GreaseSpot Cafe

Puzzled ?

Cowgirl

I tell ya, it's enough to make a guy scratch his own eyes out.

I'd say it's a real tragedy but,in fact, it's all Greek to me.

Oedipus Rex------by Sophocles(A classic tale of a man who kills his father and sleeps with his mother,from which the term "Oedipus Complex" stems.)

the Shakepearian story though is that Oedipus didn't realize he had killed his father or that his wife was his mother. It was a sad event brought about by the predictions of the oracle. Nonetheless Oedipus did find himself attracted to an older woman and actually had children by her. In the end when he found out his sin, he gouged out his eyes and wandered to his death. Sad story.

maybe more young men should read the story.

I must be getting old. The age group of women that I used to think of as older women are now younger than me. :(

Rick

The beauty of that is, that now women in their 50's look good, but women in their early 20's STILL look good!

It first scared me when I could see two cute young ladies at the gym and realize I was as old as both of them together. NOW it happens with THREE cute young ladies! :o

George

i was in Lincoln for about 6 months. Worked for Concorde Enterprises. Ultimately I wrote software for Applebees and Lincoln Poultry. My kids were miserable and missed Topeka so I quit and moved back here. Ahhhh, the life of a mom. Well they are happy again and we are doing well in the town whose zip is 666##

I just had to get this thread going again didn't I. We should subtitle it MILF.

My latest story. OMG. I am a student so 90% of the men I am in contact with are young enough to be my own kids. Well there is this community where you can share homework and ideas with others in your class called facebook. I joined because if I miss a class due to work or kids I have a way to contact someone to get notes and homework assignments. Well one of the boys in my class 21 year old boy has been corresponding with me. I figure he is a nice boy and maybe a bit lonely and needs a friend. Nope that wasn't it. he finally got up his nerve told me he thought I looked half my age (which I know is line because it is nowhere near the truth) that he thought I was hot and he wouldn't mind if I would be his girlfriend. OMG at 43 it's still happening. There are so many pretty and shapely girls his age and he wants to date me!!!!

well I gave him the smiley, told hiim he was sweet, and told him he should find someone who would out live him. Now I know why it was so hard to find a date when I was in my 20's. They were hitting on my mom.

I just had to get this thread going again didn't I. We should subtitle it MILF.

My latest story. OMG. I am a student so 90% of the men I am in contact with are young enough to be my own kids. Well there is this community where you can share homework and ideas with others in your class called facebook. I joined because if I miss a class due to work or kids I have a way to contact someone to get notes and homework assignments. Well one of the boys in my class 21 year old boy has been corresponding with me. I figure he is a nice boy and maybe a bit lonely and needs a friend. Nope that wasn't it. he finally got up his nerve told me he thought I looked half my age (which I know is line because it is nowhere near the truth) that he thought I was hot and he wouldn't mind if I would be his girlfriend. OMG at 43 it's still happening. There are so many pretty and shapely girls his age and he wants to date me!!!!

well I gave him the smiley, told hiim he was sweet, and told him he should find someone who would out live him. Now I know why it was so hard to find a date when I was in my 20's. They were hitting on my mom

--------------------

WOW!

I keep thinking back to my 'dating days' and I would be embarassed to be that bold (or perhaps rude?) to a woman...I guess in a way it could be taken as a compliment perhaps that you are turning the heads of these young bucks over all the little cuttie-pies out there he has to choose from...Just remember the '30 second rule' might still apply.... At least you're moving in the right direction...21 now instead of 20....:blink:

Maybe ask you Mom what she did in those cases.... :biglaugh: (sorry, not wanting to make light of your situation...)

Edited by Michael B.

I gotta mention this. My mom liked jazz. Mostly older style like dixieland and big band jazz. There's this place in Grand Rapids, MI called Savory Street where they feature that kind of music. She went there with a friend when she was 75 yrs old. She and her friend (a woman in her 60s) were on the dance floor when these 2 guys in their early 30s start dancing with them. The guys knew how to dance properly for that style of music. But my mom is embarrassed. "I'm old enough to be your grandmother"! Yeah, well...they tried to buy drinks for them. My mom didn't think they were sleazy or nothing, just appreciated that she and her friend could dance like that, but my mom was spooked.

But later, the first possible opportunity, she proud as a peacock told me ALL ABOUT IT! I guess that thrill never gets old.