GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

Here's some more:

I would have never done it, Lisbeth. But I understand why you did. I don't know what you have experienced. But I was about to die in that cellar, and you saved my life. Whatever you have seen, you don't need to tell me. I'm just happy that you're here.

X - For f#@k's sake, Lisbeth. His father trained him to murder at age sixteen. Anyone would be sick in the head with that kind of upbringing.

Y - Shut up about the victimization! He almost killed you. He raped and murdered and he enjoyed it. He had the same chances as us to chose what he wanted to be. He was no victim. He was a sadistic motherf#@ker who hated women.

Well @ first I was going to guess it was one of the Hannibal trilogy, not Silence, but now

it sounds to me like a Jekyll and Hyde movie say > Mary Reilly? I don't think that is it though.

No, neither of those are it, although this movie is part of a trilogy and is fairly recent.

No, not Saw.

Here's some more:

X - What can you tell me about Blomkvist?

Y - Everything is in the report.

X - The short version.

Y - Blomkvist got the name Kalle Blomkvist when he solved a bank robbery in the 80s. He's a very public person with no major secrets. Read the newspaper articles.

X - But does he have any secrets?

Y - Everyone has secrets.

Bonus Hints:

This is a Swedish film based on a wildly popular Swedish novel, which was published in English in 2008.

There are three novels (and films) of which this is the first. All three novels have stayed on Amazon.com's bestsellers list since publication in the US.

The movie played in most theatre venues in the US to critical acclaim.

"I think we're done with the point that he's making. I don't think there's any reason..."

"The point is you're welcome, I guess."

"For what?"

"Because I'm your nuclear deterrent. It's working. We're safe. America is secure. You want my property? You can't have it. But I did you a big favor. I've successfully privatized world peace. What more do you want?"

"Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to exit the donut."

George

If you just learn a single trick, Scout, you'll get along a lot better with all kinds of folks. You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.

New Flick:

I'll tell you a riddle. You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you don't know for sure. But it doesn't matter. How can it not matter to you where that train will take you?

You remind me of someone... a man I met in a half-remembered dream. He was possessed of some radical notions.

Don't you want to take a leap of faith? Or become an old man, filled with regret, waiting to die alone!

Here's more:

X - You create the world of the dream. We bring the subject into that dream and fill it with their subconscious.

Y - How could I ever acquire enough detail to make them think that it's reality?

X - Well, dreams, they feel real while we're in them right? Its only when we wake up then we realize that something was actually strange.

I know how to find secrets from your Mind, I know all the tricks!

She locked away a secret, deep inside herself, something she once knew to be true... but chose to forget.

"Michael, I want these personal experiments stopped. You've abused your privilege as a scientist, and you've endangered your life. The thought of you playing that tape makes my skin crawl."

"Where is it?"

"It's locked away where nobody will ever have it."

"Alex, I wanna play that tape."

"You didn't hear me, did you? Nobody plays that tape."

"Why do you have to die to let go?"

George