GreaseSpot Cafe

I went to an Esher exibit this weekend

Jim

Jim, you didn't get me possessed, but you gave me one H E L L of a flashback!!

I used to sell Escher prints for a poster wholesaler back in the late 60s. I think he was brilliant, but some of his stuff gives me a headache! :confused:

For example:

escher-in-lego-1.jpg

Edited by Linda Z

M.C. Escher - I teach kids how to do "tesselations" in my drawing classes. many of the pieces where a group of things "morph" into a group of other things started out as tesselations.

In fact, I think that the post that Linda Z just did was inspired by the concept.

I love Escher! My favorite is the one where the birds turn into fish. The one where he's holding a mirrored ball is cool too. In fact, I don't think I ever saw an Escher print that I didn't like. I just wish I knew the titles of his work.

But seriously, did the ministry think you could get possesed from looking at his art? Was anything safe?

I really like Escher. I never heard anything particularly negative about his work while in TWI, but then I might not have been paying attention.

I had a tendency to zone out when somebody got off on something really stupid. Maybe that was possesion...the adversary was putting me to sleep.

Quite frankly, I always ignored most of what TWI said regarding the visual arts. They had proven to me time and time again that most of the leadership didnt' know what they were talking about, so they tried to cover their ignorance with spiritual mumbo-jumbo.

Well, it is a little further than just down the road, unless you or the Dali museum have moved. Or maybe I'm confused. The Dali museum is wroth seeing. I actually like his photography better than his paintings. Hw can you beat throwing wet cats in the air and photographing them. :biglaugh:

The Esher exhibit would be nice to see too.

I really like Escher. I never heard anything particularly negative about his work while in TWI, but then I might not have been paying attention.

I had a tendency to zone out when somebody got off on something really stupid. Maybe that was possesion...the adversary was putting me to sleep.

Ron, you are too funny!

And thanks HAPe, for the link. I'm off to retemorize the names of his work.

The Esher painting of the multi-staircase was used in the Peter Davidson episode of Doctor Who.