GreaseSpot Cafe

Levels of vpw-adoration

skyrider

If GSC is any indication of the ex-twi community.....serving as a microcosmic indicator, there seems to be several levels of vpw-adoration.

On a scale of 1 to 10......1 being the top, vp-idolizing level and 10 correlating with a vp-huckster, con-man, and predatory plagairist (that's probably enough low-life narcisist behavioral patterns). :wink2:

And, based on words on Greasespot:

...1) Very few have consistently idolized vpw. (aka: lord vpw)

...2) Few would even fall into a level-2 ranking of vpw-adoration.

...3) Some vpw-apologists who swear by "the pfal class" might be included here.

...4) Some think vpw was a great teacher and his example didn't matter at all.

...5) Some like aspects of pfal and don't care that lots was plagairized.

...6) A few see twi's founder as having good intentions.

...7) A few think lazy vpw was searching for a gimick, a new slant.

...8) Vpw's inability to position good leaders where needed. Lack of skill / management.

...9) Vpw's depravity in drinking and abuse.

...10) Draw away disciples after himself........motorcoach unaccountability / private interpretation of the scriptures to set up his own little kingdom / narcisstic personality / etc.

None of these categories are inclusive in and of themselves. There are crossovers and blending of traits......but, IMO, there are levels of vpw-adoration.

When I exited twi almost nine years ago......I was deeply disgusted with twi's doctrine, the martindale mania, the micro-management of the corps (mostly) and a dozen other things. BUT..........I really hadn't put the pieces of the puzzle together concerning its founder, vpw. In so many ways, he was exempt from my critiquing of "things wrong in twi"..........UNTIL lots of us started comparing notes on waydale.

Some folks are still in the process of coming to terms with "vpw-adoration." (idolizing the man)

It does take time to untangle the web of deception.

Peace.

I see..

Well, I'm in the category that doesn't exist which is:

I really don't care! Never thought much of VPW when I was in, certainly don't care to think anything about him now.

But I think all that stems from the fact that he was dead when I was in TWI. So what difference did it make to me. THe PFAL was great and all, but not like wow really cool stuff! I got over the PFAL class meaning much of anything to me pretty quickly even when I was in..

I see..

Well, I'm in the category that doesn't exist which is:

I really don't care! Never thought much of VPW when I was in, certainly don't care to think anything about him now.

But I think all that stems from the fact that he was dead when I was in TWI. So what difference did it make to me. THe PFAL was great and all, but not like wow really cool stuff! I got over the PFAL class meaning much of anything to me pretty quickly even when I was in..

Thanks for your input, T&O........sounds like you're pretty much "middle of the road" type thinking. Like around 5).....liked some aspects of pfal.

Your post brings to mind the different perspectives of twi. Lots of background and reasonings for being involved with twi.......aren't there?

:wave:

skyrider,

Yeah... Sure.. I liked some aspects of pfal.. A very small minutia amount, you know the actual truth part which has to be weeded from the majority over arching man induced theology...

But apart from that.. Umm, Yeah!

I was in there to grow with God and help serve in God's ministry.

I found that A) I actually was dying in my relationship with God and B) I wasn't helping anyone but a man made business that some called a ministry.

OH well! So much for that!

I dunno a 7 and a 9…..

The choices maybe too limited or just worded too nicely for me to pick.

I think this is my 11th catagory:

VPW was a severe sexual deviant: Not caring whom he forced himself on or sadistically seduced. Not caring about the AGE of the girl or his relationship – be it father in the word or a closer relationship

I believe he somehow took his driving force of sexual deviance and covered it up with a ministry. (Like boyscout leaders, priests, child psychologists etc. who say all the right things then turn out to be deviants. They have insulated them with LAYERS of “looking good” to hide their FLAMING iniquities.)

I believe he could not research himself out of a paper bag. So, he had to USE/STEAL other men’s research and claim it as his own – incl. what VPW states God told him about teaching the word to others. Then there is the fabricated SNOW scene.

I believe he founded the corps to pass along his sick and twisted perversions to those he could bring into the “inner circle”

I believe that America’s youth, at the time, (later other countries) was seeking a revolution and were open to something different then their parents or other established organizations offered. TWI seemed to offer it all. The smiley face painted atop the sewer lid.

I believe some of the things he said DID work. But he did not necessarily believe or incorporate them in his own life. They were the leaves over the bear trap.

I believe he was a GREAT man in that he was one of the greatest psychopaths – sociopath – narcissists to manipulate a large group of people that ever lived. ( I repeat, ONE of the…)

I believe he could quote scripture much like the devil himself did to Jesus when he tried to tempt him.

I believe VPW did not care who he destroyed as long as his NEEDS were met. And he had to create a band of followers who were willing to do that.

He was just as sick as any other cult leader and his congregation is just as wounded – many still trying to validate him. Still picking through the evil to speak of the “good.” And even when the good has been proven to be from other resources – they validate that by saying the word of God is free to all. Yes, and I can quote the same verse as you and we are not plagiarizing anything…

But if you say God spoke to you and said certain words and I claim them as my own then we have a problem. If I tell you to “keep it in your pants” then call you on the motor coach and I am naked and ….. well we have hypocrisy. Actions speak LOUDER than words..

In a country which is willing to fry Dan Quail on a misspelled word, or Gary Hart for checking out A woman other than his wife, we have those that vindicate VPW. Go figure.

Editing to add:

But back to the thread, I am not looking for anyone to agree with me or fight. Just answering the thread with the 7 and 9 but adding my real feelings as I feel them IMO

Edited by Dot Matrix

It is very hard to come to grips with being wrong.

I guess if we can vindicate, or somehow make vpw all right, then we personally aren`t quite as wrong, maybe don`t feel so foolish for being tricked.

In condemning vpw, we condemn oursleves, our beliefs and our perception of our value ...basically our entire lives of the past 30 years to the toilet.

It is damned hard to realise that everything we have been taught must be re evaluated, that our core truths are not necessarily truths.

Much easier to vindicate vp and place value in his group then to feel the shame of being dooped by a false prophet.

vpw had little to do with the why I got involved or thought the bible truths of pfal were a good idea at the time.

I have grown up to believe that I must "evaluate" my core truths on a minute by minute bases .

I do not feel i was dooped by anyone but my own ignorance, and ignorance can be remedied.. so I really do not condem myself either.

life is to short to waddle around in thinking what could of should of been as along as I am growing into who christ directs me to be in life I am happy.

I think a certain level of maturity has to happen .. before we can realize life is what we as individual make it to be for our own self, and the past is a journy to be cherished with lessons learned but today and the future always looks like a beutiful ideal with God on our side and Jesus Christ fighting with us to be all we can be as His bride.

STAYAWAY...Welcome!

Personally, I would give myself a 14 on the scale

14- Lowlife sexual predator who lied in God's name to use people for his own selfish and disgusting goals. "The man he knew to be"?...I contend that he didn't even know THAT. His ideas and actions can be compared to Jim Jones, Charlie Manson, and David Duke. The cornfield preacher was to Christianity what bol weevils are to a cotton patch.