GreaseSpot Cafe

For Music Lovers

polar bear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yippee :dance: It worked....

Ok now I'm on a roll... (pun intended)...more pics your way!

The Leahy's and Ruthie Foster !!!!

This is Luke Doucet and his wife Melissa MacLelland - Both are amazing musicians and are individually recording music!

The amazing Robert Cray...

I have more pics, I'm just waiting to get them on the computer...

post-984-1187115202_thumb.jpg

post-984-1187115223_thumb.jpg

post-984-1187115272_thumb.jpg

post-984-1187115296_thumb.jpg

post-984-1187115398_thumb.jpg

post-984-1187115434_thumb.jpg

post-984-1187115467_thumb.jpg

post-984-1187115514_thumb.jpg

post-984-1187115660_thumb.jpg

post-984-1187115685_thumb.jpg

post-984-1187115712_thumb.jpg

Thirty years ago today I was a senior in dental school. A classmate came running up the stairs out of breath announcing that Elvis had just been brought into the Baptist hospital ER DOA. It was less than 100 yards from where we stood and my first thought was that Memphis would make the evening news.

Well make the evening news we did but I was shocked at the coverage. Elvis' death was treated as if the Vice-President had just died. 90% of the evening news was devoted to Elvis. I find it hard to believe that it was 30 years ago today. Arthur Hooten was one of my patients and to those of you who aren't Elvis fans, he was an early friend and associate of Elvis. He talked about Elvis at nearly each visit and entertained us with pictures of him and Elvis in days before Elvis was famous. Arthur died last year and didn't get a lot of press.

Here's one of my favorite Elvis songs...

sudo

Interesting visuals there Dooj!

Glad you enjoy my pics... I was wondering if anyone had viewed them or not...

Thanks for taking a peek.

A la P.

The computer that I mainly use is very old and can't do a lot of high tech stuff.

(Ditto on the guy behind the keyboard.)

Soooo----Sometimes I amass the more technical stuff until I can use a more modern machine.

Then I have a "heyday".

Sometimes I don't get to listen to a posted song for days.

I'm probably not the only one.

It's nothin' personal. :wave:

A little story-Im sitting on a picnic table in the middle of a Arizona desert watching 2 planes take off and clinb to 11000 ft and the other 15000 ft....This song is blasting from the hanger where my 2 daughters just left geared and harnessed to jump...I sat and watched the excitement as they walked to the little 2 seater planes...and they began climbing..one is Solo because she had jumped 4x and the other with a Master Jumper...I had shivers and tingles from every inch of my body as I locked in never removing my eyes from thier destination..they looked like perfect dots in the sky and slowly emerged from the heavens trailing with color from thier parachutes ...so cool...

Edited by likeaneagle

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HECEuBc9LQ"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HECEuBc9LQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HECEuBc9LQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

this is what it should look like

notice the first line is

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie"

not http:

I'm doing this with html off

you need to do an embed not copy the http URL.

John

A little story-

Im sitting on a picnic table in the middle of a Arizona desert watching 2 planes take off and clinb to 11000 ft and the other 15000 ft....This song is blasting from the hanger where my 2 daughters just left geared and harnessed to jump...I sat and watched the excitement as they walked to the little 2 seater planes...and they began climbing..one is Solo because she had jumped 4x and the other with a Master Jumper...I had shivers and tingles from every inch of my body as I locked in never removing my eyes from thier destination..they looked like perfect dots in the sky and slowly emerged from the heavens trailing with color from thier parachutes ...so cool...

Hmmmmm. Not sure I got it correctly for you. :unsure:

Edited by dmiller

Mr. Music Man,

You're here!!! Did you see the Leahy tunes I posted and pics too??

;)

Hi there Ala. Yes I did. :)

Hey --while I've got you here (or rather maybe you've got me) ---

was this you hanging out at a banjo forum I frequent???

john%20frog2.gif

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

(edited to add thanks for posting them!!)

Edited by dmiller

Polar Bear - Might be a bit late, but I just read your post about looking for singalongs for gigs.

Do you do any John Hartford? He's got several that work well for that audience participation stuff.

Takin' Me Back to my Mississippi River home comes to mind, as does Boogie, Mississippi Queen and a few others. If you're interested, just say so and I'll gladly make you a list.