GreaseSpot Cafe

PFAL: An Unorthodox Translation

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dooj

In order for someone to learn to be changed they would want to be changed, I do not want that.

CK

Now there is one helluva indictment if there ever was one. "I don't want to change".

<_<

QUOTE(ckmkeon @ May 30 2006, 09:08 PM) *

Dooj

In order for someone to learn to be changed they would want to be changed, I do not want that.

CK

CK -- it never hurts to *change*. I'm willing to bet that you are not the same person today, that you were 10, or 5, or even one year ago. Why?? -- because you have changed. It happens, and *status quo* in your life might stay somewhat the same, but changes are inevitable.

It happens to the best of us!! :biglaugh:

Seriously -- consider what you said, and then stack that up with Paul, or Peter, or others -- OK??

Paul could've decided *not to change* on the road to Damascus;

Peter could've decided not to change when given the vision to go to Cornelius;

Moses could've said *a burning bush -- so what??*;

David could've said *I screwed and murdered, therefore I am screwed*;

But they didn't -- they changed.

I shudder to think of what I thought of as true years ago, and have found out differently (these days).

If you want to hang on to docvic's teachings, so be it.

But don't think of change as a bad thing.

Life is a learning experience, and there are many teachers.

Here's hoping you find some of them. :)

Besides, I wasn't telling you to stop believing what you believe. I was telling you to learn how to communicate those beliefs more effectively. There is a verse in Timothy that tells us to be ready always to give an answer of the hope that is within us.

People eventually stop listening if they can't understand what you are saying.

Yes, kmc, do tell. What do you think ck is right about? Please elaborate. Details would be nice. Because me, I think ck's posts demonstrate an utter lack of critical thinking skills, not too mention poor communication skills in general. I question his literacy, truth be told. Maybe you see something I don't, so please, enlighten me.

still on vacation just popped in to see how everyone is :wave: -having a wonderful time. :dance:

CK why do you post here???

Are you that bored that you must stir the pot simply to have some excitement in your life? It isn't your belief system that bothers me as much as the fact you contribute nothing substantive in explanation for why that system has value.

Swooping and hurlng darts at those who disagree with your premises simply to hurl darts does nothing to cause me to consider your viewpoint

Edited by templelady

I-I-I-I think that KMC is really ck with a new handle.

But that's just my opinion........ I could be wrong.

Anyway, I'm not going to waste anymore time arguing with a person who can't argue....Won't some of you join me in stimulating conversation and not in this one?

God first

Beloved KMC

God loves you my dear friend

I welcome you too the board and I hope its ok but I do not believe Jesus the Christ will be reading from any book when he comes back

I believe Jesus Christ will be singing a song to God

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

That when Jesus returns, he will be reading from the PFAL Books. That is what my opinions is and my name is kmc it is sure nice to meet everyone here.

KMC

That's sure interesting kmc, on what do you base this opinion? Surely you don't see anything in the bible to support that, do you? And certainly the PFAL book doesn't mention that, does it? Can you expand upon your opinion?

And kmc, you sure are good at keeping the threads of conversation straight. ck mentioned Jesus reading out of the PFAL book a page or so back. The last several things he referred to were Greasy Tech's surveillance of him, and an argument about arguing; how one shouldn't argue with a fool. It's amazing how a new poster like yourself could keep that straight.

Hello KMC,

Now is that Mr. or Mrs KMC? And what does KMC stand for if you don't mind my asking? CK just posted to you introducing himself. Seems kinda' odd that you wouldn't know each other what with your having similar beliefs and all. You know.. criticisms against VPW were (among others) that he stole his 'research' material, plagurized many other authors and out and out lied about God showing him miracles signs and wonders.

Have you heard those accusations? That Wierwille was a liar and pretended to be something he was not? If so would you agree that anyone pretending to be something they were not was a liar? And not one to be listened to or trusted??

sudo

Who do I talk to about resigning from this group, I thought this was a positive group toward PFAL and Dr.Wierwille. Oh well I won't come back.

Casey

Awww, come on ckmckmckmc, don't leave yet. You still haven't told us about the time you read my web site and found it biased in favor of my website!

... I thought this was a positive group toward PFAL and Dr.Wierwille.

puke.gif ........ Damnit!! ... Now I gotta wipe off all this coffee I got all over my computer screen!!

:redface:

Edited by GarthP2000