GreaseSpot Cafe

Song of the moment

nandon

Amazing uke!

I'm working together with a woodworker from the tiny town of Rising Fawn, Georgia, the home of one of my favorite guitar pickers, Norman Blake

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p_YB9SC7AV4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i9YkYWxBWNs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow! That Stevie Wonder song was great! I saw him and the Rolling Stones in 72 and Stevie stoled the show! That's the year Stevie had his hit with Superstition! And that Jeff Beck guy, what a guitarist! I remember him playing the song "I'm Going Down". Saew him with the Jeff Beck Group once. Love that song! So you all don't just talk abot the Way here I see. Good!

So you all don't just talk abot the Way here I see. Good!

Contrary to what they'll tell you there is alot more going on in the world than the way international.

We can listen to James Cotton and dont even have to burn the records anymore round here

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jBeuco0PgJs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Glad you like it tonyz.:). I'm a long standing fan of both myself.

Many of the topics on GS start as a Way-reference kinda deal but that gets old pretty quick IMO. Although some things really do sound better the 1,000 time you hear them - music's a good example.

On the other hand - about 20 years? ago around 1990 or '91, I was driving to work one morning and heard a song, about 1/2 of it, and it really caught my ear. I waited in the car to see if the DJ would say who it was, and I only heard part of something I thought was "Toys in the Attic" - the song used the name "Jenny" throughout, the name of my daughter so it caught my ear- wasn't sure if the song was Toys in the Attic, or the band was named that or what. It reminded my vaguely of Steely Dan too. Later I tried to find it and couldn't. So this was about 20 years ago....I listen to a lot of music but have never heard it again.<br><br>

Every once in awhile I look around to find it, hoping I'll find it through a search online but never have and it's kinda bugged me. I couldn't remember much of the lyrics but if I hear something I tend to never forget it and there's a lot of sounds rolling around up there. (long story). So I assigned a color to it - marine blue - filed it away and figured that was that. <br><br>

I really like Richard Page (Mr. Mr., 3rd Matinee) and tonight on youtube - I ran across the song. It's titled "The Ballad of Jenny Ledge" and is by Toy Matinee. And it's wonderful. Really really wonderful to find this song and hear it. It sounds just like it did 20 years ago, and now - the entire song! So now I know how it starts and ends, much as I remember it ending. It's been kind of weird finally hearing it, sort of a time orientation thingie problem but that's all sorted out now. And sadly, I found out the singer has died, and this was their only release as a band. Great band, great tune. I've listened to it twice now and wanted to share it.<br><br>

Anyway - "The Ballad of Jenny Ledge". Finally.

<br<br>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hRGMEIX1a5Y?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

my last post in this forum. You are God Alone-Phillips, Craig, and Dean; Children of God-Third Day; Dive-Steven Curtis Chapman; and Strong Tower-Kutless. btw, I have joined ExWay Vision and hope to see all of you over there.

my last post in this forum. You are God Alone-Phillips, Craig, and Dean; Children of God-Third Day; Dive-Steven Curtis Chapman; and Strong Tower-Kutless. btw, I have joined ExWay Vision and hope to see all of you over there.

how about some youtube downloads in this forum based on songs I suggested?

saw that earlier either here or on FB/Youtube

I now use Pandora Radio for my music choices.