jesus as lord and believing God raised him from the dead. The gift, which includes our sonship right of righteousness, was made available by the accomplishments of JC. The righteousness of God is given to every believer by God’s grace, not by the believer’s works. We have only to believe God’s word to manifest our free, God-given righteousness.

(is it me, or has she just spent two pages saying the exact same thing over and over?)

Imagine being in a store where everything is truly free. The store is open all day, every day. There are no limits on the stock of over nine hundred available items. Store membership is offered to anyone who wants it. People come in and get as much as they want, as often as they want it.

Let’s say Robin accepts a store membership, goes into the store and asks for one of the available items. As soon as she gets to the checkout line, the cashier places her item in a bag and says, “God bless you. Everything is already paid for.” She tries to explain to the cashier how she’s different if the generous store owner really knew her, he wouldn’t want to give her a free gift; therefore, she insists, she must pay for the item on her own. But the cashier won’t accept her payment, so she goes to the end of the line and tries to pay for her item again and again. In this scenario it seems a bit silly to not accept something that has already been paid for.

God has lovingly made over nine hundred promises available to his kids. Our sonship right of righteousness is certainly included in the stock of blessings that God freely gives to all who believe. One man, JC, paid the price so we are able to stand in the presence of God without any consciousness of sin, guilt or shortcomings. …we have to believe, accept and hold fast…God’s free gift of righteousness….

….

(snipped because all she’s doing is saying the exact same thing over and over again)

…To practically claim our God-given righteousness, we renew our minds to believe what the word says. We direct our thoughts to the word and see all we have been given by grace and magnify our God-given righteousness, not our sins. A simple definition of the renewed mind is to hold the word in mind and act accordingly.

Ro 12:2-3

And be not conformed….

Christian believers are urged to not be conformed to this world. She tells us that we are not to mold our thoughts along worldly standards, but instead we are to be transformed by the renewing of our minds to the scriptures. We think thoughts that are different from this world, says Robin. A change occurs when the mind is renewed – it is transformed. One who renews his mind to what he is in Christ, according to Robin, is no longer sin-conscious or burdened with feeling unworthy or inept.

By renewing our minds we prove “what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” The blessings available from believing the word about our righteousness are worth changing for, she says. The renewed mind elevates God’s word above worldly thoughts and man’s opinions. …

(snipped again….yadda, yadda, yadda….)

Job held fast to his righteousness….

We can avoid being ensnared no matter what the situation in life by confessing the positive truths of the word….What is confessed with the mouth and believed in the heart will absolutely come to pass, for God is faithful to carry out his promises.

(If that were true, my life would be a whole lot different today…)

One thing the adversary does is to persuade people that they are not as good as the word says because of something they have done. The adversary wants people to waver and stop confessing the word. However, we confess the word about ourselves, not because of our own works, but because of what Jesus Christ accomplished for us and what we are in him. ….

Things we can confess and claim:

- the righteousness are thankful and dwell in God’s presence.

- The lord will bless the righteous

- The righteous are not forsaken, nor do their seed need to beg for bread.

- The work of righteousness shall be peace

If we hold these truths in our minds and confess them we can bring these truths into practical reality in our lives. Robin tells us that the righteous will dwell in God’s presence, be blessed, be prosperous, and have peace.

1 Jo 3:20-21

For if our heart condemn us, God is greater….

Here we see that our hearts may not be reliable as a guide…..we cannot always trust our thoughts, feelings or experiences…

If we sin, we can confess our broken fellowship to God and receive his forgiveness.

1 Jo 1:9

God forgives us, and we can continue in fellowship with him, standing on the word. Anyone who gets up as many times as he falls is still standing. This standing requires renewing our minds and taking action on the truth.

God’s word tells us of the mighty works that can be done by the righteous. To walk in the way of abundance and power we must confess and act as the word directs. Here are examples of ways we can do this to claim our righteousness:

- the effectual, fervent prayer of the righteous avails much

- The righteous give and spare not

- The righteous are bold as a lion

- The lips of the righteous feed many

If we hold these edifying truths in our minds and act on them, we bring them into reality in our lives.

Finally, to claim our righteousness we must also take action on the word. What great blessings are available to all who receive God’s “abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness” and what mighty works can be done by men and women who “reign in life by one, Jesus Christ!”

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What drivel...

The righteous give and spare not, but earlier she says that even well-meaning Christians give and do great works aren't righteous.

(Translation: Give to us and you'll be righteous. Give to a "religion" and you aren't.)

If we hold these edifying truths in our minds and act on them, we bring them into reality in our lives.

(Translation: If we think we're right all the time, we will never be able to admit we're wrong. Ever.)

What is confessed with the mouth and believed in the heart will absolutely come to pass, for God is faithful to carry out his promises.

(Translation: Yes, we tell God exactly what to do.)

Oh, where are the Tums...

She's WC, huh?

A PFAL Foundational class grad should have been able to write that!

WHERE IS THE NEW LIGHT?

(They haven't paid the light bill in decades!)

..."To walk in the way of abundance and power"?

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Hmmm..."power for abundant living" means that the "power" is a means to get to the "abundant living", which is the end result...walking in the way of "abundance and power" however, means that both the abundance and the power are both an end in themselves.

The fact is that you receive neither abundance nor power when you associate with twi...You are actually giving THEM your abundance and giving THEM power to control you! The roots of a tree are hidden underground and receive their nourishment in secret...

What drivel...

The righteous give and spare not, but earlier she says that even well-meaning Christians give and do great works aren't righteous.

She didn't say that well-meaning Christians aren't righteous.

She said "these good works do not make them righteous".

She is saying that we were made righteous by faith, through the works of Jesus Christ... not our own good works. (Philippians 3:9)

What is confessed with the mouth and believed in the heart will absolutely come to pass, for God is faithful to carry out his promises.

(Translation: Yes, we tell God exactly what to do.)

Confessing with your mouth and believing in your heart something that God promises is not telling God what to do it is confessing with your mouth and believing in your heart something that God has promised.

God's grace, his unmerited devine favor, abounds unto many. How many? As many as freely claim his gift by confessing Jesus as lord and believing God raised him from the dead. The gift, which includes our sonship right of righteousness, was made available by the accomplishments of JC. The righteousness of God is given to every believer by God's grace, not by the believer's works. We have only to believe God's word to manifest our free, God-given righteousness.

I would be the first to agree that works will not righteousness grant--The LDS Church teaches that works are the manifestation of being a follower of Jesus Christ "by their fruits shall ye know them"

But there is a much more subtle message here "We have only to believe God's word to manifest our free, God-given righteousness." and "As many as freely claim his gift by confessing Jesus as lord and believing God raised him from the dead"

This is TWI's linchpin--the foundation that permitted the sexual misconduct, the yelling, the prying the control. Per them "Righteous" was a gift, given like a birthday present--and, although it is never stated as such, a get out of jail free pass for any conduct. How many times did we hear, "God does't condemn You" "claim your sonship rights".

"Right Behavior" is a form of works, and we didn't need works, and since works didn't gain righteousness, the unspoken message was they couldn't loose it either unless you left TWI of course--In which case you were no longer a "son"

Subtle and devilish

And by taking "works"away as the proof of being a follower of Christ and substituting SIT--they finished the circle

Edited by templelady

Thank God I'm not required to read all that.

It looks almost exactly like what I was hearing and reading over 25 years ago.

Do any of those people ever grow, change or mature?

or are they stuck in some sort of bizarre timewarp where you have to listen to the same broken record (and it is a bad broken record) over and over and over and over and over for all eternity?

You gotta wonder

"Right Behavior" is a form of works, and we didn't need works, and since works didn't gain righteousness, the unspoken message was they couldn't loose it either unless you left TWI of course--In which case you were no longer a "son"

Subtle and devilish

Mo, when did twi teach or suggest that if you left twi, you lost God's righteousness, and were no longer a son of God?

I was taught something mighty similar.....that if you left twi that you left God`s hand of protection....that you would die spiritually ...and then physically.

You also would lose all of your rewards at the bema and would be so spiritually contaminated that you might get others posessed.

No, technically not a revocation of son ship....but mighty close. You weren`t part of the household any more.

You had to do an awfull lot of *WORKS* in order to stay IN fellowship and IN good standing with God and the household.....AND in order to recieve every award that you had earned in this life at the bema.

Edited by rascal

Oldies, no one would come right out and say that leaving TWI stripped you of your rights and standing, but you know that by saying we would be greasespots by midnight implies that we would be an open target to to the devil.

Now, if I, with or without TWI's teachings, believe that I am a Son of God, then I have His protection and love whatever the circumstances. Building the fear of reprocussion by the devil if I leave is saying that I no longer have God's protection or the blessings of His righteous hand in my life.

I don't think that it takes a huge leap in intelligent thought to realize the subtle implications. Remember Donna's blurb on Naoma and Art? She died because Art left. Well, when Art left, was he still a son of God? Yes. What happened was an unbearable tragedy, but to say that it happened because he left TWI was putrid garbage.

Mo, when did twi teach or suggest that if you left twi, you lost God's righteousness, and were no longer a son of God?

OM

I think the phrase "sold out to the adversary" pretty well covers that as well as "no longer standing on the word"

I mean you aren't really suggesting that TWI taught that even if you left TWI you kept all your sonship rights are you???

And , if that is the case, please post the letter, teaching or whatever, where that was taught or said.

Edited by templelady

Ok everyone ...

"Let's do the Time Warp Again!!!!!"

Every time I attempt to read one of these articles... I want to do this.... :asdf: and it seems like this :confused: starts to happen. I know we have people just waiting to see what goes wrong with us since we left "the household"

In reality, I had missed out on a huge chunk of life since I was so busy obeying twi. I started to neglect that intimate relationship I was supposed to have with God and with Jesus Christ.

Some have erroneously taught that righteousness may be earned by performing good works. Reading the scriptures for ourselves enlightens us on the difference between God’s righteousness and man’s opinions of righteousness. Sincerity is no guarantee for truth.

Deuteronomy 6:25

"And it shall be our righteousness, IF we observe to DO (works) ALL (not missing even 1, even one time) these commandments before the Lord our God, as he hath commanded us."

Righteousness by "good works" which Jesus Christ did, so we do not have to. If someone kept EVERY commandment of God, every time and never missed, that person wouldn't have any conciousness of sin, guilt or condemnation. The problem was, although it was "possible" God knew no one ever would, except Jesus.

My point being, by Robin not being specific as to who erroneously taught, she was wrong. If she would have said "Christians," then she would have been right. Either way the whole thing was just so boring, boring, boring, boring.........

Thanks Belle for stomaching the Way Rag to remind us that we are not missing anything!

I wonder if boring people is a sin? :evildenk:

They call themselves a "research" ministry, yet it is completely "rehash" and "review." There is absolutely nothing "fresh" or invigorating to the minds of the readers.

My young daughter (Miss Patriot) has gone through different screenings at her school because she is handling the material (reading, math, etc.) so easily (yeah, I'm bragging :)). Why? Because, if she stays at a level too basic for her, she would be bored, not push herself to be better. I read these articles, and the same old trite sayings (e.g. "Sincerity is no guarantee for truth" quotes from the same old Blue Book, etc.), covering the same old topics taught in every class, in the exact same, dummed-down manner, ....and you just have to believe that it is having a negative impact on their people (especially the advanced ones). No growth, no challenge, nothing specific, fresh, or deep thought provoking. Boring, boring, boring!

Have to agree with ya Olds..things have a habit of getting twisted by smoe people !

Yea, good article, even if it is the 'same old, same old'.

The DARN SHAME is that twi forgot HOW TO transfer their 'teachings' into the 'practical realm' !!

I guess they're walking in 'practical error'.

I know we have people just waiting to see what goes wrong with us since we left "the household"

Which *household*??? That of twi, or God?? And yes -- there is a difference. :)

The household of God is spiritual -- above this world.

The household of twi is physical --- and of this world.

I would rather hear Balaam's foot speak.

(For once an foot got it right) ---

(I think there is a figure of speech there, somewhere -- )

:spy:

OM

I think the phrase "sold out to the adversary" pretty well covers that as well as "no longer standing on the word"

But whether that is true or false still would not negate a persons sonship or sonship rights, which is not based upon man's works, but the works of God in Christ Jesus that has been bestowed upon us who believe.

I mean you aren't really suggesting that TWI taught that even if you left TWI you kept all your sonship rights are you???
Of course I am. They are permanent. Righteousness, sanctification, justification, redemption, ministry of reconciliation.
And, if that is the case, please post the letter, teaching or whatever, where that was taught or said.

Here's an excerpt on righteousness:

Many denominations have erroneously taught that a person can be righteous one minute and unrighteous the next; and if that person does not become righteous again before his death, he will miss heaven and end up in hell. This is not true. When God made us righteous in Christ Jesus over nineteen hundred years ago, we had nothing to do with it. When the Spirit of God in Christ is born within us, we are at that moment and forevermore righteous. We receive the nature of God which makes us righteous right then and there.
You are Righteous Now

The Bible Tells Me So

Pages 70-71

I believe once a son, always a son. Now can we as sons give up our rights and be adopted by the other side? I think we can. We can forsake our father(God) and then end up in hell. I don't know but I belive it to be true. We sow what we reap. Can I prove that by the word? Aint gonna try.

Look at the good people gone bad. Those that said they believed Romans 10:9&10 and then wreaked havoc on peoples lives makes me wonder if they were really born again. I know SIT is proof but some people do switch sides even if they believed Romans 10:9&10.

Edited by justloafing

Many denominations have erroneously taught that a person can be righteous one minute and unrighteous the next; and if that person does not become righteous again before his death, he will miss heaven and end up in hell. This is not true. When God made us righteous in Christ Jesus over nineteen hundred years ago, we had nothing to do with it. When the Spirit of God in Christ is born within us, we are at that moment and forevermore righteous. We receive the nature of God which makes us righteous right then and there.

OM

That comment, was used a "bait" in PFAL to prove the excellency of TWI

What I asked for was a Teaching, not PFAL, that was addressed to PFAL graduates that said "it's okay to leave TWI because you'll still have all your son ship rights"

But I do want to thank you for further clarifying leadership Mindset

"When the Spirit of God in Christ is born within us, we are at that moment and forevermore righteous."

When the Spirit of God in Christ is born within us, we are at that moment and forevermore righteous, even when seducing young girls.

When the Spirit of God in Christ is born within us, we are at that moment and forevermore righteous, even when molesting children.

When the Spirit of God in Christ is born within us, we are at that moment and forevermore righteous, even when committing adultery.

When the Spirit of God in Christ is born within us, we are at that moment and forevermore righteous, even when demanding our fellow believers give up more money than they can afford.

When the Spirit of God in Christ is born within us, we are at that moment and forevermore righteous, even when using unrighteous dominion over others.......

Edited by templelady

Look at the good people gone bad. Those that said they believed Romans 10:9&10 and then wreaked havoc on peoples lives makes me wonder if they were really born again. I know SIT is proof but some people do switch sides even if they believed Romans 10:9&10.

EXACTLY Loafing!!! Either there is more to it then what we understand in romans, or people really can *switch* sides as you stated it.

Think of just how many people who sit`s in twi ... who manifest nothing but the fruit that galatians says unquestioningly brands them as *of the flesh* and there for having *no inheritance in the kingdome of God*

Honestly consider how many people in twi sit`d and yet served satan?

I don`t think that even with our scriptural knowledge aquired in twi that we accurately understand yet the spiritual walk.

Edited by rascal

But I do want to thank you for further clarifying leadership Mindset

I didn't clarify leadership mindset ... I quoted an excerpt from PFAL that proves twi taught sonship rights are permanent ... which was in response to your suggestion that twi suggested that if one leaves twi, one loses their sonship and sonship rights, which in and of itself blatantly would contradict established twi teachings.

Regarding mindset of leadership? I do not make blanket accusations ... my view is leaders varied in many ways.. there were good ones and bad ones; good ones who sometimes acted bad and bad ones who sometimes acted good; .... but basically, a leaders mindset is determined by the individual making the decision in a particular instance.

...... of itself blatantly would contradict established TWI teachings.
PRECISELY

Which is why so many of us were so dumbfounded when we were met with the accusations, threats, bullying and smear campaigns when we did leave or try to leave.

And, I'm still waiting for a teaching given to PFAL grads , or any statement that said, you didn't lose those rights. I see you're still on PFAL ---could it be that you can't produce such a statement outside of PFAL because it doesn't exist????

Regarding mindset of leadership? I do not make blanket accusations ... my view is leaders varied in many ways.. there were good ones and bad ones; good ones who sometimes acted bad and bad ones who sometimes acted good; .... but basically, a leaders mindset is determined by the individual making the decision in a particular instance

And that begs the question, how can one be bad, act bad and claim "we are at that moment and forevermore righteous"

It is a spiritual impossibility to preform unrighteously and be righteous simultaneously.

That leaves only two other options

1) when behaving unrighteously leadership was no longer righteous which would "blatantly would contradict established TWI teachings" or

2) established teaching was correct in which case, leadership was never righteous, since they were performing unrighteously, which means THE SPIRIT OF GOD WAS NEVER BORN IN THEM.