GreaseSpot Cafe

BAD NEWS

templelady

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Mo! You're an amazing person! It sounds like you're doing great so far. I wish I had your blood pressure.

I think your surgery will go well. Love and peace and health to you.

It’s encouraging to hear about your recovery from the first surgery. We always enjoy reading your posts – so thoughtful, wise, and warm – and missed you while you were gone. Mo, you are in our thoughts and prayers. Love Tonto & T-Bone

((((((( Mo )))))))

Thanks all, I am much calmer today, my Dr here has hopes we can locate a surgeon and have the surgery performed within the next two weeks. Meanwhile I trudge on, 428' today with 112' feet with nothing and the remainder with a cane. I will walk out of here :dance: , I will be healed :love3: , I will return to my life :rolleyes: .

Thanks all, I am much calmer today, my Dr here has hopes we can locate a surgeon and have the surgery performed within the next two weeks. Meanwhile I trudge on, 428' today with 112' feet with nothing and the remainder with a cane. I will walk out of here :dance: , I will be healed :love3: , I will return to my life :rolleyes: .

:eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

Yeah, Mo!! We'll be doing cartwheels before you know it.

Praying for continuing strength and most excellent news like this from you. :knuddel:

• 2 weeks later...

Latest news:

THe doctor who saved my life in February cancelled my appointment today with him because he says that what he sees on the MRI is the aneurysm that he fixed on Feb 10th. He says the MRI is not clear enough and now I have to go in for a special kind of abdominal Cat scan. So now we are waiting for all the authorizations and paperwork to come through so that an appointment can be made lada dee lada dum.

Apparently one of several posibilitis exist

There is indeed another aneurysm right above the first

There is an aneurysm over the first

The first aneurysm has broken free

ther is no aneurysm per se

or................... **put your own guess right here, folks! It's free it's fun! Everyone can play!***********

at any rate I am totally confused and wish that we could get one clear picture that everyone in the medical field could agree about. At this point it would be nice if all the professionals could even agree about what they were seeing much less how to fix it. :asdf:

Edited by templelady

Mo -

You're in my prayers, as always.

One thing...

I'm a little concerned about the time it is taking for them to get you in the hospital for a definitive diagnosis. Is there anyway you can get them to expidite things? Does your hospital or healthcare system have any kind of patient advocate you could contact that would work with the MD's office to push things along?

Thanks everyone.

The problem I face is that I make too much money to qaulify for any governemnt medical assistance and, since I only work part time, I am not eligible for medical insurance through my job. I don't make enough to afford to buy insurance on my own. So I am the person the medical profession dreads--the self pay.

Currently I am hovering at the quarter million mark and that is after paying over $22,000 out of my own pocket, I say this not as a "pity party" but so you will understand that they have to find doctors, and testing facilities who will work with me financially.

There are a lot of good ones here in Anchorage that do just that but there are a lot of people here in Anchorage that are in the same boat as I am financially --so they are swamped and appointments are usually booked several weeks in advance. Couple this with the fact that statistically what they are seeing now only has a 5% chance of rupturing in the next year which makes it a non-emergency by their guidelines -- and you see what I am up against.

Meanwhile, I march onward--working on balance now-- stepping onto squishy mats to mimic snow and wet grass, stepping over bolsters, bending over to pick things up off the floor etc.

Gods biggest problem with me has always been getting me to GRACEFULLY aquiese to HIS time table :who_me:

Quess I get to practice this yet again LOL