GreaseSpot Cafe

Look on MySpace Group Before I'm Banned

Nato

Wow. I'm just really ticked off that even a year and a half later, this crap still consumes my thoughts. I think that's really why I fired off like that. I'm sick of it. 30 years of living with it was too much. Why can't I just completely forget about it?

I used to jokingly tell people I was in a cult. I think that was just one way I tried to deal with it. Now my coworkers are all like "Tell us about the cult, dude!" and I just don't even know what to say. They want to hear crazy stories and weirdness. I used to like getting it off my chest, but now I just get ....ed off about everything and it will spoil a night.

Anyone here go to a therapist at all about any of this stuff?

:biglaugh:

Well if they're banning you then they are probably going to ban me as well. I answered your post

I read Ezekiel for the first time in a long time the other day. Chapter after chapter of how screwed up everything was and how bad off the people were while they lived in lala land. Zeke didnt mince words either

It sort of reminded me of that.

Yeh they'll probably ban you, but its something that those kids need to hear passionately put in their own language.

Years ago I would have said the same thing (whether it was right or wrong) but unfortunately Im too old and too stale to get that wound up anymore and dnt go nearly as close to the edge as I should.

so you went over the edge---and its alittle rough --I still support what you said..and let them know it

just take it a little easier next time :biglaugh:

You posted while I was posting----

Your anger is genuine--for me GS was great therapy and it took awhile for me to unwind

There are others here that have been to cult therapists ( exit counsellors??) who have helped who may chime in....

meanwhile stick around here ...Its good medicine

Welcome to Grease Spot, Nato. Usually at this point I offer a newcomer a cup of Cappuccino – but I see from your MySpace post you’re pretty much as wired as you need to be. Can’t say that I blame yah…So…let’s dispense with the rest of the formalities – and here – a nice tall glass of long island ice tea – that should take the edge off of things…Stick around…you’re in good company now…this is a great place to work things out – and learn of new ways to cuss on line.

Hey, you learned the language well from LCM

(perhaps somebody should post that on the MySpace bit - I'm not going to).

Just so long as you haven't picked up his other habits...

Such a post here, aimed at general GS'ers, probably would remain (the profanity being filtered out) but only because there are a number of people who would love to put the person in their place.

Your post there is going to have the opposite effect you intend. Calling them in effect stupid would put anyone in defense mode, irregardless of TWI. It only serves to push them further towards TWI.

Whether what was said is right or wrong, the delivery method of the message no one deserves.

You might want to consider posting an apology on their site before the thread is deleted and your ID banned.

Edited by GreasyTech

Another thing to consider is that most of the people on that site are kids, high school and college.

Maybe I'm not "touchy-feely" enough, but I think you did fine Nato.

Regardless what you say to those kids, it won't make any difference. They've got to get to the place where they've had enough of the $%^t themselves before the brain will start operating again.

I know all the similar stuff I posted long ago on WayDale did me a world of good. It was great therapy, really.

I'm glad you had the chance to get a little of that off your chest.

geo.

I disagree George.

Calling some kids bitch (among other things) just because they were raised in TWI and haven't been able to figure out what has been shoved down their throat their whole lives is plain wrong.

Nato is attacking people who had nothing to do with what happened to him.

I did apologize for the language. It is their board and I forgot the audience probably has a lot of young followers.

I'm surprised that it generated any conversation at all. If it was my site, I would have deleted it for the language alone. I expected it gone by morning.

I'm sorry if I've offended the users here by my language there. I have much respect for you all.

I did apologize for the language. It is their board and I forgot the audience probably has a lot of young followers.

I'm surprised that it generated any conversation at all. If it was my site, I would have deleted it for the language alone. I expected it gone by morning.

I'm sorry if I've offended the users here by my language there. I have much respect for you all.

You're a good man Nate. :spy:

Ya did good by apologizing for the language Nate, but something tells me that those kids have probably heard worse... I doubt anyone in high school or college has virgin ears...

That being said...

I'm forecasting canned responses with buzz words like "available", "prevail", "righteous", and whatnot to come back at ya.... probably the same crap we woulda said if we were still in.

Wow. I'm just really ticked off that even a year and a half later, this crap still consumes my thoughts. I think that's really why I fired off like that. I'm sick of it. 30 years of living with it was too much. Why can't I just completely forget about it?

Nato, you really went off. If you want them to receive your reproff or instruction, you have to learn to make your point in a loving way. I defended you but not without some reproff.