GreaseSpot Cafe

PARTY AT CHAS'!!

ChasUFarley

WHO: All y'all!

WHAT: A weenie roast of sorts

WHEN: Sunday, September 2, 2007 at 12 noon (starting)

WHERE: My house - in the beautifuul Lakes Region of NH

HOW: We'll figger that out as we go along...

WHY: Just cuz...

DETAILS: IM me please if you're coming. The bash will be on Sunday but we'll certainly be into having guests at other times if you need to come early or stay late. We have few sleepin' spots here at the house - could put up two or three, comfortably. But there's lots of campgrounds, etc. near by that would be very affordable. PLEASE bring your kids, guitars, musical instruments, etc. - no rain date. We do have a pool - bring your bathing suit and towel - but no promise of the water being warm by then. Bring a dish. BYOB.

You get the idea.

This is serious - we're doing this.

Hope to see you! :wave:

You're a stranger here but once.

Sunday before Labor Day - great idea! Will there be lobstah and clams? Yummmmm.

I'll pm you about nearest airport, etc. With two kids starting college and one starting private school (due to disability - public school not an option) in August, our budget may be stretched too thin then for a trip to the northeast, but I'll get the details and talk to Sudo about it. Sounds like great fun and would love to join y'all.

Also, for those of us flying in, can our BYODish be drinks, paper products, something like that that we can pick up at the nearest WalMart. Or do you mind strangers cooking in your kitchen? Or is there a good take-out place nearby where we could pick up a dish?

Suda

• 2 weeks later...

First off, my sincerest apologies for this but we have to postpone the get-together. We simply cannot do it on Labor Day weekend as we've got some family issues we're dealing with right now. The short version of the issue is that hubby has an elderly aunt who is in the hospital but needs to be placed in a nursing home. She's not in good health, has no insurance, and we don't seem to have two family members who can agree on anything right now. We're not sure what the next couple of weeks will bring. It's been a very stressful past few weeks for our family and we simply don't have the time/resources to put into hosting a large group of people properly. I'd rather postpone this event than be a crappy hostess.

Anyhow, I'm very sorry for this but we will do this - we just can't do it on 9/2. We appreciate your understanding and patience - we had no idea this was going to happen. Perhaps something in the fall or near the holidays... We're too maxed out right now.

Thank you for understanding.

--krista