GreaseSpot Cafe

Turn your eyes upon Jesus

Twinky

Turn your eyes upon Jesus :unsure:

by Victor Paul Wierwille

Unknown Binding: 167 pages

Publisher: The Way in Great Britain (1990)

ISBN: 1870676351

Well, this is a new one for the collection.

Found it whilst having a rummage around in Amazon for something else.

How interesting that it wasn't published by American Christian Press...

Twinky, Chris Geer took some Way Magazine teachings or from SNS, or Way Corps, edited them and published 5 additional "colaterals" Studies in Abundant Living series and had them published in Great Britain under European Christian Press.

I seem to remember (very distantly) something about CG publishing a book that was "edited posthumously" by VPW.

I remember because Jo-n Re-nolds was outraged by it - I suspected at the time that it wasn't so much that JRR was outraged but someone else (possibly a someone whose initials include L and C and M). Never knew more than that, though.

I wonder how many copies sold? Does anyone claim having bought one? European believers?? Current CG fellowship group attenders??

The song lyrics and music "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" were written by Helen Howarth Lemmel on or around 1922.

A little background information (scroll down to about the middle of the page)

The lyrics are:

O soul, are you weary and troubled?

No light in the darkness you see?

There's a light for a look at the Saviour,

And life more abundant and free!

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,

Look full in His wonderful face,

And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,

In the light of His glory and grace.

Through death into life everlasting,

He passed, and we follow Him there;

Over us sin no more hath dominion,

For more than conquerors we are!

His Word shall not fail you He promised;

Believe Him, and all will be well:

Then go to a world that is dying,

His perfect salvation to tell!

I remember hearing this sung on one of the old Sunday Night Service tapes. I forget the name of the woman who was singing, but I remember Mr. Wierwille joined her on the last chorus. Maybe this was a favorite of his, and perhaps that's why Mr. Geer chose the title.

When I saw this...

"edited posthumously" by VPW
...I chuckled.

I get exactly what WG is saying. Obviously the articles weren't edited by VPW posthumously. That IS impossible.

Why do you say that? Lots of books are edited posthumously it's not that uncommon a google search would come up with 376,000 give or take a few.

Yes, but they aren't edited posthumously by the dead person who wrote them. See? :D

I remember hearing this sung on one of the old Sunday Night Service tapes. I forget the name of the woman who was singing, but I remember Mr. Wierwille joined her on the last chorus. Maybe this was a favorite of his, and perhaps that's why Mr. Geer chose the title.

In the 90's it was Debra Olthouse. Weird, I can still hear her singing that song! :blink:

Hey, I was just saying what Jo-hn Re-nolds had said to me, and his reaction to it. One of those red flag moments but you don't like to enquire further...

And as I said, I don't think JR was speaking of himself but echoing what had come down from L-M.

White Dove: sounds as though you actually have one or more of these books, is this

Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus

Victor Paul Wierwille

edited posthumously by

Christopher C. Geer

what it says in the flyleaf? which is, of course, completely accurate.

Waysider: LOL!

The Book cover reads

Victor Paul Wierwille

the inside page reads

Victor Paul Wierwille

edited posthumously by Christopher C. Geer

published by European Christian Press

The Way in Great Britain Ltd.

Dedication reads:

To the Household of The Way Corps

May We Rise Up, O men Of God

Jo-n Re-nolds was outraged because they were still in to much of a fog to think of it themselves.

Edited by WhiteDove

I think you meant vee pee sang the last chorus with Claudine Royal on a SNS . He wasn't around in the 90s.

The song lyrics and music "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" were written by Helen Howarth Lemmel on or around 1922.

A little background information (scroll down to about the middle of the page)

The lyrics are: