GreaseSpot Cafe

The Ubiquitously Hidden Teaching of VPW

Mike

Thanks Karmicdebt. I e-mailed him.

Over on Schwaigers? ?Predestination? thread I mentioned something that has pertinence here. In I Corinthians 13, where it mentions that when that which is perfect is come ... we will know even as we are known.

The way we know now is 5-senses (mostly).

The way God knows us is spiritually.

The way we WILL know is as He know us, which is SPIRITUALLY, not physically. Oh yes, I?m sure He knows the physical details of us, but He?s not limited to that, and that?s not how He REALLY knows us.

For years I thought that our knowing would change by degrees or intensity or quantity. It now appears that a much more dramatic change would be the quality transition from 5-senses understanding to spiritual understanding. This quality change would also imply NO LACK.

To know as God knows is to know spiritually.

Five senses knowledge of God is approximate, untrue, and cannot sustain us. It IS a necessary step in learning, but it?s also necessary to not stop at this level when the spiritual knowledge and understanding are made available. They have been made available in mastering the PFAL books.

Soon I want to go into how spiritual understanding occurs. Sure, it can be abbreviated into something along the lines of ?Ask God? but in want to get deeper into the nuts and bolts of HOW. The books are here that teach us, as we master them, this spiritual perspective to know (spiritually)even as we are known (spiritually). Developing spiritual understanding is what we can expect from mastering the books, but I also want to get into WHY this is the case.

Also over on Schwaigers? ?Predestination? thread I mentioned that sometimes this thread feels like driving an battleship in a bathtub, and that I may let it thread sink down the chart under it's own weight, and start a Part Two or something for the material I still want to get into, and to resume my backlog there. That?s why I'm adding this part by the editing process so that I won't bring this thread up to the top.

THIS IS THE PLANNED END OF THIS THREAD.

A CONTINUATION OF THIS TOPIC, UNDER A DIFFERENT NAME OF "The Spiritually Divine over the Naturally Factual" CAN BE FOUND AT

http://www.gscafe.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc...4083#3216084083

PLEASE GO THERE TO POST ON THIS TOPIC SO THIS THREAD CAN BE RETIRED.

THANK YOU.

[This message was edited by Mike on July 24, 2003 at 23:09.]

Mike,

I find it arrogant on your part to think you can run your little show on someone else's website. Don't tell me where I can or cannot post, as that is Paw's job, not yours. Don't tell us how to post on your threads, either, because we will post as we see fit. Too bad if it doesn't fit with your agenda.

In the interest of being read, I have responded to your last "hidden post" from this thread on your new thread. In my own way.

Shaz

A) Yes, this is not Mike's show. We can post

anywhere we want, keeping in mind the next item.

B) Yes, this is PAWTUCKET's site. Mike is

using bandwidth and memory Paw is PAYING FOR

to compensate for his own refusal to make his

own website and messageboard.

C) So long as Mike continues to push his

contraBiblical doctrine on the GSC, people will

show up on the threads no matter WHERE they are.

D) Yes, I'll do a "Cliff Notes" on the new stuff

once I catch up to it. People avoiding his

threads to avoid full exposure can keep up on

those.

Wordwolf wrote:

"Yes, this is PAWTUCKET's site. Mike is

using bandwidth and memory Paw is PAYING FOR

to compensate for his own refusal to make his

own website and messageboard."

Interesting point, I wonder about the ethics of using someone elses expenses to further ones agenda.

Of course if God is telling me to do it then everyone elses idea of ethics is irrelevant.

Chapter & verse please...

Good one Rafael.

The reason I started Part Two is because it seemed that some people were unhappy about this thread's huge size. I thought this to be an unnecessary irritation TO THEM, and that it could be easily eliminated. I was doing it for those few who did overtly complain about the size, and for those may have felt the same but didn?t say so.

Several times I mentioned this idea of a Part Two, but no one said yeah or nay at the time. If you more recent posters want me to maintain this monster sized thread as a status symbol I may comply.

I don't know about thread sizes (after starting "The," who am I to complain about thread sizes?).

But I'll say this: This thread is not about the topic in its title. It's about your overall thesis. That's my observation, anyway. The things that are discussed here are not about the Spiritual/Natural dichotomy and its implications. They're about whether PFAL and the collaterals have replaced the Bible as The Word of God.

So if "Part Two" stays on topic, and this one continues to be about its evolved topic, then having two threads will make sense.

Based on what I've read of the other thread so far, you're already in danger of losing that fight.

Mike, you never did answer my question. Will you answer it now?

From JesseJoe to Mike way back when:

quote:
You have said that we are now in a new administration. If that is true, do you believe our salvation now hinges on believing your presentation about VP and PFAL?

Jesse

Hi Ginger! I was pretty used to rough treatment before I came here. The atmosphere here actually seems to be lightening in recent weeks so I?m very happy.

I hope I used the word ?actually? properly there. I?ve actually noticed that that word is nowadays actually used to actually season every other word and phrase with actually no proper meaning.

Don?t worry Exy. It?s easy to see your heart. I do have bit of a challenge seeing through the rhetoric and into the hearts of a few others here, but yours is easy. If I expect you to grow big enough to overlook the sins of another, how could I not aspire to the same bigness and overlook some undeleted expletives ? Your ability to handle the startling message I?ve come here to GS with is an example to others in our family.

Hey! Wait a darn minute here! I?m still ubiquitously posting on this thread.

This thread is like the ending of ?Terminator I? and keeps getting up and running after repeated shutdowns.

This freight train refuses to stop!

It's momentum is momentous.

I wonder if the software designers ever envisioned a three digit page number for threads.

What happens when we hit 100?

Will it stick at 99? Or reset to zero?

Or will it simply overwrite earlier pages like page 103 replacing page 3?

Or will we all fall into a black hole and gain sudden insights into the meaning of infinity?

Actually, Mike, most journalists have the same problem with the word basically, which is basically overused and basically can be eliminated from any sentence without altering the basic meaning of the sentence.