GreaseSpot Cafe

manifestations

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I faked it. I really tried to do it right, but never "got it", so I just practiced saying what I'd heard a million and one times before in everyone else's manifestations. Ever notice how they were always the same few messages? The language was just as sophisticated as the person's vocabulary, but the message was always the same....

LOL! On the way to meetings, I'd rehearse in my head what I would say if I was called on. :who_me:

I faked it. ...

LOL! On the way to meetings, I'd rehearse in my head what I would say if I was called on. :who_me:

I wouldn't fake it for at least the one simple reason, that I wouldn't be able to prove to *myself* that it was real, let alone anyone else.

I am "agnostic" concerning the manefestations as taught in TWI. My suspicion is that this is not the real deal.

Especially concerning the "worship manifestations" of interpretation of tongues and prophecy.

I remember a WOW that would say the same the same tongue schpeel each time. But the interpretation would change each time. Didnt seem right.

Interpretation and prophecy seemed more like a mockery or parroting of what we had been hearing already in others interpretations and prophecy. "My Little Children. This is GAWD talking to ya .. yada yada yada."

My best guess is that interpretation and prophecy was just learned behavior. Folks learned some scripture, some PFAL, and learned from hearing others "prophecy" in meetings and fellowships. Then after an appropriate indoctrination time we were allow to do it in meetings. We simply mentally recalled what we had learned and and said it out loud. It many times amounted to a "my little children" maybe followed by some paraphrased scripture or TWI principle, mixed along with some Wayisms. After about a year or so, I saw nothing really special about it - nothing that I couldn't get from reading my Bible, especially since sometimes folks were getting corrected by leaders for the content being wrong.ie "Gawd would never say that" ( as if they would know). So, it was only "real" prophecy if it lined up with TWI's doctrines and teachings.

Edited by Goey

I had experienced the real thing years before.

So when the TWI version came along--It just didn't measure up in any way.

My big thing was making it as short as possible with as broad a focus as possible. You know "My children, God loves you , Hold fast to the Word and all will be well"

I had several stock ones I'd memorized just in case I was called on

is SIT -yeah

was it real for me in TWI -not hardly

Did I fake it in TWI -sure did

I took the class seperate from pfal.

i was awful , nervous hating it , and not wanting in the least to do it .

we had a circle my turn came , iwas so nervous.. they said i did it.

i do not know what they think id did.

then i would pray and i mean pray NOT to be called on for them.

when i was first in the bl asked me to do it and i straight up told him "no"

he said what? I said "no and sat down.

he never asked me again.

i made it very clear i never wanted to do it and was not called on again after that.

at one point they asked who wanted to do them and people would just stand up and they would call on them.

I never stood up, i never faked it.

i just didnt do it except for that one time.

they did try to teach me i admited to them i didnt want to so they gave up.

that being said..

i have heard things said that were at the time blowing my mind .

but then again i was in a cult. so consider the source

I never rehearsed either. I was never that uptight about it. I did the lachanta then spoke what I,ME, MYSELF would think of. I NEVER EVER got anything "BIG TIME" out of what I or heard others said. Yes it was supposed to be a comfort message but why call on 3 to get the same thing. I do believe that sit with interp. is real but not in twi. Just to much of the same dang thing.

As it turned out I almost tuned out that. It was so boring.

My best guess is that interpretation and prophecy was just learned behavior. Folks learned some scripture, some PFAL, and learned from hearing others "prophecy" in meetings and fellowships. Then after an appropriate indoctrination time we were allow to do it in meetings. We simply mentally recalled what we had learned and and said it out loud. It many times amounted to a "my little children" maybe followed by some paraphrased scripture or TWI principle, mixed along with some Wayisms. After about a year or so, I saw nothing really special about it - nothing that I couldn't get from reading my Bible, especially since sometimes folks were getting corrected by leaders for the content being wrong.ie "Gawd would never say that" ( as if they would know). So, it was only "real" prophecy if it lined up with TWI's doctrines and teachings.

I agree. I faked it, but not on purpose. I think it really was a learned behavior. Looking back, it was total crap IMHO. My favorite starting line was "I have called you to this time and this hour to be strong for me......" Sound familiar? Make you wanna puke? I do.....excuse me now.

I think twi missed it totally on all 9 of the manifestations...

Did I fake it?...No I didn't. I spoke "without reference" to what I was saying...BUT, that doesn't mean jack squat...I won't pretend to be a pyschologist but it's not a far stretch to understand how a person can speak in sentences without thinking about what they are saying...(I hear it all the time in the local tavern :biglaugh: )...

...If you look at the book of Acts, NOBODY ever went through a class to teach them how to do it. In fact, those early Christians didn't even have the new testament to study...Whatever happened on the day of Pentecost was not the same thing that happened in session 12 when grifter Vic "led us" into tongues.

As far as the "revelation mannies"...first thought? Gimmee a freakin' break! Receiving so-called "revelation" was the source of untold f* ckups throughout the history of twi. Miracles?...what? finding a parking spot at the mall? :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Twi felt obligated to come up with a formula for the manifestations...If these things DO exist, twi never understood anything about them...at all.

No...myself and others I know never did/do 'fake it' !

We just push past the fear of looking stupid, sounding silly, and let go and let God.

Just another way ( excuse the pun ) of evidencing God is REAL !!

I've heard many people in TWI who claimed to be "fluent at SIT with interpretation"

and they were always rarin' to go when it came time for the mannies. Aside from

their rabid desire to jump at the chance to "manifest" I can't say that what I heard in

their "tongue" or their "interpretation" was that different from those of anyone else.

Sure. when people first started with SIT they would stammer a bit and perhaps

speak in a low voice but after hanging out with those who were bolder . they usually

upped the volume and would usually start sounding more like others in their Twig.

And if you floated around to different Twigs in different areas you might hear some

variation but I noticed that withing a given Twig , the sound of the tongue and the

resulting interpretations would become homogenized. Its like each Twig had its own

"signature" tongues sound.

Yeah,

I think everybody's stated it pretty well now.

Do I think lots of people "faked" their interpretation or prophecy? Well, I'm pretty sure most of them thought it was the real deal. Just like some people think that the cursor on a Ouija Board moves by itself, or that maybe they have the ability to "read" minds, or "minister" healing, or any other of a litany of woo-woo crap.

Sorry, it was a joke. And the joke was on us...

Seems to me that if they had been real....God would have been telling us to get the heck outta there :(

In 15 years....it always seemed like the same old same old...I am God you are my dearly beloved children...stand fast on my word.....I did it because that was what was expected of me....never saw what was so all fired great about it.....I was always uncomfortable when new folks were around because it always felt so cheesey.

It makes sense though, if wierwille was not a genuine minister... I guess that manifestations as he understood and taught them would not be genuine either.....a clever counterfit, I suppose

Gee let's see...

My dear children look steadfastly at....

Stand my dear ones and be at peace...

Be strong and very courageous, for your God is...

Have no fear for I the Lord your God have...

Continue my dear ones in the truth you have learned...

Bask in the riches of the Word my little children...

You are my faithful sons, the true believers in this wicked world...

I your heavenly Father have given you...

Guess I could just keep going... but, looking at Acts 2:11 it says:

we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God

J*hn Ly_n's group we heard another 'way' of doing tongues... people were taught to emphasize the wonderful works of God...

SO... people are using their minds to change the message... makes me wonder... Pentecost didn't sound like an orderly meeting... people weren't being called on to manifest...

Something has been missed somewhere... The control in TWI is frightening~ (sort of like the Roman Catholics in Luther's time...?)

real or not? i don't know.

but i DO know that it would drive me crazy with interpretation and prophecy that everyone used that almost king jamesy brand of english. i guess that's how we thought god talked. i used to try to get people to speak naturally (remember, "i hollered and i hollered?")--but if you ever heard someone REALLY speak in their own vernacular, you'd think "well, that can't be right."

I didn't fake it, but many of the same things you guys bring up bothered me as well. "Excellor's sessions"...WTF??? At the time I just put those thoughts up on that "guess I'm not spirutual enough to understand" shelf.

Sometimes I still SIT when I pray for people because I figure it's not hurting anything. But "believer's meetings"...don't miss those one bit. I never did like getting called on, and hearing the same old "My children know that I have called you to a great and mighty purpose..." was so...repetative.

We sure thought we were special, didn't we?

I didn't fake it, but many of the same things you guys bring up bothered me as well. "Excellor's sessions"...WTF??? At the time I just put those thoughts up on that "guess I'm not spirutual enough to understand" shelf.

speaking of which why weren't there excellor sessions at the advanced class ? Has anyone ever attended an advanced class at which there were excellor sessions ? Seems to me that given the special treatment and preparations for the advanced class that they would have left absolutely nothing to chance and would have planned down to the smallest detail information on how to operate the other six manifestations. They sure looked at all verses and details relating to the worship manifestations but for getting revelation they didn't have a cookbook or recipes for operating ,for example, the maninfestation of healing. Perhaps they didn't know how to operate it which is why they didn't have specific instructions or excellor sessions. Seems to me that the only they paid much attention to was the "discerning of spirits" which they went completely overboard with - but even then it wasn't codified.

speaking of which why weren't there excellor sessions at the advanced class ? Has anyone ever attended an advanced class at which there were excellor sessions ? Seems to me that given the special treatment and preparations for the advanced class that they would have left absolutely nothing to chance and would have planned down to the smallest detail information on how to operate the other six manifestations.

Hmmmmmmmm!!! :blink:

ROFLMAO!! Diazbro, I think you may be on to something there.....

Excellor sessions this morning will center on Word of Wisdom - we will all take turns operating this manifestation.

After Lunch Excellor Sessions will be devoted to Healing - please remember to bring your assigned lame person to the session so that you can heal them during the session.

After which we will check to make sure everyone has their snacks that they prepared all year to bring to the class.

After which we will check to make sure everyone has their snacks that they prepared all year to bring to the class.

That in itself took Word of Knowledge (what to prepare ahead of time) --

and Word of Wisdom (how to correctly apply/ eat)

what you learned from W.O.K. :biglaugh: :unsure: :biglaugh:

It is evident that TWI didn't know anything about the other 6 manifestations, let alone all the hype about the impartation manifestations.

So many people *shouldn't* have to fake it or wing it our of fear or being unlearned......this is sad.

Although I clearly admit to faking it, until I learned different.

Take healing for instance. If we are properly taught, then what would stop us?

Properly, meaning, to the point that we can heal and see it in action, see someone healed.

I spent nearly 20 yrs. in TWI - faithfully mind you - and never learned a thing about healing someone or getting healed.

Last December I spent the month working the healing manifestation and saw more deliverance and delivered more than I did in the 20 yrs. with TWI.

It's very simple......if someone doesn't know anything about the subject, how can they teach it?