GreaseSpot Cafe

Ex TWI Way Corps person tells story of conversion to Catholicism

markomalley

The Catholic TV network, EWTN, has this program on Mondays called "The Journey Home."

It's purpose is to allow Catholic converts to tell their stories of conversion. Mostly former Protestant ministers.

This past Monday, a ex Way Corps person who is now a Catholic Deacon appeared on the program.

Archived video is available (likely only until next Monday, 5/7) at the following link: http://play.rbn.com/?url=ewtn/g2ewtn/g2dem...&proto=rtsp

Archived audio is available (likely perpetually) at the following link: http://www.ewtn.com/vondemand/audio/resolv...=jh_04302007.rm

The program is approximately 1 hour long.

I've not been given permission to post the person's name, so I won't do so. However, I am sure that many of you will recognize the individual.

(A hat tip to somebody...again no permission to give this person's name...who let me know privately about the person's appearance on the program)

Enjoy!

Very interesting Mark.

I have listened about half way through and will save the download and pick up the rest later. I find it interesting to hear someone speak of main differences between Protestants and Catholics including twi mixed in there.

His start about abortion and why twi would encourage it due to their infidelities was so simple and right there.

joe's name is right on there, mark

I understand that.

But I'm not going to list ANYBODY's name with other more personal stuff unless I have their express permission.

That's just respect for a person's privacy.

(See, the EWTN website listing for the interview identifies him as an ex-something else, rather than as an ex-twi)

Notta,

You may also have to update your RealPlayer.

If it just sits there looking like it is loading that could be the problem.

Hmmm. That's what mine was doing at first.

Thanks! (wandering off looking for updates ......) :)

He is a poster on GS

I don't get it. Are we supposed to guess who the poster is? I have a hunch based on one thing the interviewee spoke about. But I'm not sure because I always thought the poster in my mind was a woman. I've been wrong before though.

Can the real poster please stand up?

Notta,

I think Mark posted this for our listening pleasure.

The name of the interviewee is mentioned at the beginning as throughout the interview. His name is not "secret". However, since Mark has not spoken to him to get his permission to post the link here, he is respecting the interviewee's privacy by not posting his name here.

Interesting listening. Thanks, Mark.

Suda

The Catholic TV network, EWTN, has this program on Mondays called "The Journey Home."

It's purpose is to allow Catholic converts to tell their stories of conversion. Mostly former Protestant ministers.

This past Monday, a ex Way Corps person who is now a Catholic Deacon appeared on the program.

I listened to the whole program. Thanks you! its ironic there was a relitive who I will not name was studying to be a Catholic Deacon but there was a sex scandel involving a preist he left and joined the TWI and he tried to get me to join. From what I read here the TWI don't like Catholics. It proves one thing to me you can't paint everybody with the same brush stroke.I think the problem is with a lot of people is that if you blame one person you should not blame the entire group. It was very enlighting

listening to Joe thanks again.

Notta,

I think Mark posted this for our listening pleasure.

The name of the interviewee is mentioned at the beginning as throughout the interview. His name is not "secret". However, since Mark has not spoken to him to get his permission to post the link here, he is respecting the interviewee's privacy by not posting his name here.

Interesting listening. Thanks, Mark.

Suda

That is EXACTLY right.

One thing I do know and that was twi didn't have a clue what the Catholic faith believed and what was their doctrine. I found they were off base on other faiths as well. And that is odd to me in light of the fact so many other faiths were part of the ministry. How did we who were of those faiths at one time not recognize what we were being told about our past faith was so inaccurate. Guess having your brain washed removes even real memories of things.

I'm curious as to who it is also. This is actually exciting to me but then keep in mind I am wanting to escape my unpacking and setting up our home also. :D

Perhaps this entire thread should have been in Doctrinal??

Dunno. Just speculating. ;)

The thread is not about Catholicism. The thread is about the story of an ex-TWI person's life after leaving TWI.

My reason for putting it in "open" vice "my story" was twofold:

#1: it wasn't "my" story...it was somebody else's story

#2: more people would see it here.

The reason I didn't put the person's name in here was as google-protection

Mark, I understand your not posting his name so that it can't be searched, but it seems rather a moot point since he's already revealed his full name in a post here.

That aside, it's interesting the journey he's taken.

Thanks Paw.

And Linda I see it similar to mine and Rocky's situation. Even though that is my picture in my avatar it doesn't reveal who I am by itself but I have told folks here my identity and many know my first and last name as well as many know me face to face. But I asked that my name be removed from being linked here when there was a CD that Ted and I did and it was in the post by someone. I don't want someone to Google my first and last name and link here for a couple reasons. Rocky was upset and rightfully so when Jonny called him by his real first name even though he has an adult picture of himself as his avatar. The picture can't be Googled. Also Polar Bear mentioned an important note also when he said Larry P*narello didn't appreciate having his name in an article on our front page due to employers finding him and wondering if he was worth the risk of employment.

Many folks post here with pseudo screen names so they can't be searched or linked at all.

If Mark had posted Joe's full name here it would have been wrong IMHO.