GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"You're 5 foot nothin', 100 and nothin', and you have barely a speck of athletic ability. And you hung in there with the best college football players in the land for 2 years. And you're gonna walk outta here with a degree from the University of Notre Dame. In this life, you don't have to prove nothin' to nobody but yourself. And after what you've gone through, if you haven't done that by now, it ain't gonna never happen."

George already listed his quotes.

Since no one else guessed, and since I THINK I know the answer, I will guess.

It sounds like Lois Lane in Superman with the spelling blunder, but the trespassing reference makes no sense for that movie.

However, Lois Lane was a mom in another movie, so I will guess:

Superman Returns.

"When I was growing up in Bakersfield, my favorite thing in the whole world was to go to the movies on Saturday afternoons for the Chapter Plays."

"Cliffhangers."

"I know that, Mr. Man! They also called them serials. I'm not stupid ya know... Anyway, my favorite was Rocketman, and once it was a no breaks chapter. The bad guy stuck him in a car on a mountain road and knocked him out and welded the door shut and tore out the brakes and started him to his death, and he woke up and tried to steer and tried to get out but the car went off a cliff before he could escape! And it crashed and burned and I was so upset and excited, and the next week, you better believe I was first in line. And they always start with the end of the last week. And there was Rocketman, trying to get out, and here comes the cliff, and just before the car went off the cliff, he jumped free! And all the kids cheered! But I didn't cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE COCK - A - DOODIE CAR!"

"They always cheated like that in cl... chapter plays."

Ok, since no 1's jumping in...

Misery.

Rosie O'Donnell once said she was in a little hospital after getting bruised up on location.

A nurse said to her...

"You're that big woman....You're that big woman who hurt that guy."

"..................No, wait, that was Misery-I wasn't IN that movi--"

"All I know is, when you hit him with that hammer, you scared the hell out of me..."

"As if men don't desire strangers! As if... ohh, I refuse to speak of disgusting things, because they disgust me! You understand, boy? Go on, go tell her she'll not be appeasing her ugly appetite with MY food... or my son! Or do I have tell her because you don't have the guts! Huh, boy? You have the guts, boy?"

"Shut up! Shut up!"

"No! I will not hide in the fruit cellar! Ha! You think I'm fruity, huh? I'm staying right here. This is my room and no one will drag me out of it, least of all my big, bold son!"

"As if men don't desire strangers! As if... ohh, I refuse to speak of disgusting things, because they disgust me! You understand, boy? Go on, go tell her she'll not be appeasing her ugly appetite with MY food... or my son! Or do I have tell her because you don't have the guts! Huh, boy? You have the guts, boy?"

"Shut up! Shut up!"

"No! I will not hide in the fruit cellar! Ha! You think I'm fruity, huh? I'm staying right here. This is my room and no one will drag me out of it, least of all my big, bold son!"

And the $40,000? Who got that?"

"The swamp."

"Shut up! Shut up!"

And the $40,000? Who got that?"

"The swamp."

"Do you have any vacancies?"

"Oh, we have 12 vacancies. 12 cabins, 12 vacancies."

" It's sad, when a mother has to speak the words that condemn her own son. But I couldn't allow them to believe that I would commit murder. They'll put him away now, as I should have years ago. He was always bad, and in the end he intended to tell them I killed those girls and that man... as if I could do anything but just sit and stare, like one of his stuffed birds. They know I can't move a finger, and I won't. I'll just sit here and be quiet, just in case they do... suspect me. They're probably watching me. Well, let them. Let them see what kind of a person I am. I'm not even going to swat that fly. I hope they are watching... they'll see. They'll see and they'll know, and they'll say, "Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly..." "

"Oh, yes, sir, the Italian person."

"Eh, does he speak English?"

"A kind of English, sir. I think he learnt it in a place called Chicago."

"Mr. Ratchett, I have made enough money to satisfy both my needs and my caprices. I take only such cases now as interest me, and to be frank, my interest in your case is, uh... dwindling."

George

"Mr. Ratchett, I have made enough money to satisfy both my needs and my caprices. I take only such cases now as interest me, and to be frank, my interest in your case is, uh... dwindling."

George

Sherlock Holmes (the recent one, with Robert Downey)?

Or Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows

?

No. Not a Sherlock Holmes film.

"Only by interrogating the other passengers could I hope to see the light, but when I began to question them, the light, as Macbeth would have said, thickened."

"You mean you saw the man? You can identify the murderer?"

"I mean nothing of the kind. I mean there was a man in my compartment last night. It was pitch dark, of course, and my eyes were closed in terror..."

"Then how did you know it was a man?"

"Because I've enjoyed very warm relationships with both my husbands."

"With your eyes closed."

"That helped."

George