GreaseSpot Cafe

Super Bowl Ads

Sudo

Hey guys..

I can't vouch for them but they look real to me... previews of two Super Bowl ads that I got my hands on. Click HERE! and HERE!

I like the 2nd one better. With all the goodies that were posted on In The Kitchen why oh why couldn't they play this game on a Saturday night? Who wants to have a Super Bowl party on a Sunday night when nearly everyone has to go to work the next day?? Sheesh!!!

sudo

I've heard somewhere (this may or not be true),

that the day after the super bowl has one of the highest percetages of all other *holidays*,

for folks calling in sick to work.

Sunday and monday have been my "weekend" for the past 5 years,

so the game is actually being played on "saturday", for me! :)

As I'm not a football fan at all, the only parts of the Super Bowl I watch are the new commercials and the half-time show if I happen to be passing through the room when they come on. Of course, I missed the legendary half time with Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake, which was just fine with me.

When is the Super Bowl this year? Who's playing?

Suda

and they are paying 2 plus mil for this

i sure hope the game is better

Chef -- as your cousin OE would say -- Ayuh!

And you're right about the price. 2.4 million is the "going" price for a 30 second ad.

If I had 2.4 mil -- I'd spend on something more substantial than a 30 second *quickie*

:evildenk:

Of course the FIRST $360,000 -- 15% BEFORE TAXES would have to be ABS'ed

(or is that abased???), in order to keep a spit-proof hedge of protection

around the remaining 85% --- $2,040,000.

:biglaugh:

Chas,

You're right! But do we see any on the East coast complaining like I'm doing? Even in Hawaii where the game starts in the morning... who wants to party down knowing that they have to go to work the next day? :(.

BTW... pretty good ads, huh? But then. they nearly always are.

sudo

P.S. David.. I heard the same thing about that Monday being the highest absentee day, too.

i was just watching that show on superbowl commercials a little while ago. it was fun. there was one past commercial that said something like, "we just wasted $2 million dollars -- what are you doing with your money?" or something like that. i think it was by e-trade. i thought it was clever.