GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

What, it's MY turn? Oops.

"Our rendezvous point will be at 1600 hours. And our password will be… "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch"."

"Just a moment — I'll slip something on."

"Don't trouble yourself. This is an affair of state."

"Our rendezvous point will be at 1600 hours. And our password will be… "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch"."

"Just a moment — I'll slip something on."

"Don't trouble yourself. This is an affair of state."

"I have no armies, or police… and I can't spare the Presidential Band. Besides, you're a five-star, double-rated astronavigatrix. Your mission, then. Find Durand Durand, and use all of your incomparable talents to preserve the security of the stars."

"De-crucify the angel!"

"What?"

"De-crucify him or I'll melt your face!"

Ok, the posters older than me and Raf should be able to figure this one out now.

Or any trivia buffs who know where a certain 80s band got their name.

"Barbarella"?

George

That's it.

You either got it by recognizing Durand Durand and an angel, or eliminated possibilities

by saying "science fiction movie, older than the Star Wars Trilogy or thereabouts,

with an angel, a female protagonist, and not a lot of concern for her wearing her uniform.

I was cruising Wikiquote for ideas and saw that name, and I was pretty sure we'd never done this movie.

For those curious about the movie, just find a summary of the story. It's really not worth sitting down

to watch it if it's in front of you. (I wouldn't, anyway.)

It was the crucified angel that triggered the memory, and then the Duran Duran reference. You're right, though. Other than a young, occasionally naked Jane Fonda, there's not a lot to recommend the film.

"For what I am about to receive, may I make myself truly thankful."

"He can't forget being rejected by his mother and father at the age of 11. They sent him away, alone, into a primitive community of licensed bullies and pederasts."

"You mean he went to public school."

"Exactly."

George

• 2 weeks later...

"How do you know you're God?"

"Simple. When I pray to Him, I find I am talking to myself."

"I was only trying to do what's expected me. I recall as a sign of normalcy in our circle to slaughter anything that moves."

"I can't marry a second time."

"You're already married?"

"August 28, in the year of Me, 1964."

"He can't forget being rejected by his mother and father at the age of 11. They sent him away, alone, into a primitive community of licensed bullies and pederasts."

"Exactly."

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

Nope.

"His lordship is a paranoid schizophrenic."

"Paranoid schizophrenic? But he's a Gurney!"

"Then he's a paranoid schizophrenic Gurney who believes he's God."

"But we've always been Church of England!"

"What about Jack?"

"Remember he's suffering from delusions of grandeur. In reality he's an earl, an English aristocrat, a member of the ruling class. Naturally, he's come to believe there's only one person grander than that: the Lord God Almighty Himself."

"Are you English?"

"No."

"[slowly] Ah."

"How do you know you're God?"

"Simple. When I pray to Him, I find I am talking to myself."

"I was only trying to do what's expected me. I recall as a sign of normalcy in our circle to slaughter anything that moves."

"I can't marry a second time."

"You're already married?"

"August 28, in the year of Me, 1964."

"Exactly."

George

Free post huh? OK.

Realize detective, the only reason that I'm here right now is that I wanted to be.

No, no, we would have got you eventually.

Oh really? So, what were you doing? Biding your time? Toying with me? Allowing five innocent people to die until you felt like springing your trap? Tell me, what was the indisputable evidence you were going to use on me right before I walked up to you and put my hands in the air?

You're no messiah. You're a movie of the week. You're a fricking t-shirt, at best.