GreaseSpot Cafe

Texas BBQ recipes

doojable

Thanks dooj, the weather here has dropped like a rock and my mother is dealing with a cold. Just in time to make a double batch and send some over to mom and dad. Can't wait to taste it!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you have lots of real italian bread on hand

let me know how you like it

Please read that I added one more ingredient!!!!! the last one on the list...

Edited by doojable

No problem. My husbands Italian..... always have a lot of bread and pasta.

But I have never made homemade minestone!

Edited by Ca_dreaming

And minestrone - oh man, I have to try that too! This is great fun! I'm making Belle's chicken nachos picadillo tomorrow - we're eatin good now! :dance:

ONLY if you make MY recipes Bow - If you make RumRunner's well .....grab the bucket!

Seriously - I hope you enjoy everything posted - would love feedback.

But of course, dear dooj, of course I'll make your cheesecake too. I'm just more a NY cheesecake kind of girl, truth be told. Not that I can't enjoy and appreciate variety, cause I do... LOL

As long as the Lord continues to tarry, I'll have time to try em all! Woo hoo!!! :dance:

I wonder if we can have a whole forum for recipes...?

If not then I'll have to stop posting because no one else from the bbq is putting their recipes in - and I'd like a few of them.

Besides, this is too much fun!

I like an the idea of posting recipes.

As for the soup...it is cooking now and looks so delicious.

I had to call the neighbor for and extra pot and it is still filled to the brim and I do not have the pasta or beans in it yet. The thing about Italians you make a lot, you do not want to run out. I am sending the pot back over to the neighbor full and with bread to feed her family of nine, taking some to my parents w/ bread and feeding my family of five. Wow, the food that keeps on giving.

I had to go to be basement to get the big pot that I use when canning things in the fall. It is unbelievable how much this makes.

Okay Dooj....... The soup is awesome..and I could still feed my parents and us again. Or perhaps I'll can the rest. Yummy!!!!! Thank You.

Edited by Ca_dreaming

Once again, go ahead and make as many changes to this recipe as you like. Cooking is an art - and each cook brings his or her own intuition to the table.

Just be fair to the rest of us and post any winning combinations you might have.... :jump:

Hmmm...The title of his thread is Texas BBQ recipes...so where's the BBQ recipes?

I lived in Texas for 17 years and had some awesome BBQ!!!...and all I read here is Rumrunners rendition of graham crackers and cheeries out of a can...and I know he THINKS he can cook...but I know better. :biglaugh:

Groucho Hon,

The BBQ was an event. Mr Ex10 made some amazing brisket for the evening, but there was a lot more food and a few more meals.

I'll post how a native Texan taught me to make the best, melt in your mouth brisket you've ever eaten - hmmmmm that could mean war - maybe I'll just PM it to you instead.

ah yes doo cooking is indeed an art but baking is a science! i can cook most any thing and if i screw it up.. i can usually fix it BUT.. if you are baking and screw up it's gone!! i can't bake my way out of an oven!!! i think a reciepe would be a great asset to gsc! who will do it?

I could be useful i think as i was a cerified ex chef it would be fun

we all love different recipies

Cool chef

I bake strictly by the book and only make minor changes after I've learned how the recipe works.

All other cooking is open to improvisation and interpretation! I am known for being able to look at a recipe and tell if its good. I make it once at it is written, then I start changing stuff.

Almost went to CIA (Culinary Institute of America) but the kids wanted me to cook for them at home.....which I am still happy to do.

Hmmm...The title of his thread is Texas BBQ recipes...so where's the BBQ recipes?

I lived in Texas for 17 years and had some awesome BBQ!!!...and all I read here is Rumrunners rendition of graham crackers and cheeries out of a can...and I know he THINKS he can cook...but I know better. :biglaugh:

Groucho, can you remember any of your favorite BBQ joints when you lived in Texas? Little did I know in marrying Tonto that I would become a Texas-style BBQ fan! She knows her way around the BBQ-Belt! Matter of fact we got to be judges several years at an annual Central Texas BBQ Cook-Off.

…As far as Texas BBQ recipes go – I can't help you there - the briskets consumed Saturday night Tonto and I purchased from Hammer's BBQ [you'll have to talk to them about the recipe :biglaugh: ]. Since we brought two briskets - Ex10 told Tonto the briskets Mr. Ex10 purchased were going to be used for a future family gathering.

dooj i took a number of week long course at cia the one in ny.

great place but very costly about 600 for a week and you had to stay in a motel

now,most chefs that i know add kidney beans to minestrone

is that just a new england thing?

dooj please start a recepie forum!! :beer:

I would LOVE to Cool! But I'm not sure where we could put it.

Maybe we need to have several threads ..

main courses

soups

desserts

parties

cheesecake!

Subsitutions and various ingredient info

If we don't do it that way, only one thread can become so deep that it will be unusable.