GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

Sure.

You know what you are, Martin? You're a 14-carat fu*k-up, that's what you are.

Something wrong?

Godda*# smartmouth. Jesus, you got a mouth! You think people like that mouth? You think customers like it? Mr Big Shot. How come you didn't cut off that dump on canal street?

The Swallow?

Awww, I say dump and he immediately connects with the Swallow! You know what a swallow is?

Oh let me guess, it's a bird?

Yeah it's a bird, a loser bird, a dodo!

Here's two more but now that I think about this probably nobody's going to get it.

Tomorrow you know, they're going to come at me like marauding beasts bent on destruction.

Stop it.

Deborah, you work in advertising... a civilized business. I on the other hand work with monsters.

You're talking about 5 year olds!

Right! and my job is to break their spirit. That is what kindergarten is all about. The Germans invented it, think about it.

So, did you have a nice evening?

Yes. And I crawled away in shame.

Oh, aren't we a couple of sluts?

I can't believe I slept with him on the first date!

It wasn't even a date, Deb.

Thank you.

I tell you, though. I couldn't help myself, because he is *so* gorgeous.

But can he type?

No. Not it. The movie stems around a couple in a relationship.

Bernie, this is ...

Joan.

- That's a nice name. Want a drink? - No, I don't want anything.

- I have to go. - Wait.

What do you do? For a living?

- I'm a neurosurgeon. You? - I'm a professional boxer.

Know much about fighting? I'm world heavyweight champion .

Interesting broad. Where did she develop her personality in a car crash?

She's nice once you get to know her.

- Are you going to sit down? - Shoot, no.

I'm going to let you do what you got to do.

Don't worry about me. I'll go home. Make a little macaroni and cheese.

Seal the windows and turn on the gas.

I'll see you tomorrow.

That's it Raf. Have you seen it? It's a fun let your hair down movie. Jim Belushi and Elizabeth Perkins

are awesome. Here's a trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_m-B4cxmHE

Edited by Human without the bean

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you all enjoyed your CHRISTMAS season.

Back to important things, like GS Name that Flick:

So I have to believe that a movie about a man who is powerful and famous and doesn't like integration, yet feels like a victim in America ["Plymouth Rock landed on us"] is not easy to even guess? Well I'll be... Oh well, here's more.

"I will not touch the white man's poison; his drugs, his liquor, his swine, his women."

"Brothers and sisters, I am here to tell you that I charge the white man. I charge the white man with being the greatest murderer on earth. I charge the white man with being the greatest kidnapper on earth. There is no place in this world that this man can go and say he created peace and harmony. Everywhere he's gone he's created havoc. Everywhere he's gone he's created destruction. So I charge him. I charge him with being the greatest kidnapper on this earth! I charge him with being the greatest murderer on this earth! I charge him with being the greatest robber and enslaver on this earth! I charge the white man with being the greatest swine-eater on this earth. The greatest drunkard on this earth! He can't deny the charges! You can't deny the charges! We're the living proof of those charges! You and I are the proof. You're not an American, you are the victim of America. You didn't have a choice coming over here. He didn't say, 'Black man, black woman, come on over and help me build America.' He said, 'Nigger, get down in the bottom of that boat and I'm taking you over there to help me build America.' Being born here does not make you an American. I am not an American, you are not an American. You are one of the 22 million black people who are the victims of America. You and I, we've never seen any democracy. We didn't see any... democracy on the-the cotton fields of Georgia, wasn't no democracy down there. We didn't see any democracy. We didn't see any democracy on the streets of Harlem or on the streets of Brooklyn or on the streets of Detroit or Chicago. Ain't no democracy down there. No, we've never seem democracy! All we've seen is hypocrisy! We don't see any American Dream. We've experienced only the American Nightmare!"

Now, if you guys don't get this, then regardless of how you feel about the subject of this movie, you have GOT to see it! Not for the truthfulness of this subject matter, but for its truthfulness TO its subject matter.

"I know why you're here. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer. You're looking for him. I know because I was once looking for the same thing. And when he found me, he told me I wasn't really looking for him. I was looking for an answer. It's the question that drives us, Neo. It's the question that brought you here. You know the question, just as I did."

"Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions."

George

I know it. That's The Matrix. The first one.

I'll wait for confirmation. Na, I'm right. How many

characters are named Neo.

You gotta understand something, Winston. I want to help you guys out

and all, but that's my best linen. It was a wedding present from my

Uncle Conrad and Aunt Ginny, and they ain't with us anymore –

Let me ask you something, If you don't mind?

Sure.

Were your Uncle Conrad and Aunt Ginny millionaires?

No.

Well, your Uncle Marcellus is, and I'm positive if Uncle Conrad and Aunt Ginny were millionaires,

they would've furnished you with a whole bedroom set, which your Uncle Marsellus is more than happy to do.

(takes out a roll of bills) I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie, you an oak man?

Oaks nice.

Edited by Human without the bean

It's not that hard for me to recognize characters named "Wolf", once I've actually seen the movie

they're in. :)

Plus, I remember what Marcellus Wallace looks like.

This is "Pulp Fiction."

The fascinating part of the movie to me is the verisimilitude of the thing.

At moments, it feels like we're looking in on everyday conversations between the characters.

Edited by WordWolf

"I'm sorry. You'll have to come back later. I'm doing the dishes."

"Who dropped a whole truckload of fizzies into the varsity swim meet? Who delivered the medical school cadavers to the alumni dinner?"

"There were blanks in that gun!"

"I didn't even point the gun at him!"

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."