GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

I haven't checked in as much lately, but does it count if I TOTALLY would have gotten that one?

"He was just another drifter who broke the law!"

"Vagrancy wasn't it? That's gonna look real good on his grave stone in Arlington."

I haven't checked in as much lately, but does it count if I TOTALLY would have gotten that one?

I'm curious Raf. What clues gave it you?

"He was just another drifter who broke the law!"

"Vagrancy wasn't it? That's gonna look real good on his grave stone in Arlington."

For me, there's not enough here to guess.

That was an autocorrect. Sorry. I meant to write Rollo Tomasi.

Great movie, L.A. Confidential.

Anyway:

"It's good to hear your voice Johnny, it's been a long time. Look John, you've done some damage here, they don't want anymore trouble. That's why I've come. I want to come in there and fly you the hell out. Just you and me. We'll work this thing out together. Is that fair enough?"

"Where did you come from, Sir?"

"Bragg."

"I tried to get in touch with you, but the guys in Bragg never knew where to find you."

"You know I haven't been spending much time there lately, they've got me down in D.C. I'm shining a seat with my a$$."

"I wish I was back in Bragg now."

"We'll talk about that when you come in."

"I can't do that, Sir."

"Look John, we can't have you running around out there killing friendly civilians."

"There are no friendly civilians!"

"But I'm your friend Johnny! I was there with you knee-deep in all that blood and guts. I covered your a$$ more than once. Seems like bailing you out of trouble's got to be a life-time achievement for me."

"There wouldn't be no trouble except for that king-sh!t cop! All I wanted was something to eat. But the man kept pushing, Sir."

"Where did ya learn to shoot?"

"Well I ain't never *learned* Sergeant! Folks back home used to say I could shoot a rifle before I was *weaned*, but they was exaggeratin' some."

"Well I'm as much agin' killin' as ever, sir. But it was this way, Colonel. When I started out, I felt just like you said, but when I hear them machine guns a-goin', and all them fellas are droppin' around me... I figured them guns was killin' hundreds, maybe thousands, and there weren't nothin' anybody could do, but to stop them guns. And that's what I done.

"Do you mean to tell me that you did it to save lives?"

"Yes sir, that was why."

[amazed] "Well, what you've just told me is the most extraordinary thing of all!"

George

You know, I must' ve have started off to Marti Grai six or seven times. Never got further than the state line.

The governor of Louisiana gave me this. Madame Tinkertoy's House of Blue Lights, corner of Bourbon and Toulouse, New Orleans, Louisiana. Now, this is supposed to be the finest whorehouse in the south. These ain't no pork chops! These are U.S. PRIME!

Oh I'd like to get over there! How long huh, how long did you boy's say it was takes to get down there.

Oh bout, two or three days.

Two or three days, is that right!

Boy I sure wish I was going with you.

Yeah? You got a helmet?

Oh, I've got a helmet. I’ve got a beauty!

Lil more,

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I can't understand what's gone wrong with it.

Man, everybody got chicken, that's what happened. Hey, we can't even get into like, a second-rate hotel, I mean, a second-rate motel, you dig? They think we're gonna cut their throat or somethin'. They're scared, man.

They're not scared of you. They're scared of what you represent to 'em.

Hey, man. All we represent to them, man, is somebody who needs a haircut.

Oh, no. What you represent to them is freedom.

What the hell is wrong with freedom? That's what it's all about.

Oh, yeah, that's right. That's what's it's all about, all right. But talkin' about it and bein' it, that's two different things. I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. Of course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free, 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are. Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em.

Well, it don't make 'em runnin' scared.

No, it makes 'em dangerous. Buh, neh! Neh! Neh! Neh! Swamp!

"Ãœlla will come at eleven."

" I'm drowning here! I'm going down for the last time! I... I... I see my whole life flashing before my eyes! I see a weathered old farmhouse... With a white picket fence... I'm running through fields of alfalfa with my collie, Rex. No Rex, not on the alfalfa. And I see my mother... I see Mama, standing on the back porch... And I hear her calling out to me..."Alvin, don't forget your chores! The wood needs a-cordin' and the cows need a-milkin'! Alviiiiin! Aaaaalviiiiiiiiiiiin!"... Wait a minute. My name's not Alvin. That's not my life. Someone else's life is flashing before my eyes. What the hell is that about? I'm not a hillbilly, I grew up in the Bronx."

If I'm right (and I'm pretty sure I am):

"In my mind's eye, I see, three circles joined in priceless, graceful harmony. Two full as the moon, one hollow as a crown. Two from the sea, five fathoms down. One from the earth, deep under the ground. The whole, a mark of high renown. Tell me, what can it be?"

If I'm right (and I'm pretty sure I am):

"In my mind's eye, I see, three circles joined in priceless, graceful harmony. Two full as the moon, one hollow as a crown. Two from the sea, five fathoms down. One from the earth, deep under the ground. The whole, a mark of high renown. Tell me, what can it be?"