GreaseSpot Cafe

Posting On Greasespot

outofdafog

Cute picture.

It tells an interesting story - especially as how it may or may not relate to Greasepot.

But I need some "clarification" ...... It could be perceived that this picture was posted in an clever attempt to portray the majority of GS'rs as viscious dogs, eager and ready to pounce on a cute little innocent diddy dat ( new poster or someone whose opinion is not among the majority).

Is this picture post "throwing rocks" at the evil viscious dogs of Greasespot, or is is just simply humor?

Maybe the kitty is needlessly worried and is only imagining that it is walking through the valley of the shadow of death (where the dogs lie in wait to do evil.) -- Maybe the dogs aren't really evil, and just want to play with the cute lilttle diddy dat?

Just for fun ....... :rolleyes:

I sent that picture to another poster months ago to express how I felt about sticking my toe in water. I knew it was time to stop lurking, but boy was I scared!

"Maybe the dogs aren't really evil, and just want to play with the cute lilttle diddy dat?"

I think that may be accurate. :biglaugh:

I sent that picture to another poster months ago to express how I felt about sticking my toe in water. I knew it was time to stop lurking, but boy was I scared!

"Maybe the dogs aren't really evil, and just want to play with the cute lilttle diddy dat?"

most are kiddy cats at times, and big dawgs at others :) Woof Edited by rhino

heck toppie... nothing to be scared about... look how peaceful and 'calm-submissive' those doggies are... at least that's the way I took the picture... is that how you meant it outofdafog? ...all those doggies are just lined up making sure that the poor little kitty makes it's way safely to where it's going...

Well I guess I don't have to ask what you meant by those statements Goey....pretty obvious.....sarcasm

If the shoe fits, wear it, if it doesn't, don't try to squeeze your foot into it..........

You have just proved my point

I just posted the pic..........that maybe we could all laugh at ourselves a little.......bring a little humor into otherwise pretty intense threads lately.......and I was thinking that anybody could feel like the cat somedays.....

Edited by outofdafog

OR, those little doggies could be members of a brainwashing cult and they're afraid of that kitty cat because that kitty can go whereever he pleases so he must be possessed with devil spirits. Those doggies could be paralyzed with fear. Afraid of those devil spirits jumping off the kitty onto them. :evilshades:

Drink as much kool-aid as those doggies might have and you, too, won't have the energy or resolve to do anything about a little kitty cat either. ;)

Well I guess I don't have to ask what you meant by those statements Goey....pretty obvious.....sarcasm

If the shoe fits, wear it, if it doesn't, don't try to squeeze your foot into it..........

Now now Foggy, lets not start throwing rocks .....

Didn't I say "just for fun ?" ...

I know what you are trying to do Goey - just to goad me......your further sarcasm just proves my point all the more......I haven't tried to be nasty or to insult anyone here.........just trying to understand........but if you can't take that as my heart and intention, then you can't.........I don't know why, because I have never even approached you on a thread or spoken to you for that matter......I always thought your points were very valid and well thought out on your part.......

as far as "if the shoe fits" , that is just an old saying that speaks alot of truth and wisdom to me - kind of along the lines of what we were talking about.........funny things about those old sayings, most of them I found to be true as I age.......

again the pic...........an all inclusive way that probably everyone at some point feels when they wade into some of the threads....not directed at any person in particular.........just something to make us laugh at ourselves a little.........

lol - and isn't that just the most beautiful example for how easy it is for any one of us to misunderstand someone else. And how easy it could be to clear up that misunderstanding if it was so desired.

:biglaugh:

I didn't find the post offensive, fwiw. Though for the life of me, that kitty cat looks to me more like a duck.

Edited by Abigail

I know what you are trying to do Goey - just to goad me......your further sarcasm just proves my point all the more......I haven't tried to be nasty or to insult anyone here.........just trying to understand........but if you can't take that as my heart and intention, then you can't.........

Foggy,

Goad you? -- And you know that ? --- And without asking me for clarification of what I may or may not have meant with my "sarcasm" ?

I was playfully asking for "clarification" of your post. My rock throwing comment was to show how silly such "rock throwing" "accusations" are. I am playing with the terms "rock throwing" - "clarification" and "accuse".

In light of the recent introspect related to miscommunications here at GS, resulting in "accusations" of "throwing rocks" and other such things, my post was done tongue-in-cheek to show how certain things (like the picture you posted) "could" be taken in a way not necessarily intended.

Sorry you didn't appreciate my "sarcasm" ... I should have been more clear ....

:)

Edited by Goey

I was playfully asking for "clarification" of your post. My rock throwing comment was to show how silly such "rock throwing" "accusations" are. I am playing with the terms "rock throwing" - "clarification" and "accuse".

In light of the recent introspect related to miscommunications here at GS, resulting in "accusations" of "throwing rocks" and other such things, my post was done tongue-in-cheek to show how certain things (like the picture you posted) "could" be taken in a way not necessarily intended.

Goey you dawg ...lol

Edited by rhino