GreaseSpot Cafe

Stupid Things Said During "Confrontation" Sessions

Oakspear

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best confrontation was with T*m and Ba(*bra La$$y.

I was heading out to in residense corps. I was going from NC to KS and a person was going to VA Beach. I helped her move there. She was to spend the first few nights at the T&m and Ba$bs till she was set up for housing.

We got up there and unpacked her stuff and just hung out a little while. I went to a motel and spent the night. I needed to head out early to head west. I stopped by their house to say good bye to my friend. It was about 7:00AM. My friend was up and we talked for about 10 min. I was heading out the door and there was T&m and B%rb.

They asked if they could talk with me. Sure I said. Well they proceeded to tell me how wrong I was to spend the night in their house and "bang" my friend. I told them I did not and that I stayed at a motel. They shot back and said I did stay in the house. I excused myself headed to my car and got my receipt. Slapped it T*ms hand and told both of them to kiss my arse and left. After that they were nice to me whenever I saw them. I was probably one of the few that got to get them to shut their pie holes.

I had not heard about what kind of people they were until later. I had know idea who I was dealing with.

quote:
No apology though, and later an explanation that if I had been spiritually sharp I would have showed up earlier and caught the problem myself!

Oak, this is the exact same thing that happened to me/us on numerous occasions. The final big "confrontation" we had was a result of my being fed up with getting conflicting information or not getting any information at all. We had talked to our hfc about her problem many times and it was a joke in the fellowship because everyone knew that she gave 10 different people 10 different responsibilities and all 10 would overlap or contradict the others in some way. It was extremely annoying but not anything we felt should "go before the church" kind of thing.

Apparently we were wrong. The day I was so fed up with her communication problem, I spent the day handling the problem in spite of plans that my ex and I had already had planned for a while. I left a rather nasty message on her machine about having taken care of the problem. Then later we were called to the bc's apartment to face a confrontation with the hfc and the bc's. My ex never said a word even though he was as peeved as I was and he knew that we were right and had done nothing wrong save being the ones to bring HER to a confrontation like this.

I stood up for us and defended ourselves to no avail. It was OUR FAULT for not anticipating these things and acting on them. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> We weren't being good assistant coordinators because we weren't seeing the big picture and deflecting things for our hfc. The hfc was about to go into wc training, so it couldn't possibly be anything SHE did wrong, now could it? Apparently not.

That was probably the straw that broke the camel's back with me. The extreme favoritism, the justification of the hfc's actions and turning the whole problem around on us.....it defied logic!! The good part was that they "relieved" us from being assistant coordinators which we had been asking for, for the previous two years!

quote:
Originally posted by A la prochaine:

OK,

Talking about LCM and his so called football career, I remember being told that at one point LCM broke his leg during a game but played the rest of the game with a broken leg.

Is this true?

Then again it may have been that kick from the cheerleader that he tried to grope on the sidelines that did it.

so apparently, all T & B had on the brain was that anyone, given the opportunity, was banging anybody and everybody... wonder where they got that info...B bein' one of them 4th kork gals and all...she was distinctly one of the "I'd take a bullet fer vic" types.., oh yeah...

A few notes about things said in this forum.

The Athletes of the Spirit Production. I saw the production. I politely clapped along with everyone else. When asked what I thought, I politely said it was good. Yet, inside I felt numb. Yeah, most of the production was good. Yet, I really felt numb. It didn't seem to have that certainly quality that most Way events had. Later, after I left in '87, John Lynn and John Schoenheit pointed out that the production portrayed Craig Martindale as the hero, not God and Jesus Christ. Jesus is the one who defeats the devil, not LCM. OMG, I couldn't believe I was so ignorant of that simple fact, Jesus Christ must be the star of every show, not the MOGFOT.

When I was in the DC, our BC told us that when PFAL classes were run, it was "best" that people sitting in on the class again should be there for the very beginning of the class so as to not distract the new students. When I went to Denver, the BC thought that even if a person had to work later so as to not be able to attend the whole class session, it was "best" the a person be able to hear any part of the class they could. So, 2 different BC's, both Corps grads, had 2 different ideas of what was "best". 1 of them focused solely on the new students and 1 of them focused on everyone that wanted to attend the class.

"Reproof" from the Word is solely dealing with the Word, and people's right believing of it. Reproof was never supposed to extend to every little detail. And if people were more concerned about physical details than they were spiritual details, the spiritual details suffered. That's the biggest area that caused problems for LCM, the Corps, and thus, everyone that was supposed to follow LCM and other Corps grads. Most reproof was not reproof but abjunct criticism for not following a particular leader's idea of how something should be done. If reproof was solely based upon the Word and from the Word and dealing with the Word, most people who received neverending criticism would not feel as hurt as they have felt.

Take care,

David

LCM AND THE BROKEN LEG

he actually broke his foot in a HS basketball game. He said that his other leg was really sore after the game because he over compensated for the broken foot,

LCM was a good athlete imo, he was big but could move.

not a pro, but good.