GreaseSpot Cafe

Can you read this?

GT

When I asked my dyslexic husband -- he said it was easier for him, because thats how he sees things all the time.

Everyone on my mom's side is dyslexic. My uncle is in the rubber stamp business (everything is backwards) :biglaugh:

No problemo.

I don't think they're telling the whole story though. I think a lot of the ease with which we could read through the paragraph was due to context and normal sentence structure. I've gotta hunch that if they were describing molecular varibility of radioactive isotopes or somesuch, that our comprehension would be dramatically reduced...

I read it, and even understood it!

I've gotta hunch that if they were describing molecular varibility of radioactive isotopes or somesuch, that our comprehension would be dramatically reduced...

I don't think I would understand that even if everything was spelled right.

I didn't zoom thru it like I was skimming, but I read it at the pace the average person reads,

which, for me, is a bit slow. That's the speed I go at when I'm trying to absorb material,

not just give a quick read.

I also agree that context and ease of vocabulary helped.

This wasn't exactly technical jargon.

It is easier to read the more you let your mind just flow and not work on the individual words.

I have found that after I type something important like a proposal to wait a while then read it again in a printed version. I find that I leave thoughts and words out that I don't catch till I go back.

It will amaze you how much the mind reads in.

Greasy,

Yes, I read it just fine as well. I'm not buying the brain being 50% faster if you can read it thingee. I'd bet nearly everyone can read it.

<center>sudo</center>

So,

you're not going to embrace this concept, just because it flatters you?

Well, that kills THAT idea...

Hey, wow, No problem.....I read it just fine. It actually explains a lot to me; about me!

Does this mean you all are gonna forgive my typos and missed words (I think too fast and leave out entire words ) and all my spelling and grammatical errors...cuz You all can read so well anyway?

Hhhhhmmmm I will work harder on it anyway cuz there is no excuse for not proofreading Hey? :redface2::doh:

Groucho,

Re:"C'mon Sudo...everybody knows that most people from your neck of the woods, can't read at all.."

Curious you would say that because we Southeners have always felt you *Yankees* were in need of a little remedial education. Something *had* to have been wrong in ya'll's schools. I mean.. there the signs were up posted in plain sight all legal and fair but dang if we didn't have to shoot every Yankee who ventured down this way. And the signs couldn't have been any clearer... "Owl Terspessres Weil Ba Sohot An Sghit"

sudo