GreaseSpot Cafe

Gunnison open for visitors

polar bear

Where'd you hear that polar bear?

Makes me wonder what the benefit of going there would be to anyone? Contact with the hallowed utensils of a holy people? The ever present plushness of well kept grounds? Big trees?

Knowing the Way the "holidays", "open" and "visitors" will mean something completely different for them than for normal humans. they can't even publish a website without a long drawn out page of "terms and conditions". I can't imagine what would be involved to be a "visitor". Already I can smell a list of requirements and preparations that would be necessary to insure the visitor gets the most blessings out of the visit. Maybe they'll issue it to the 278 active members they have worldwide, with a HFC Plan of Action for effectively monitoring the bless-ee's preparations. :biglaugh:

Edited by socks

I would like to say that i truly enjoyed that place when i did the ac there back in the 80's

the beauty of the rockies the well kept grounds etc

and yes the people for the most part were nice too

but then again i had blinders on at the time

i would like to visit again just to enjoy the beauty of gunnison

but i would stay at the local motel 6 so i could share the same room with my wife which we could'nt at the ranch.

I honestly do not know what is going on at Gunnison, but let me share my thoughts. The river that runs through is very cold spring water, I tried it trust me. When I used to jog I would jog uptowards a peak amongst a plutonium mine forgotten mine and even scratched my time on a rock as others did. I enjoyed the rain scent of the Colorado high country sage chasing jackrabbits I could never catch. So many years ago. But it was like yesterday in my mind. I remember picking rose hips and using them at HQ when I got sick with a stuffy nose. I would often enjoy going back but not to the regime now I could not stomach it after the pop but I sure would like to and often dream about it.

Where'd you hear that polar bear?

Makes me wonder what the benefit of going there would be to anyone? Contact with the hallowed utensils of a holy people? The ever present plushness of well kept grounds? Big trees?

Two things.........1) who are "visitors?" Unless twi has drastically changed its PR department, I would think that "visitors" strickly means in-house innies. After all, maybe there has been so negative feedback from the field with camp gunnison being SO EMPTY and ABS HELPS MAINTAIN IT. Therefore, I could see that twi might benefit in innie's perception as "twi is changing" and innies can have access to this scenic area wherein their abs is more-or-less a condo-lease setup.

And.......2) if these "visitors" are NOT just in-house innies.....well, imagine what could happen?? Elk hunters who want to party after a successful hunt.....or, fishermen who want to fish the river, clean their fish on the banks, fry their dinner, drink their beer.......or, honeymoon couples who want total privacy and not have "bless patrol" walking by their cabin thru the night.......or, campground folk that want to sit up all hours of the night by a campfire with lots of friends. OR......a GSC reunion where loads of us go there to "bless the grounds."

IMO, it's gotta be #1......in-house innies. And, the "benefit" is to bring their families to this scenic area and reminisce some memories.

:wink2:

It's most likely only "available" for AC grads who have proven their spiritual maturity concerning snack preparation. AC grads who are a) not in debt, b) not on spiritual probation, c) 'faithful' in abundant sharing over the 10% minimum, d) not going to pay any attention to that man behind the curtain. :biglaugh:

I suspect it's not going to be easy for anyone, regardless of how long they've been involved with TWI to get past the approval process most likely required to even make a reservation to visit.

It is going to be open for "anyone" to visit.

Anything to make a buck these days.

I know none of us would want to go. I'm sure they will have restrictions on who they let come visit. I think they have opened up a can of worms though. Can you imagine John Lynn wanting to have his CES board meeting there.

And can you imagine Paw wanting to take his family. Can you say "lawsuit". They may change their minds after they read this.

I assume they are looking for vacationing families and skiers.

Anyone can pm me if they want to know more. I will be in Mexico for awhile though, leaving tomorrow.

Us Polar bears can only stand the cold for so long.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe somebody should call and ask: ;)

Camp Gunnison The Way Family Ranch

Non-Profit Organizations: Churches

606 County Rd. 9

Gunnison

(970) 641-0936

Actually, I did a little research after posting the above, and found that an online directory is listing the above camp as a "resort" for the type of business. How do they get their info? I have no clue.

Here is the link:

http://co.allpages.com/gunnison/travel-tourism/lodging/

This is what it says:

Camp Gunnison the Way Household Ranch

606 County Road 9

Gunnison, CO 81230-9627

Phone: (970) 641-0936

Business Types: Resorts

Now, all we have to do is call and mention that their name was on the internet as a resort and try to find out if its true if they are open to the public or not.

If they are not open to the public, they should correct their information online...my .02

Edited by Ex_16th_MB

I just called to see if I could make a reservation. They are NOT open to the public. The gentleman I spoke with was very friendly and helpful. He said they were a school and that it was a mis-classification in the online directory. He even referred me to another location that he said was really nice and on the Gunnison River.

We are trying to decide where to have our family reunion this year, so I just may check out his recommendation. :)

Speaking of Gunnison, I came across this interview by a police officer from the Denver Police Force in Colorado. He had first hand experience with Gunnison and some interesting information is noted in an interview he gave to Patrick Roberge from Excultworld.com

http://www.excultworld.com/interviews/Mark%20Roggeman.htm

Focus on the information halfway down, they talk alot about Gunnison and purchasing of ammunitions.

Happy reading.

Id think that if it was going to happen, that the person who answered the phone might have mentioned something. you think? just throwing it out there.

.....Adding this note: Unless they are planning on selling the property and then it will be open to the public once its sold...just speculating. :)

Edited by Ex_16th_MB