Off Shoots collection

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder who "Rose" is....

(And I doubt it's Axl Rose.... :spy: )

Why that's Rose Tyler from the new Doctor Who. Run for your life :biglaugh:

Ahhh there is the key.....However, the man that is currently in charge of your group was one of the great facillitators of evil...somehow I doubt that his motives have become altruistic in the ensuing years....

Unforunately you are not only concerned with where YOUR money is being used;

It makes sense in a warped way to me, Rascal. Some people simply do not want to think. It is FAR easier for others to think for them. Far easier for someone else to do the "research" (gag), teach the material. Plus, what they don't know, they are not accountable for, or so some think. So the "conscience" is clear, all is well.. all is "clean" unto them.. they are absolved of accountability, at least to themselves.

Some people are AFRAID to think. Afraid they'll get possessed or something..

besides, it might hurt..

give alms, that's sure to fix everything..

The guy that runs that place.. even if he "came clean".. "yeah, I was worse than a bozo.. forgive me. now support my "ministry""

If it was me, I'd say, yeah, I'll forgive.. now go get a friggin JOB..

:biglaugh:

I dunno. Maybe these kind of guys are really that helpless..

Somebody here ought to write Michael Jackson a letter. Tell him there's a moglet languinshing away in a pool in Mexico City, after filming a class..

This little e book picks up the pieces after they happened..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/ebo...row/index.shtml

I think Eccleston was Dr. number nine, but I've lost count.. of course the last incarnations were supposed to embrace the dark side, according to "trial of the time lord"..

If you've followed the series for a number of years, Lungbarrow is almost amazing..

lots of reading though.

Hand of Omega, the first incarnation of the Doctor..

Reading this novel was one of the "surreal" moments in my life.. heheh.

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

From Off Shoots Collections to Daleks... not to far from the original topic, when you really think deeply about it.

:offtopic:

I bet this is the real reason I feel so at home around here... it's not the communal twi experiences... it's all the scifi fans!

Anybody have a sonic screwdriver?

In a strange strange kinda way, I think we all are..

the light we came from, I think some of us can remember it.

We begged. pleaded for this existence.. I think part of the agreement was that we would not remember what we came from.

and a lot of us are so concerned about the terms of exit.. how ironic.

I think I "got it" this time around, I don't know..

Fiction is so wonderful.. it allows us to remove the masks, if but for a moment..

I can remember being conceived.. if this sounds nutso, so be it.

it was like death.

It was a roll of the dice.. no guarantee of results..

Can you imagine.. coming from a world of perfection..

no problems. No worries.. no hunger..

but with the problems of this reality, this reality was preferred..

where did YOU come from?

"The Squirrel has left reality.."

hehheh.

Start a new thread and I'll give you my opinions on fiction and the universal themes involved.

I'd post more, Mr. Hammeroni, but it's past this kid's bedtime.

:yawn1::yawn1::yawn1::sleep1: Good night, GSC!

And once again, the squirrel is left alone in an empty room to ponder the secrets of the universe...

For what it is worth ---

I can't speak for most groups. Only my own, though I don't like to think of us as an "off shoot." We have used the offerings for the following, not in any particular order, just as I thought of them.

We have given to other ministries very view of them are off shoots.

We provide assistance to one person who is no longer able to work and cannot live on her disability check.

We have paid rent and mortgage payments for some, who have fallen on hard times and needed help to get back on their feet.

We have provided money to several of the various homeless shelters and community kitchens in the area, as well as to the Red Cross and other organizations of this kind.

For those who desire it, we have provided free cassettes of our teachings. Currently, after the death of our duplicator we are looking in to CDs. We will provide those for free as well. We have sent these teachings all over the country and to several to several foreign countries as well.

We provide a "book store" of materials that we have found helpful in our walks and we hope will help others as well. These are free for the taking.

Ok -- I haven't read this entire thread. Nor will I.

Quibbling can be done about who does what.

Too many folks are thinking globally -- rather than locally.

Simple as that.

Edited by dmiller

Well, for what it's worth here, there is one offshoot that I don't really have any real issues with. They seem to be doing some good work.. no real legalism or exclusivism. Any accusation of the group doesn't seem to stick here. I hope it never does.

They have publically abandoned and denounced a lot of crap that the others have not. But I will admit, I've developed an allergy to anything the appears twi-ish. Heard it way too many times, I've overdosed on it.. so I really don't want to get involved. Just had enough..

What I do have a real issue with.. the guys who just disappear, and show up somewhere trying to sell their wares without at least attempting to rectify old issues and abuse they've heaped on people.. or return to abusive practices (if they ever left them to begin with).

I think that category of offshoots deserve the beating that they get here.

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

This has probably been covered before but where does the money go that is collected by the Off Shoot groups? I have been briefly involved with several of them and could not figure out what they did with the money. Most of them still had home fellowships.
I have attended a home fellowship with ex-TWI and they didn't collect money. I have more issues with the fact that no one has thought up a way to spread the word or try to get new people (other than exTWI that finally come along) involved in our group and the manifestations always sound the same, the teachings are all the same as in TWI. It just doesn't feel right or fulfilling to me or my husband. I feel like for the time being we are just existing and doing something to fill in our sundays. Edited by mommy1968