GreaseSpot Cafe

I always hated LEAVING threads

FullCircle

Hi

Been here briefly after being a poster years back and it was good to be here again albeit a short time.

Some of you have reached out to me in the short time I have been here via the forum and I thank you for that. The only thing TWI ever had going for them was the wonderful people that made up its ranks and that still holds true till today. :)

Hey, I decided to leave and when I left last time, I just slipped into oblivion. I hated goodbye threads, lol and now I am making one of my own. The only reason I am doing this publicly is to clear up any confusion or rumors or "suppostions" that I have seen being posted. So please allow me to clear up and settle matters concerning myself and johniam and JeanIam.

1. No. I did not ask for any one to be banned or ousted.

2. No. I know of no one being told that they would be ousted or banned.

3. No. I know of no one being spoken to about STOPPING any behavior.

4. Yes, I did ask johniam and jeaniam to stop posting to me, specifically asking johniam to stop following me around on threads having to unpost what I posted. No, I don't believe it's mere coincidence, and I don't believe it's mere debating. Not when name calling and all that comes into the equation.

5. Yes, I have that right to ask anyone I feel who is doing what I felt they were, to stop it.

Since then I have seen posts by both one of the Iams and other posters discussing about them being banned or the Iams saying they would be ousted. I have NO idea why unless the Iams wish to capitialize being told to stand down and why others are buying into it. It is a little brush fire that I wish NOT to see turn into a major forest fire , mailing the mods or Pawtucket about something that as FAR as I know never happened.

I do not want to be responsible for any division on Greasespot. You all have been here a long time, you have your friends and many many of you are so intelligent and are first hand witnesses and tell your side of the story with such clarity and heart and emotion, it would be a sin to lose that.

If I knew that saying "NO" to the Iams would have resulted in what I view as professional victimization, I would have just slipped into oblivion again. But it was my effort to remain here posting because I knew eventually I would respond in like kind to them and then a whole other mess would happen. Oh well.

So good bye and I will probably stop in once in awhile to read. Keep up the good work.

johniam and jeaniam, keep the baby, whole. You win, I don't want it cut in half.

Just for the record, I think the moderators have been fair. I've never complained to them about anybody. A few years ago I thought Gingertea was stalking me. I did 3 posts in a row on 3 different threads and boom there she was each time. I mentioned it, not as something I was afraid of, but as something I found amusing. She assured me it wasn't intentional. I don't know why Full circle is convinced we are following her around from thread to thread; probably she is being stirred up by other posters. She did a very strong post on the "why does twi have to be good" thread which directly disputed something I posted earlier on that thread and I didn't even respond to it. This bring up a point...

Some posters want threads to be support groups where everybody agrees with each other; others want them to be debate teams where anything goes. The politics forum used to be one forum until things got out of hand there. Then they made it into 2 forums, one for the nice and one for the nasty, and that move seems to have worked. Like I said, I think the mods do a good job considering what they have to juggle, but I don't see how they could make any such restrictions on the open or about the way forums without opening a 'pandora's box that will lead to more headaches.

Full circle, don't quit for our sakes. We ain't nobody, just exwayfers with an occasional opinion. You make us sound like a crime family or something (the Iams: HEY, we didn't whack that guy!) The reason I thought we might get ousted has nothing directly to do with you. I know someone who sent an extremely angry email to Pawtucket about a year ago. The email didn't contain any threats, but that guy hasn't posted since and I figured if he got banned for that then I might get it for what I posted to greasytech. Don't know.

If being disagreed with by someone you never will meet is all it takes to shake you up, then I'm surprised you ever go out in public.

Full circle, please reconsider. You have valuable input. We ALL do, each of us has a unique piece of the puzzle to share in presenting a picture of our twi experience.

I have enjoyed reading you tremendously, and have apreciated your support....guess I never thanked you.

Thankyou!

We are an opinionated bunch...but doggone it...that doesn`t mean we want anybody to not be heard.

Dear FullCircle,

I have learned a lot from what you have contributed and I would truly miss your imput and your flare! I don't think of anyone here in a derogatory way. I don't think of you or rascal or anyone here as the "thought police" (possibly it might not have been meant as a cutting remark...perhaps just a defensive one).

I don't know much about a lot of things, that's for sure; I am still learning....every day. I hate to think that when I first came that any of all of you valued members thoughts were absent... specifically now meaning yours and you. I love everyone here and that may seem hoggy to most or whatever; but I try to look at people's heart not just where their thinking is at. I respect your beliefs! They come from heart..from your viewpoint...from you life and the way you live it. They are important and valuable!

I wouldn't want any of you to leave for any reasons of be hurt, misunderstood or devalued!

Love You FullCircle, RG

You leaving will make me sad!! If you want that on your conscience, then you might have trouble sleeping at night from the guilt!! :rolleyes:

Seriously, please don't go. I appreciate your views and honesty. I'm just a newbie here at GS (not to TWI stuff), and have seen some who will get rough at the drop of a hat. So what! Everybodies opinion won't agree with everybody else's, you know that. But, the value of this forum is that we get to have our say. And in the course of time opinions can change. I've seen that already in the short time I've been here.

So, please reconsider. Your voice is needed here. Your opinions are needed here. YOU are needed here. :wub:

Don't leave unless you feel it is best for you. You can always put the Iams on ignore. And since you mentioned the stalking, others will be sure to notice if it happens some more.

Don't feel you must be on the run because of some other poster or to keep the peace. This is not a peaceful place.

Actually, your leaving is what some posters might like, for oppositional views to their own to just shut up. ( 'Shut up' is treated like cussing in my home)

And usually before a forum war ends in a banning, the thread ends up in Soap Opera.

FullCircle,

There is no unity here. This isn't twi.

Ever heard of water off a duck's back? Well, sometimes that applies here if a poster gets nasty.

Please don't let nasty comments from one married couple cause you to leave if you are getting something out of posting and dialoguing with others. It takes time to build relatioships and even then most of us disagree at times. There is no right way to think here.

I really do try to treat others with respect here even if we disagree, but I'm sure I've hurt people's feelings without meaning to at times. That's what we humans do, unfortunately.

I've enjoyed yours posts, too. Please reconsider, dear FullCircle.

wb

P.S. You were right to stand up for your beliefs and opinions. Don't let bullies cause you to back down.

Hi I am a jerk.

Seriously.

I didn't realize there was an ignore function that worked with the forums. Anyway, I was too upset to think clearly and was worried about causing strife and crap like that in aruging with people. I certainly didn't want to get off on the wrong foot but it seems I did anyway, hey the thing I feared?? LOL just kidding.

Seriously, a lot of stuff has surfaced, some of which I have gone into detail somewhat with a poster in private and I have been talking to my husband about. It is mostly clergy abuse and misbehavior. I have been dealing with that am and on over load. As someone told me, my brain space is being used up in dealing with that and I don't have much room for anything else and they were right. I have been doing a lot of absentminded things like putting dinner in the oven and not turning it on and turning on the wrong burners and not sleeping well.

I am okay. Just on overload. I have to deal with issues first and then I can move on.

Another thing that bothered me is that I misread anothen's post. I totally missed that he abused a nine year old girl. I thought it was something different and I feel like a jerk for what I posted, although what I said to him was true, maybe not so much applicable to his situation. I have no compassion for predators, very little most of the time anyway. I guess some one asked how we can be upset with VP and not this guy. VP betrayed me in more ways than one; that is true for most people whether they were introduced to his more seedy side or not and that invokes more wrath from me since it is on a personal level.

One great point that was made is how predators often justify their actions by telling themselves the child is being sexually agressive or giving the come on. They really believe that, like the man who rapes thinking that the woman really wanted it and was asking for it. It serves to show how twisted the mind of the predator is in their thinking and their understanding of people and their perspective of people. It a mind is that twisted, how can it be twisted one moment and filled with God's Word the next and full of faith and love and compassion? It can't. It doesn't work that way. It's pretty much either/or.

Thank you to all those that posted, and for your care and concern.