GreaseSpot Cafe

$250,000 worth of pot uncovered

herbiejuan

Bowdon Police Chief Mark Brock was on routine patrol Saturday night when he came across a burglary in progress at a hair salon.

According to police, the suspects were after more than 200 pounds of marijuana being stored in a freezer chest at Crane and Co. Salon on Shirley Avenue in Bowdon. The pot had a street value of a quarter of a million dollars. The salon owner, Erica Evette Crane, 33, her brother Howard Bernard Crane, 20, and Kareem Lee Evans, 18, all of Carrollton, were arrested and charged with trafficking marijuana. West Georgia Drug Task Force Agent Mike Fritz said Erica Crane’s brother was apparently trying to steal the large amount of marijuana in his sister’s shop with the aid of Evans.

I asked Mark if he needed any help recounting the pot, he chuckled, I guess that was a no ;)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The salon was across the street from the chiefs' restaurant The Southern Lady and within spitting distance of the police dept. I do remember (fondly) those four finger lids going for 5-10$ ahh those were the dayz

Lord Lord Lord...we made it to the national news

ROFLMAO!!!!

Edited by herbiejuan

Anybody ever play Feds and Heads? It was a board game based very loosely on the game LIFE. It came in an issue of Playboy.

My ex wrote them in the later 70's requesting a copy and when they sent it he laminated all the pieces and glued the paper gameboard to a piece of plywood. It was a hoot. It had the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers (I think that's who those truckin dudes is are right dmille?).

Some mighty wild stories got told during that game. :spy:

Edited by bowtwi

Maybe you(s) were closer to the source - or maybe it was a "key" for $90 & not a lb, but I don't think so.

Let's see, if memory serves (& THAT'S iffy) it was the late 60's in Long Island - or maybe it was the early 70's.

But an ounce was $20, & a nickle bag was 1/4 of an ounce.

smokin.gif,

Edited by Thomas Heller

When I was in college, I heard that a quarter (1/4 oz) was $40 and that an ounce was $120. :spy:

Dime bags were really just a small handfull that would give you maybe two small or one fattie and nickle bags were unheard of. I never heard of a "key" or a "lid" either. But when people said they were going to "walk the dog" you knew to follow them.....

I also heard that those prices were the same through the early 90's. Of course, like the Toms, this is not first hand information. :wink2:

You see Belle... it's quite easy to tell how old you are by the prices you quote!

TH... proximity to the source (location,location,location)... I grew up in Fort Worth... so something coming from our neighbors to the south was much cheaper... the price that I quoted as "hearing" was also kind of a "Costco" price if you get my drift... but if you bought in normal "supermarket" quantities a pound would've been around $60...

...or so I've heard... back in the early 70's anyway...

Oh... and Belle... a "lid" is an ounce, a "key" is a kilogram... what is that TH? 2.2 lbs? (oh and an "LB" is a pound...)

Or so I heard....

:spy:

OMG!!!!! Somebody else who remembers the "Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers"!!!!!

Fat Freddy's cat always killed me! LMAO!!!!

I have no idea what the rest of y'all are talking about....

Hehehehe.

:dance:

I still have a copy of the "Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers" comic book. Absolutely love "Fat Freddies Cat".

Rollllanotheronemyfriend. :spy:

Edited by OnionEater

Here I sit not more than 90 miles from the boarder. Shoot I just back saturday from there.

The red neck comes out some times and I'll have a beer or a shoot of JD. Ya'll can keep all the pot, grass, weed, Mary-Jane, Loko Weed or what ever you want to call it.

I remember smoking some after twig and driving home. The tc was the one who gave it out. I was driving up the Gulf Freeway and remember waking up and seeing I was driving through a spped trap. Wow man were going through a spped trap and then I feel back asleep. Please remember that I was driving. After that you couldn't get me to touch it.

Today I'll stick with ice tea and DR Pepper. I like whats left of my mind.

Thanks for the edge-um-a-kay-shun, Tom.

In that case Costco-type lbs. would be around $600-$800 depending on where it came from....leastways, I *think* that's what I heard....

Young Belle, not "costco type pounds" but "costco like quantities"... bulk, volume, etc...

Or so I heard...

Yer right ex70's... when I think back upon all of the brain cells I lost to "mind expansion" and then couple that with the brain cells I lost to "spirit expansion" (TWI)... it's a wonder I can still function, though some claim otherwise... sheet... Ikooda won a Nobel prize or sumpin... Ikooda been a contender!