GreaseSpot Cafe

Song of the moment

nandon

Gees I didnt think you'd actually guess- :biglaugh: -Im in the sixth one, the group shot, --- the furthest person on the left, I didnt realize I was so bald looking until I saw the photo.,

easy come easy go--

((((Mstar))),

Isn't it ironic that more often that not, we never feel any older than we did that fleeting moment of time, when in all aspects we were at our very best!!! That bright shining sterling hour of undaunted youth!!!

Then, in the falling away of our youth, we looked into the mirror and what an astonishing affront age has inflicted us with!!! Our earth suits are waxing old and wearing out!!! Strange isn't it???, how our Hearts were made to stay Forever Young and Vital; more Exquisitely Beautiful than ever...constantly and unwaveringly becoming more polished than the finest of all priceless gems!!!

Perhaps GOD in His infinite wisdom and ageless agedness hoped that we, when we arrived at our finite wisdom and twilight age would be finally able to look and see with our hearts where Truth and Beauty Really emanates!!! At long last to finally, see one another as we are seen by GOD...The Searcher of All Hearts!!! Oh the infinite Patience and Wisdom of GOD!!!

You, (((Mstar))) have shown Your age very well and indeed in accordance with GOD's plan!!!

Edited by RainbowsGirl

Forever Young
Ditto to you (((Waysider)))You, also have shown Your age very well and indeed in accordance with GOD's plan!!!Thanks for these songs!!! I love "If You Don't Know Me By Now" - Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes and "Forever Young"...and growing ever younger!!! Edited by RainbowsGirl

((((Mstar))),

Isn't it ironic that more often that not, we never feel any older than we did that fleeting moment of time, when in all aspects we were at our very best!!! That bright shining sterling hour of undaunted youth!!!

Then, in the falling away of our youth, we looked into the mirror and what an astonishing affront age has inflicted us with!!! Our earth suits are waxing old and wearing out!!! Strange isn't it???, how our Hearts were made to stay Forever Young and Vital; more Exquisitely Beautiful than ever...constantly and unwaveringly becoming more polished than the finest of all priceless gems!!!

Perhaps GOD in His infinite wisdom and ageless agedness hoped that we, when we arrived at our finite wisdom and twilight age would be finally able to look and see with our hearts where Truth and Beauty Really emanates!!! At long last to finally, see one another as we are seen by GOD...The Searcher of All Hearts!!! Oh the infinite Patience and Wisdom of GOD!!!

You, (((Mstar))) have shown You age very well and indeed in accordance with GOD's plan!!!

Thank you very much ((((((RG))))).

Ive had a great guide and example, my Dad is 91, he doesnt get wrapped up in distractions and BS but sees clearly exactly what is important and gets wiser and younger every year.

Edited by mstar1

Chas and GeorgeHow about both of His Daughters....each of which make beautiful music together and distinctly separately???

Anoushka Shankar & Norah Jones - Easy

and

The Beatles - Inner light (performed by Jeff Lynne and Anoushka Shankar)

Suo Gan is a traditional Welsh lullaby--Really a beautiful song.

Thanks Geisha

An amazingly haunting and beautiful melody, Here are the lyrics for us Welsh Impaired folks

Suo Gan

Hunan blentyn, ar fy mynwes

Clyd a chynnes ydyw hon

Breichiau mam sy'n dyn amdanat

Cariad mam sy dan fy mron

Ni chaiff dim amharu'th gyntun

Ni wna undyn a thi gam

Huna'n dawel, annwyl bientyn

Huna'n fwyn ar fron dy fam

Huna'n dawel hana huna

Huna'n fwyn y del ei lun

Pam yr wyt yn awr yn gwenum

Gwenu'n dirion yn dy hun

Ai angylion fry sy'n gwenu

Arnat yno'n gwenu'n lion

Titha'u'n gwenu'n ol a huno

Huno'n dawel ar fy mron

Paid ag ofni, dim ond deilen

Gura, gura ar y ddor

Paid aga ofni ton fach unig

Sua, sua ar lan y mor

Huna blentyn nid oes yma

Ddim i roddi iti fraw

Gwena'n dawel ar fy mynwes

Ar yr engyl gwynion draw

To my lullaby surrender

Warm and tender is my breast

Mother's arms with love caressing

Lay their blessing on your rest

Nothing shall tonight alarm you

None shall harm you, have no fear

Lie contented, calmly slumber

On your mother's breast, my dear

Here tonight I tightly hold you

And enfold you while you sleep

Why, I wonder, are you smiling

Smiling in your slumber deep?

Are the angels on you smiling

And beguiling you with charm

While you also smile, my blossom

In my bosom soft and warm?

Have no fear now, leaves are knocking

Gently knocking at our door

Have no fear now, waves are beating

Gently beating on the shore

Sleep, my darling, none shall harm you

Nor alarm you, never cry

In my bosom sweetly smiling

And beguiling those on high

(((Geisha)))) I love the Welsh Lullaby, It is an exquisite expression of Maternal Love with the Welsh and English Words supplied; thank you for supplying the words (((Mstar)))!!! So melodious and haunting without them as you said Mstar. There are so very many richly talented people in this world like John Lennon as well!!! I like this one:

Love - John Lennon

Mstar :) thanks for the lyrics to Suo Gan--so lovely--I had hoped you would see the windows in the clip. Thanks for the reminder of John Lennon's passing. So sad. . . I forgot this year. . . . I usually remember.

So many Lennon Songs that truly ramble through the archives of my mind...Like All of these posted!!! Lennon/McCartney andThe Beatle gave us so much to pnder and enjoy in their lyrics and music!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lennon

Mstar smile.gif thanks for the lyrics to Suo Gan--so lovely--I had hoped you would see the windows in the clip.

I did--I was very moved by that. Im not a church goer but I love working in churches, often I am there while the choir or the organist is practicing while I am installing some window and I think that i have to have the best job in the world.

Thanks for posting all those wonderful songs.

Christmas Music

oh---Ok

Heres a few in different styles--I like 'em both :)

Pretty Paper-Willie Nelson

Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming/The Blessed Son of God--Baylor University Choir

Lo, how a Rose e’er blooming from tender stem hath sprung!

Of Jesse’s lineage coming, as men of old have sung.

It came, a floweret bright, amid the cold of winter,

When half spent was the night.

Isaiah ’twas foretold it, the Rose I have in mind;

With Mary we behold it, the virgin mother kind.

To show God’s love aright, she bore to men a Savior,

When half spent was the night.

This Flower, whose fragrance tender with sweetness fills the air,

Dispels with glorious splendor the darkness everywhere;

True Man, yet very God, from sin and death He saves us,

And lightens every load.

The blessed son of God only

In a crib full poor did lie;

With our poor flesh and our poor blood

Was clothed that everlasting good.

Kyrieleison.

The Lord Christ Jesu, God's son dear,