GreaseSpot Cafe

way website

Bolshevik

Web-o-phobes? Absolutely. If they had an interactive website, people would have to maintain it, and they would receive emails...nasty emails. Not to mention viruses.

I imagine they still ban members from accessing the web. They would have to actually overhaul their doctrines, make appologies, accept criticism, and communicate with other people if they wanted to use the web for outreach. Naw, they aren't going to do that. I think the trustees are content to spend the money salted away in the past (and what little may be trickling in from abs) to maintain their standard of living. They don't want to rock the money-boat, nor, GOD FORBID, do the intense work of renewing their stance on biblical doctrines and teachings! The current trustees aren't going to try anything even remotely risky.

Everything about TWI presently smacks of laziness and complacence. They just don't want to, or are afraid to, make any significant changes that would cause the appearance of discrediting the memories of vp...he's their only claim to fame! <_<

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not wise to discuss infecting TWI's website with a virus even if you ARE just kidding.

Yeah, GT, that's what I was thinking - database last updated 2005 - yowza!!! That's some mighty fine stewardship NOT!!!

That is the WHOIS database, not TWI's server. If they renewed their domain name in 2005 for multiple years, then nothing has changed since then...same dns server, same contact info. Nothing unusual about that.

Yeah, their site is pretty lame, but there are a LOT worse. Although with all their money, you would think they would hire a professional developer to do it for them.

Rick

Rick

Miss seeing your input in the Guitar Thread.

Stop by and help us solve some of the weightier matters of life such as "round wound or flat wound?"

You know---- The stuff that REALLY matters!

Or coated versus non-coated? :) Sounds more exciting than the way's website. :biglaugh:

Rick

Forgive me...

For a bit of fun, I typed Way International into Google and at the bottom of the first page it offered me:

SNO-WAY INTERNATIONAL

snow and ice control equipment

And I thought, Snow? Yeah, we certainly saw a lot of snow!

Ice control equipment? People here know all about iciness and abundance about control!

Stunningly boring site (yawn).

:biglaugh:

Hi Red,

The site was down at the time.

welcome, Red! Want some pie? Coffee? Got both right here!! (they are all virtual foods, however, but they taste virtually darn good!)