GreaseSpot Cafe

perfume suggestions

penguin

Hi all. I have been wearing white diamonds perfume for 12 years and would like to try something else. I tend to like perfumes not over-powering. Anyone have suggestions? Please not too pricey ones. Thanks! :)

(It's for our romantic cruise in a month!)

Being an oldie but goodie, I tend to stick with the classics. I curerntly wear "Beautiful" by Estee Lauder. I also like Anais Anais, which is lighter, and I like the original Oscar de la Renta, and the original fragrance by Ralph Lauren, which I think is called simply Lauren and comes in a square dark red bottle.

Just a few suggestions. There are a lot of new ones out there that probably don't cost as much. Eddie Bauer has a couple of nice fragrances for women, also.

WG

I have a really light and airy scent that is a classic. It is L'AIR DU TEMPS. When we were in Hilton Head we found a fabulous place that makes VERY good colonges etc. at a fraction of the price. I used to but the name brands but I have not for 10 years because these are so well made. They are the same formulas but different label..it says type on the label. They have a vast selection and here is the #1 800 357 7866. They ship and even will gift wrap if needed at no extra charge. I do not like cheap smelling stuff so I think you will enjoy this place.

Hope you like it.

If you live in a place where you can easily find a Clinique booth, my very best favorite lately is "Happy". Don't make your judgment based on a spray on your hand....let it dry and work with your body a short while...maybe 15 minutes. It's not over powering. Calyx by Prescriptives is also good, but if you select this, purchase a small quantity if you won't use up the container in a year or so because I found that it tended to turn after that (or my skin did)

If it were me - - I would get both...and use Happy during the day and Calyx at nitght. Do some experimenting with each...a little goes a long way.

I used to always smell like carburetor cleaner and brake fulid. Then it was asphalt and maybe a bit of mastic. Now it's usually subfloor adhesive or maybe some ABS cement.

Who'd want ot cover up such lovely fragrances with something phoney?

(who still has an unopened bottle of "Brut" in the medicine chest for about the last 17 years)

I have always been a fan and notice it when it is worn is musk. My favorite is white shoulders. Every label IMO should say that the perfume you don yourself with should not ANNOUNCE your arrival but be subltle. Why girls bathe themselves with perfumes is beyond me when a simple bath would suffice with wisp of the perfume they want to be noticed by.

My all time favorite for a woman is a kind called "Jonyu". I love that scent! But, my old girlfriend is the one who used to wear it, and I made the mistake of telling my wife that when I bought her some. And of course, she won't wear it. And of course, it was a bad ide on my part. Scents bring back memories, and that is a memory that has no place in my marriage. BUT, for those of you who haven't experienced the aroma of Jontu, maybe you'd like it.

And, I always love the scent of a freshly showered woman. I love the smell of their freshly washed hair. Strangely, last month, one of the girls I work with had come to work and her hair was still wet from her morning shower. Not that that was strange, but on an impulse, as she walked by me, I said; "Hey come here, I want to smell your hair". And she did, and I took a deep whiff, and it was very nice, and I told her so. And she smiled and said; "Thanks!" And then I walked away, bewildered that I'd do that. But, I do think that it made her day...

Another nice scent is Jessica McClintock..not heavy.

This is a bit off topic...does anyonre have a bottle or partial bottle of a colonge from perhaps the 70's or whenever called WILD MEADOW ? It was made by Shulton co. and they are out of business. I did find a partial bottle at a tag sale in the 90's and it was good. It was not an expensive item.

I am interested in buying it. A friend checked ebay and no go.

Please let me know .

Thanks,

Ariel