GreaseSpot Cafe

Cat farts

Ron G.

My dear old 20 lb. one eyed cat now thinks she's my lap cat. When I sit it at the computer, she leaps into my lap and purrs.

She ate a bad mouse or something last night and my nose hairs are already burnt. She must have laid a half dozen on me in the last few hours.

Nothing like a cat fart to sober you up. Only cat I ever had that farts. She likes me so she saves them up.

Worse than my old college roommate who drank Falstaff and lived on pickled eggs.

I could just break off a couple cigarette filters and stuff them in my nose, I suppose

She just 'blessed' me again. Once the gas rolled out she ran to the door to go outside.

Trust me, digested mouse does not smell good.

She keeps it up and I'm buying diapers and pouring Old Spice in them for her!

Does anyone else have this problem? What do you do about it?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is an old nurse tip: When you cannot get away from a smell, it can be helpful to keep something intensely flavored in your mouth - altoids, tic-tacs, etc.

Has worked well for me at times I wanted desperately to wear a mask - but thought it would be inconsiderate.

'Course, unless you have a smart and senstive cat, you could always wear a mask .

Have you tried ministering to your cat? Oh wait - you both have to believe - and it's obvious your attitude has gone downhill.

:biglaugh:

Edited by T-Bone

:biglaugh::biglaugh: ROFLMAO!!

Ron, have you tried lighting them? The farts that is. Maybe it won't do much for your cat (except scare the beejesus out of it :evildenk: , maybe send it zooming off like a bottle rocket), but you just might get a good laugh :biglaugh:

... or you could just cork it. ... the cat, that is.

I have 2 cats myself, and I think that, after they saw me type this, they ran off and hid.

729191412.jpg

:evilshades:

Ron

please do not shoot dear cat .

try calling 1-800-pet-med.

it is a valid company that deals with all types of meds for such issues .

they can send you a catalog, or you can order what you need over the phone.

you do need a VET , or a prescription to get any needed medicines at a reduced price.

honestly it is a valid number with a good company, we all use it here.

good luck .

kryssie is suffering as well

i never knew cats had gas. i know for dang sure dogs do

We have a 90 pound American Bulldog.

mvc-005f.jpg

Sweet isn't she? And the nicest 'little' doggie you could imagine...

BUT she farts all of the time! (well, quite often anyway)...

Some are SBD's... others (about half) are audible and sometimes last for 2 or 3 seconds!

I'm not kidding... but she is SWEET... though her 'fragrence' doesn't always match her disposition!

Some breeds of dogs are just more farty than others - usually bulldogs and terriers are the worst. I used to work as a vet tech assistant, and lemme tell you... some of the things you can smell but can't see are just the worse!

One way to cut down the emissions is to get them on a high protein diet - Purina makes some very good ones, that aren't terribly pricey. Age, obesity, and other factors will also contribute to 'output'... just as it does with humans.

Then there's always:

post-323-1143404016_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChasUFarley

Ron, you never cease to amuse me. :biglaugh:

Vixen never has gas. She's been on Eukanuba since she was a baby, though. She gets crystals in her urine when she eats the neighbors cat food, but other than that, she's pretty safe.

Doobie, my chow/golden retriever, now he was a different story. LOTS of gas! Smelly, sometimes very loud gas..... When I was dating I would usually fix a nice dinner for that special someone and invariably Doobie would crawl under my chair and procede to fart loud, smelly farts throughout the dinner. :blink: When I tried to explain/blame him for the awful smell and sounds coming from my general vicinity it was met with, "yeah, sure it's the dog" looks. <_<

I had to come up with a Plan B cause I could never teach him to fart on cue so I could prove it was him..... :redface2:

I run a spuri'ual clean home here. I would minster to her but I'm not putting my hands on anything that tiny that produces such vile effluances of this magnitude and proportion. She was once named Bonnie....of the pair called Bonnie and Clyde, but I found it necessary to rename them to be George and Gracie according to their personalities.

Gracie is a tiny cat. She is the smallest adult cat I have ever seen which multiplies the offending substances significantly.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Ron,

Pixie is also a tiny kitty. when she was a kitten she would get tired of her kitten food and eat the adult cat food for the other two I have. OMG! stank to HIGH HEAVEN. We started singing the "Smelly Cat" song to her.

Then we heard about giving her acidophilos tablets with her food. I worked! Just make sure you ween kitty off slowly when you are ready to stop - shold take a couple of weeks - or less if the mouse passes.

Also, make a tea of fenugreek and give it to your darling - in the water. fenugreek is an anti-flatulant.

Happy smelling!

Edited by doojable

I posted about 1800-pet-meds and I said you need to have a vet.

I forgot to put in the word NOT.

you do NOT need a vet script for their meds they have all types of handy things i buy the shed terminator for my cats through them it works great.

flea medicine,, just call them up and see what they have it is all prescribed by a dr. over the phone.

it is a free call.