GreaseSpot Cafe

Why some people don't get the abuse stories

Linda Z

I am not sorry; I am going to repeat this fricking question til it sinks in :

how many of you men, late 40s, early 50s as you/we are now, have participated in even ONE incident like this??? Are you a man or some tail-chasing teen-ager?? I want to know if you think that even IF it was the case of some hot little hippie chick from 30 year ago or more--are you NOW, as a mature adult, going to "give in" cuz "she was askin for it"???

I see NO, as in NONE, excuse for this behavior. NOW, you can add in Christian minister, MOGFOT and all the rest. Shhheeeesh, so it's excuseable to succumb to every temptation that sits on our laps??? WHAT in the H is the christian experience worth then, if sinning at the invitation of some messed up teenager is our day-to-day habit pattern?? What in the F***** kind of theological junk and logic is THAT???????

added ps--"I got taught THE WORD, so it's all GOOD!!"--what unmitigated rubbish!! "Shall we sin, That GRACE may ABOUND??? GOD FORBID!!! ---oh, and keeeeeeddsss, I did not write the book....no PI, and all that ........

[This message was edited by alfakat on January 08, 2004 at 13:13.]

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that has been a lot of great reading, great learning experience. Yes, I am a male in my mid 40's and I find all of the responsibility for the indescretions with teenyboppers to be totally without excuse. Not acceptable. Not right. Wrong on every count, no matter how you try to justify it. Likewise, with the indescretions with any age individual in any situation outside of consensual sex between two single individuals on equal levels of responsibility. Not sure if that makes sense but for what it is worth, just my thoughts

quote:
So I understand why some of you have a hard time dealing with the stuff that went on in TWI. The denial and discounting of the reality of what happened is a very normal reaction.

It's just the wrong reaction.

Jardinero

J- thank you for the courage to tell your tale. Boy, you lived through the crap didn't you? And yes, a lot of people who are the "upstanding" in society are the abusers.

What about these teachers who go after shcool children? They are talking about a woman who started going after a boy when he was a student at the age of 11.

But according to the logic of some I bet he did something seductive. The poor teacher got hot and it was hard to turn off...

Puke.

Maybe some of these folks on here are sexual abusers, pediphiles or rapist? How would we know? That would actually explain some of these insane responses. I mean, if you are turned on by 13 year olds -- how can you find fault with VP or any other man?

I have found that people who EXCUSE sin, are usually engaged in the same sin. If an employee gets a little tippy at lunch - if his boss drinks, he will usually turn a blind eye.

That is why with the hard core "excusers" I really wonder who they are and what they do in life to keep saying these things...

Maybe they are protecting a "lifestyle" they agree with and are currently living.

Dot_Matrix.gif

Thanks, Dot.

About the teacher and the 11 yr. old boy. I just read where it was her husband who alerted the authorities. He and his wife (the teacher) were in a counseling session when she related to the counselor that she "had feelings" for a 12 yr. old boy whom she had kissed.

Good for him for having the courage to report the incident to the authorities!

J.

Thanks Dot, for welcoming me and I hope to be a beacon of light in a dark and troubling time. Just kidding, my light isn't any brighter than anyone else's and for all practical purposes is probably jaded from past experiences and affiiations. matter of fact, where the hell is the switch, I don't know if it is on or off and if I can't find the switch how am I supposed to know?

• 1 year later...

Wow, how did I miss this thread? Especially being 12 pages long??? I don't remember reading it before. I agree with LindaZ. TWI did do things for some of us like show us to God and understanding the Word.

I think now that I could have gotten all of that had I found the right church. However twi found me at a time I had a bad taste in my mouth about a church I had been going to because they didn't have answers to my questions. I think churches are a lot more savvy now. Churches have changed a lot and provide a lot for people now. It's not just sitting down, hearing the minister, eating lunch at your regular afterward, and then going home until you do it again next Sunday.

Had the leaders in twi not been involved in sexual abuse, manipulation of people, tearing people down, and egotistical to name a few things, it would have been just a cult with doctrinal issues. Add the other stuff, and it makes it much worse than a group with doctrinal controversy. Like it was pounded in to our heads so much, Practical error always leads to doctrinal error. The leaders, especially lcm, said that a lot. For some reason that stuck in my head, and it helped me to put 2 and 2 together. That's the only thing I thank old Martinfart for pounding in my head. It helped me to exit that rotton place.

Edited by Wayfer Not!

"Practical error always leads to doctrinal error. The leaders, especially lcm, said that a lot."

Must have been because loy was so acquainted with "practical error"

Yep. "BEWARE of SIN 'brethren'- I KNOWS sin. I jess KNOWS the consequences of practical error. I'll keep you updated. Just keep sending me money.."

Garsh, I'm so thankfull..