GreaseSpot Cafe

way website

Bolshevik

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally when a site is down for a short time as work is being done on it, a router goes out somewhere preventing you from reaching the site for a few minutes or the company that hosts it is fixing a problem, we call it a 'net burp'. In this case though, considering we are dealing with TWI, I think it would be more appropriate to call it a 'net spit in their direction'.

(Yes, guys, I DO know what I'm to do after a crack like that. I'm now heading off to sit on the Ugly Orange Couch and slap my fingers for acting up like that, as after 14 years online they *should* know better than to say such things..... LOL.)

Funny.

I could probably help them with it but I won't. :evildenk:

God first

Beloved All

God loves us you my dear friends

maybe they got banned from the net

or maybe they took away all the grades (Members) computers because they were learning the truth from us

then they had no more need for a web site no one left to read their pushing controling things or what ever they call it

I just hope I do not buy one of those devil spirit computer they will have for sale on E-bay so they could received money from me again at the cost of their grades

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Edited by year2027

Well GSC buddies... I just tried inputting www.theway.org and got something called the plesk domain web site. It gave me a message that that domain name does not exist. Maybe R*s** and co. took an early retirement & forgot to tell anyone or, maybe, the Feds finally got around to paying them a real visit.

Anyone hears anything else, please let us ex-twit's lnow whether we need to applaud or not. :eusa_clap:

Well GSC buddies... I just tried inputting www.theway.org and got something called the plesk domain web site. It gave me a message that that domain name does not exist. Maybe R*s** and co. took an early retirement & forgot to tell anyone or, maybe, the Feds finally got around to paying them a real visit.

Anyone hears anything else, please let us ex-twit's lnow whether we need to applaud or not. :eusa_clap:

I'm not an internet geek type of person, but it sounds to me like they don't have their initial IP address set up as a shared IP? I was a little curious about this and found this out - Plesk registered in HSPcomplete must have the first IP address configured as a shared IP. (To fix the problem they should login to their Plesk server and set the IP to be a shared IP address).

They still own the domain. I'm thinking along the lines that they are changing their hosting company and that is why the site isn't coming up. Plesk is a company that sells software to help you host your domain name. They are probably having problems with technical things when all we see is the Plesk info on the site. That means it's defaulted back to 'nothing' and they have work to do so the world can see their website again. Check again in a day or two and I bet their site will be back up and running fine.

Here is all their WHOIS info that tells you who owns the domain, the admin of it and the name servers that host it. Below their's is the WHOIS of the company that owns the name server computers physically. I'm sure they are all working together to get the problem fixed.

Registrant:

THE WAY INTERNATIONAL

P.O. BOX 328

NEW KNOXVILLE, OH 45871

US

Domain Name: THEWAY.ORG

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact :

Longley, Steve

SteveLongley@theway.org

P.O. BOX 328

NEW KNOXVILLE, OH 45871

US

Phone: 419-753-2523

Fax: 419-753-2903

Record expires on 29-Nov-2014

Record created on 20-Sep-2002

Database last updated on 25-Jul-2005

Domain servers in listed order: Manage DNS

WIN01NS1.DNS-HE.COM

WIN01NS2.DNS-HE.COM

Show underlying registry data for this record

IP Address: 66.221.15.146 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)

IP Location: US(UNITED STATES)-TEXAS-FT. WORTH

Record Type: Domain Name

Server Type: Apache 1

Web Site Status: Active

DMOZ no listings

Y! Directory: see listings

Web Site Title: Welcome to The Way!

Meta Description: THE WAY INTERNATIONAL OFFICIAL SITE, a Biblical research, teaching, and fellowship ministry dedicated to presenting the accuracy and practicality of God's Word.

Meta Keywords: Way International, Way, Bible, Bible study, Biblical, research, teaching, fellowship, home fellowship, home fellowships, abundance, abundant, abundant life, power, truth, Christian, ministry, non denominational, nondenominational, disciple, Way Disciple,

Secure: No

E-commerce: No

Traffic Ranking: 1

Data as of: 18-Jul-2006

-----------------------------

Registration Service Provided By: midPhase Services, Inc.

Domain name: DNS-HE.COM

Registrant Contact:

dkAds Network, Inc.

NA NA (NA)

NA

Fax:

1954 Jamestown Dr

Palatine, IL 60074

US

Administrative Contact:

NA

Dan Ushman (zboca@midphase.com)

Fax:

dkAds Network, Inc.

1954 Jamestown Dr

Palatine, IL 60074

US

Technical Contact:

NA

Dan Ushman (zboca@midphase.com)

Fax:

dkAds Network, Inc.

1954 Jamestown Dr

Palatine, IL 60074

US

Name Servers:

NS1.DNS-HE.COM

NS2.DNS-HE.COM

Creation date: 08 Sep 2003 19:19:15

Expiration date: 08 Sep 2012 19:19:15

Meta Description: THE WAY INTERNATIONAL OFFICIAL SITE, a Biblical research, teaching, and fellowship ministry dedicated to presenting the accuracy and practicality of God's Word.

The meta description is interesting....

Practicality??

NO major pets.... no debt (including owning a home)... no allowing children to be children... meetings every other day... abundant sharing...

...and I could go on, but would need more coffee this morning... you get the idea...

And they call that "practical"?

Practically IMPOSSIBLE!

hmm. Maybe it's the "gathering together". The lord comes back, and kicks the **** out of the evil computer corruption in New Knoxville..

Or maybe it's loy's second coming to twi.

:biglaugh:

we call it a 'net burp'. In this case though, considering we are dealing with TWI, I think it would be more appropriate to call it a 'net spit in their direction'.

Maybe more like net indigestion. The computers just couldn't stomach that awful green on their website..

Last I looked at their web site, it was ripe for being hacked (old versions of software, frontpage extensions, etc)-- which is probably what happened. Some kid in Korea probably took it over and started using it for his own purposes.

Kind of funny if you think about it. TWI preaches diligence, taking care of what you own, everything in order, yet their web site was atrocious from a security stand point (not to mention that it looked like crap).

The little picture for "fellowship".. can't see anybody that I'd think was under fifty. Pretty pathetic..

Maybe they send the kiddies out "witnessing"..

"Just go, just go to the mall. Find a complete stranger to bring back, but check his dental records and portfolio first.."

I dunno.. from the looks of the thing, I would say they are targeting the 50+ year old crowd, retiring baby boomers.

People who just might be looking for a good cause to include in the will..

"Good Luck"

:biglaugh:

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

Well, they've got a blurb on there about their new sound system and say:

"So that you too could appreciate this recognition, we have made their Web site address available for you to enjoy the magazine and to read the article."

They list the URLs but don't make them hyperlinks :confused:

That's almost as good as their contact page having no email link or phone number!!

A website run by technophobes... makes no sense to me!

On the other hand, TWI doctrine may well have failed to "take" on their intended scale, with the children of those who sacrificed their own youth to the beast.

I'd be willing to bet a lot of these Kids lived through the BS as children, questioned whether it was BS as adolescents, figured out it was BS as teenagers, decided as young adults they didn't want to waste their own lives in misery like their parents, and have been leaving home and doing as they damn well please for the most part.