GreaseSpot Cafe

Do you find churches do not have answers?

Dot Matrix

My point..

Get rid of your nouns.. Get into the verbs.. They are much more fun..

Instead of being called a prophet, prophecy..

Instead of being called an evangelist, get out there and share the wonderous message.

Instead of being called a pastor, get out there and help heal and feed the people.

Instead of being called a church, become the living organism called the Body of Christ.

Instead of being called a believer, learn how to trust God more and more in your life every day.

Instead of being called a Bishop (episkopos), get busy watching and caring for peoples lives as if they were your own.

And Instead of being called a Christian, get busy living as Christ showed. Who loved the "church" so much, that he was willing to give his very life protecting, caring, and saving it.

I guess it is the verbs that I have been looking for --

Once when I was in California, I told God to send me someone with whom I could talk about the Bible and get exited.

Well, the next day two guys were walking through the apartment complex yelling my first and last name, saying where is Dot Matrix? Blaa Blaa, looking for Dot Matrix.

I yelled I am in here or something along those lines. I had had foot surgery and sat with my foot up.

I forgot my prayer.

The guys told me they were there to talk to me about God and the word of God.

And I said, "I used to do what you are doing. I loved it but I am not interested in talking right now." Or words to that effect.

When they said they didn't want to bother me and turned to leave. I then recalled my prayer and hobbled to the door yelling, "wait come back!"

Anyway, they dissappeared. I mean vapor gone.

There was NO way for them to just dissappear. Had they been JW, which I feared they might be, they would have just gone to the next house. These people were angels.

It was exciting to know God sent angels. I apologized to God and to the angels. But it also shocked me that angels had been sent as if there weren't any people around to talk the way I longed to share and talk.

I long for people to really sing to God with. I long to share what God has done this week for us... I want to talk about him like he is an exciting best friend, whom I adore, and want to talk about all the cool reasons he is my best friend.

Now, here at the spot I have a handful of you all with whom I can share and I am so grateful. I just wish it wasn't always on a screen.

I miss people like Joe Gu*rini, the adventures I had with a believer named Eileen D*vies, Lynn M*rkle, Eddie F*sher, Pat D*vis and others.

Edited by Dot Matrix

BTW

I ran into the girl I had not seen in a long time at a strange plcae to SEE her. She said there was a new Pastor.

I went to the church which prompted the thread and ya know what?

It didn't feel as godly as I thought it was going to be -- running into the girl and all.

I thought that was my answer.

I know sing songs that aren't even directed towards God.. And that's called worship? Yeah.. Singing "I love to tell the story" is worship? Or "Standing on the Promises"! I once went through the ol' blue book, and only found one worship song.. Most churches I've been too don't usually sing the blue book ones though.. Contemporary songs.. I like a couple that are truly great worship songs for me.. As worship isn't an action, it's a hearts direction that is in every breath.. After the songs you got prayer.. I love prayer.. But most prayers in churches aren't from someone's heart to God, but rather another way for someone to get the topic of the service in the meetnig..

I don't do blue book songs much anymore. Here's one of my favorties to sing at church:

My Jesus, My Savior, Lord there is none like you!

All of my days, I long to praise, the wonders of your mighty love

My comfort, my shelter, tower of refuge and strength,

Let every breath, all that I am, never cease to worship you!

Shout to the Lord all the earth let us sing! Power and majesty praise to the King!

Mountains bow down, and the seas will roar at the sound of Your name!

I sing for Joy at the works of Your hands. Forever I’ll love you forever I’ll stand

Nothing compares to the promise I have in you!

It is truly a heart-felt song to sing. It does way more for me than reminding to "Stand on the Promises of God". :)

My handle says it all. I don't even attempt to waste my time listening to some air-head ignore figures of speach and teach pious pagan platitudes.

I have not actively sought out a church. I listen to a radio station with 24 hour sermons from church ministers from all over the country. Mainly, California and the East Coast.

When they misquote a passage or use the NAS or NKJV or other versions which hack the Bible to pieces, I typically sigh with disgust.

Granted, people are allowed in our country to worship as they please........ It simply pleases me not to worship with them. As a few others have mentioned, there is little or no meat. The offshoots are dry.

I went to an offshoot and it basically turned me off to manifestations and communion. I knew the leader very well. I knew his heart. His love for God and the Word was worth focusing on. But the rest of the fellowship were weak and uninformed and wouldn't read the Bible on their own. I felt like I was in an outlaying twig area where leadership had not visited in years.

I have arrived at the point where in spite of how much I love to teach, but won't waste my time with people who won't appreciate the detail.

Those ministers in the churches here in our great country will never be able to explain why God separated the continents, or allowed the earth to flood or destroyed the tower of Babal. When a church can handle that with some sort of accuracy, I will be interested in visiting.

Hey Dot!

I'm finding Churches differ to the same degree that people's personalities do. Those that seem to be on the right track, or a similar track as myself, are non-denominational.

I've found a place where the people have a closeness I've not seen in a LONG time. They do things together, help each other and have local outreach activities, with a goal of showing God's Love & Grace to others, no strings attached.

The Bible taught is thought provoking and healing, offering answers to many questions/situations.

I've even mentioned 'missing' the old familiar hymns... the modern singing/bands seem to have taken over most churches around here... and low & behold.. a few oldies but goodies were added to the next service :)

I think you have to try getting out of churches for a while to really see what is gong on with them. I am not saying they are wrong but couldn't God bless you just because you believe him. You could have good friends that you could share your love with just as much as in any church. You can get all the answers you need in a good circle of friends who love you and with the believers who share their lives in book form such as the one you mentioned.

My regards.