GreaseSpot Cafe

The law of liberty

People may be quoting DrWearWord long after he is gone... :) ...

You’re darn right!!!! These posts are great for showing people what happens when someone goes off the deep end of PFAL gobbledygook! :rolleyes:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You’re darn right!!!! These posts are great for showing people what happens when someone goes off the deep end of PFAL gobbledygook! :rolleyes:

The new testament has revealed it's secrets to us.

And we stand at the eternity's fields looking out over a world that is gone back to the law.

They have scattered each to their own end and they need to be brought back to the unity of the spirit.

It will be this unity that will change this world. It is the recognition of the way of holiness. It will be the truth that has sat in their midsts until the kings stumbled and the idols were thrown down and love reigned over the land.

Love fostered by the liberty of our God.

For if God is only behind the law of liberty and not the law of sin and death, then God is not responsible for damnation.

So breaking a law does not bring the wrath of God upon you...

Only breaking the law of liberty.

if i may offer a few thoughts...

i dont think that Dr. WW has gone off the deep end of PFAL gobbledygook, per se...

but rather...has entered some deep waters, and mostly only has PFAL as a way to explain his experience of those waters

another way of saying it, perhaps...is that one can genuinely experience a higher/deeper state of mind (as it seems Dr WW has and does)

but is more or less limited to one's established stage of awareness ("standing") to explain it (to others and/or one's self)

and as some may know/believe/understand whatever...that "jacob's ladder" has many such rungs (and not just two or three)

...one of which very strongly favors a specific language set over all others (such as the Bible ala PFAL and/or mere english and such)

btw...welcome to the gsc, Dr. WW

i am enjoying trying to decipher your explanations of the law of liberty

i think you have a lot to say about it that is worthwhile...though it seems it may take a bit of patience on your part and others to relate

+ODD

Edited by sirguessalot

there's not anything to fear

breaking the law of liberty....

you can't escape either heaven or hell

they both catch you eventually

the right state of love is correct wearword

even in hell, cuz you can't get to heaven without it

so many try to run from the devil

though it's God that they are running from

to turn and face both the dark and light

will be eye opening for sure

afraid of the unforgivable sin

when one isn't quite sure what it is anyway

to set one's self up as not touchable by darkness or evil is dangerous

i dont think that Dr. WW has gone off the deep end of PFAL gobbledygook, per se...

but rather...has entered some deep waters, and mostly only has PFAL as a way to explain his experience of those waters

That's why I don't mind a little bit of dialog. I can see a little bit of myself in you, Mr. WW.

My repeated experience has been that 'enlightened souls' that venture off into a one-horse crank are seriously deluded. They often find themselves incapable of full fellowship in a local congregation.

The delusion is that all heaven & earth somehow fit into their one-track box.

That's my impression of WearWord's 'law of liberty' crank.

My repeated experience has been that 'enlightened souls' that venture off into a one-horse crank are seriously deluded. They often find themselves incapable of full fellowship in a local congregation.

The delusion is that all heaven & earth somehow fit into their one-track box.

That's my impression of WearWord's 'law of liberty' crank.

I am just telling you what the word says...

I didn't write the book?

:biglaugh:

Thank God you didn't write the book.

We would be in a hell of a mess.

This is how old vp did it walked in liberty so he could

do what ever to Gods people and say oh i didn't write the book.

Yes people will quote him for a long time what a nut job he was.

I am just telling you what the word says...

I didn't write the book?

:biglaugh:

Actually, you're just telling us what your interpretation of the Bible is. VPW used to say, "I didn't write the book" too – typically VPW-followers are still under the delusion that personal opinion is truth.

It is deceptive thinking that quotes a passage, makes comments about the passage, and then assumes the comments made are the one and only right interpretation of the passage. The typical PFAL student falls for this trick because VPW had a knack for equating his interpretation with Scripture itself – by his most often used phrase "this is what the Word says." …….What the Word says – is very simply – what is stated in the passage – in whatever translation is referenced. Once anyone makes a comment about the passage – we have entered the realm of interpretation – and hopefully the commentary adheres to good hermeneutic principles.

And in regard to applying good intellectual standards, VPW was way below par - that is why he had to couch his assertions in phrases like "this is what the Word says" – in an effort to present his doctrines as unassailable. He would have been a lot more honest if he said, "this is what I think the passage means." What he lacked in scholarship and intellectual honesty he covered up with authoritative sounding BS.

Edited by T-Bone

You are a slave to that which you obey:

Romans 6:11-23 NIV

11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13 Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. 14 For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! 16 Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? 17 But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were entrusted. 18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

19 I put this in human terms because you are weak in your natural selves. Just as you used to offer the parts of your body in slavery to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer them in slavery to righteousness leading to holiness. 20 When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness. 21 What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death! 22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[b] Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 7:14-25 NIV

14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21 So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23 but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Romans 8:1-8 NIV

1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,[a] 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature,[b] God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering.[c] And so he condemned sin in sinful man,[d] 4 in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.

5 Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind of sinful man[e] is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; 7 the sinful mind[f] is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. 8 Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.

The law of God is holy [the moral law which is based on God's character: righteous, loving, truthful, merciful, etc.]. Because of our weakness from sinful corruption – we were powerless to achieve righteousness nor avoid the penalty of breaking this moral law – now, through the work of His Son, we are empowered by the Spirit to obey it.

Edited by T-Bone

another way of saying it, perhaps...is that one can genuinely experience a higher/deeper state of mind (as it seems Dr WW has and does)

but is more or less limited to one's established stage of awareness ("standing") to explain it (to others and/or one's self)

and as some may know/believe/understand whatever...that "jacob's ladder" has many such rungs (and not just two or three)

...one of which very strongly favors a specific language set over all others (such as the Bible ala PFAL and/or mere english and such)

btw...welcome to the gsc, Dr. WW

i am enjoying trying to decipher your explanations of the law of liberty

i think you have a lot to say about it that is worthwhile...though it seems it may take a bit of patience on your part and others to relate

+ODD

I appreciate the warm welcome and I am glad that someone here has considered my point.

One can never go wrong with the law of liberty.

For they will always have the holy spirit on their side.

So what do we do about public beheadings and the law being imposed upon peoples all in the name of God?

Where there is no spirit because the outer law side rules.

I venture to say the meaning of the word terrorist is someone who has taken the law of God over the spirit of God.

Give that some thought and then ask yourself are you a terrorist or a son of God?

Edited by DrWearWord

So what do we do about public beheadings and the law being imposed upon peoples all in the name of God?

Where there is no spirit because the outer law side rules.

I venture to say the meaning of the word terrorist is someone who has taken the law of God over the spirit of God.

Give that some thought and then ask yourself are you a terrorist or a son of God?

Your statements read like nonsense – you pit God's moral law against His own Spirit and promote lawlessness and anarchy. The application of moral law has been transferred to human government. Read Romans 13 and ask yourself whether or not you are an obedient Christian:

Romans 13:1-14 NIV

1 Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4 For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. 6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet,"[a] and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself."[b] 10 Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

11 And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12 The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. 13 Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. 14 Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.[c]

Edited by T-Bone

Your statements read like nonsense – you pit God's moral law against His own Spirit and promote lawlessness and anarchy. The application of moral law has been transferred to human government. Read Romans 13 and ask yourself whether or not you are an obedient Christian:

Romans 13:1-14 NIV

1 Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4 For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. 6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet,"[a] and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself."[b] 10 Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

11 And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12 The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. 13 Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. 14 Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.[c]

Apparently you don't know what "free from the law" means...

It means that our spirits are already judged...

Incorruptible seed.

I will be here to remind you of that...

Saved by grace

You seem to think you can select who YOU want saved.

It doesn't work that way..

You do not set God's moral law. God in his own law of liberty has saved all who believe upon him.

All you want to do is rejudge the spirit again...

Maybe God didn't do a good enough job the first time?

Edited by DrWearWord

I might also mention...

Keeping the straight and narrow is walking in the law of liberty not walking under the law...

NO flesh shall be justified by the deeds of the law...

Romans 3:20

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Good Golly!

I know I'm getting forgetful in my antiquity, but doesn't that playround, merry-go-round, chain link fence stuff sound like it came right out of James Dobson's "Dare To Discipline"?

Ya know, there is an approach to musical improvisation that I like to call "riff playing".

It involves learning a bunch of patented riffs and regurgitating them at places one feels appropriate.

It usually sounds pretty good to the casual listener.

Another approach is to "hear" a phrase in your thinking and then repeat that on your instrument of choice.

This method is similar to what happens in vocal conversation.

Sometimes patented riffs will show up but they are not the focal point of the creative proccess.

For me, at least, I have always found the "hearing" method to be more satisfying than "riff playing".

It's often not as flashy and technically impressive but it always leaves me feeling like I expressed my true self.

Apparently you don't know what "free from the law" means...

It means that our spirits are already judged...

Incorruptible seed.

I will be here to remind you of that...

Saved by grace

You seem to think you can select who YOU want saved.

It doesn't work that way..

You do not set God's moral law. God in his own law of liberty has saved all who believe upon him.

All you want to do is rejudge the spirit again...

Maybe God didn't do a good enough job the first time?

I might also mention...

Keeping the straight and narrow is walking in the law of liberty not walking under the law...

NO flesh shall be justified by the deeds of the law...

Romans 3:20

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Apparently you have some difficulty understanding anything outside a strict adherence to your personal theology. Where in my posts or Scripture references have I said such things? As a matter of fact – after you have erroneously criticized my posts for things that are NOT in there [in your post # 44] – you turn right around and agree with a major point of my posts [in your post # 45].

Things are more productive on threads when everyone discusses points. GSC has discussion forums. Other websites have teaching or preaching forums – which are usually one-way streets – a teacher or preacher disseminates ideas.

Discussion forums are a two-way street :rolleyes: – with a fluid exchange and exploration of ideas. People don't always agree but contributors should be thinking, articulating their own views the best they can and asking for clarification of another's statement where something may be missunderstood.

You seem to possess some knowledge of the Bible, interesting experiences and viewpoint that would be a contribution here – but your posts come across as if you are preaching/teaching/talking at us instead of listening to what other people are saying and responding thoughtfully. This is evident on a number of threads where posters say one thing and provide Scripture reference – you in reply, condemn their points, pronounce spiritual judgments against them – you then turn around and say something that agrees with the sentiment of their posts. You either have a personal agenda and deliberately ignore any input or feedback from people – or misunderstand thoughts/concepts that are not phrased in your terminology.

Personally, I view all GSC folks as equals. Usually there is a great commerce among hearts, a tremendous exchange of wisdom and experiences, a great give-and-take dynamic, a genuine respect…and appreciation of other viewpoints - and everyone benefits in some way. That's been my experience on enjoyable threads – threads where those qualities are present. But that's just my take on things :redface2: .

Welcome to GSC, DrWearWord – I do hope you'll stick around, relax – and enjoy/respect/appreciate the great folks at GSC. Love, peace and freedom, T-Bone :wave:

Edited by T-Bone

well-which is it-

a law of liberty

or

the spirit

try not to stay stuck in phrases

but rather what you have actually experienced

like for example-give an example

so far it's rhetoric without application

applicable concepts

but worded quite narrowly to be a law of liberty

appreciate it.....

I think a lot of it depends on a person's character. Only a godly or righteous person would not intentionally use liberty as a license, or excuse for sin. He who is righteous practices righteousness.

Hmm.. the law wasn't made for the righteous, was it?

It just occurred to me that when I posted my musical analogy, I neglected to mention that a very large part of being about to improvise effectively is developing an ability to listen to what the others are playing without focusing on ones self.