GreaseSpot Cafe

was weirwille an imbecile?

sprawled out

:evilshades: he was pretty smart, if ya got the message, ya got the $$$$$$$$ bucks, smackers, let's face it; RELIGION SELLS!! BIG BUCKS!!! being a CEO for ABDICK is to chancey, if ya can't move THEIR products your OUT!!! somethings in religion can be hard to prove, right or wrong...evidence is scanty, or been destroy already by the Roman Catholic Church... good business to get into, but ya gotta be smart and devious...or just devious....Ha! Ha!

it was just a play on words: apostle/imbecile. (they don't look alike, but they sound alike!)

sorry--just making light of the apostle discussion. (haha! apostle! light! get it?)

Groaaaaannnnnn!!! :biglaugh::dance::biglaugh:

(I may be slow -- but if explained coyrectally -- I'll get it eventually!) :spy:

Actually, the cornfield preacher was pretty smart. I've heard a lot of criticism towards him, but stupid isn't one of them. Most successful con men are smart...He understood human nature to the extent that he convinced a lot of folks that he was an "apostle" and then shook them down for their money and talked a lot of girls into the back of the motorcoach...an imbecile wouldn't be able to pull that off.

He got over on a lot of very bright people...Of course, at this point, if you are still falling for his con, (after spending some time at the Grease Spot Cafe), then YOU may be an imbecile.

Edited by GrouchoMarxJr

yes, yes, he had to be savvy. and WE were the foolish ones.

BUT...IT..WAS...A....JOKE!! :biglaugh:

if i could've come up with a better play on "apostle," i would have. but "imbecile" sounded right, and it was derogatory. so i went for it. maybe i should've stuck with another word that, like apostle, also has an "a" and an "s" (two of 'em!) and an "o," "l" and "e." but i thought that'd be too much of a stretch.

hey! so maybe i'm the imbecile!

(very topical reply, jim. nicely done!)