GreaseSpot Cafe

ADVANCED CLASS 1977

act2

I just found my picture of us from 1977, 30 years ago last month we were in Emporia, KS.

I will try to post it but it may be too big. Ok I think it is too big.

Ah, you can host it on an external website (like Photobucket or Imageshack),

and post a link to it here.

Or you can shrink the image using Photoshop or the GIMP or something,

but I think we'd be better served with the full-size image.

(Or you can use them to trim out the borders, or both.)

Wordwolf, I did sign up for photobucket this morning, after I tried it the first time. It has been in the unloading process for about 15 minutes. Is that normal for a 5 x 7 picture? This is the 2nd time I tried to unload it from photobucket as the first time it seemed to be stuck on uploading.

Wordwolf, I did sign up for photobucket this morning, after I tried it the first time. It has been in the unloading process for about 15 minutes. Is that normal for a 5 x 7 picture? This is the 2nd time I tried to unload it from photobucket as the first time it seemed to be stuck on uploading.

Let's see....

if you're not on dialup, then something's wrong.

If you're on dialup, that's STILL way too slow.

I'd see about editing the picture down a little, and seeing if that helps.

IIRC, about 1/2 an hour is the timeframe for about SIX GIANT DIGITAL pictures to load up to most online

photo galleries on DIALUP speeds. So, a GIANT DIGITAL picture should be less than 15 minutes.

I doubt your image there is QUITE that "big" (both in size and in density of image, which both affect the

size of the file, and it's the overall filesize that affects the upload speed.)

Maybe you should try Imageshack.

========

Then again,

maybe you can email it to someone on staff here or something,

since this website HAS A PHOTO GALLERY.

I don't know how it works, but this site hosts the images.

Wordandwrks, ours was by the lake also.

It is now in my gallery.

Great pic. I was in a different branch, but I know (or knew) at least 3 or 4 of the girls in your picture. Which one is you?

I'm thinking about where mine is. I know I saw it recently, I'll take a look for it and scan and post it when I find it.

Edited by wrdsandwrks

I saw a 9th corps redhead in there acts2 ... not sure of anyone else ...

we sure knew a lot of twi in those days ... moving every year, new groups ...

there is probably only one or two degrees of seperation for twits from back in the late 70's. :)

If you don't know them, you at least know someone that knows them ...

Oh, ex, you are so sweet. Yeah, foreknowledge, right!!! Laziness is more like it. Just packed that stuff up in airtight containers and moved it from AR to TN to KY. I have made over $750.00 on ebay. My sister has made almost $200.0 so far and I have listed several items yesterday and today.

rhino, I see 2 redheads in that picture. Seems like the curly redhead and I spent some time together. Do you ever go to the Red Geranium in New Harmony? I have been once but may go again when my cousin and her mom come up. Don't you live close to there?

And this hat that I am wearing in my avatar just sold for $56.01 this morning and included a matching purse and 2 hat pins. Yes!!!

Edited by act2

way to go Acts2 ... on ebay ...

yeah, the curly haired red was 9th ... I actually remember her rolling her eyes at a lead gal trying to instruct her on how to use 3 tp squares, funny since that was spoken of in some thread here LOL

Red Geranium? New Harmony? I'm west central Illinois, we have geraniums but not much hominy ;)

Edited by rhino

That was my AC. Mens branch 26. When we were doing retemories, I held up our branch sign high to get called on. Also during that class, at the end of a break, the camara operator asked me to sit in VPW's chair so he could get a fix or focus or something. The Indy guy I came with, Bill Barton, who was watching the class from downstairs because he had taken it before, came running up to find out if i ws really gonna teach that session!

Also from Indy we had Good Seed there for entertainment. And not all of their entertainment was music.

Cool, wrdsandwrks!!! I pictured you as a blonde. Love that long hair too. I had long hair till I graduated from high school. Can't remember why I cut it but I did.

Thanks for posting your pic.

rhino, I thought one time you said you lived near the IL/IN line. New Harmony is near the IL line but in IN. I guess I am confusing you with someone else.

Red Geranium is a very nice restaurant in New Harmony.

I was there, I will have to find some pics also,

I do not recall what branch I was in.............this is kinda fun!!!!!

I was there, I will have to find some pics also,

I do not recall what branch I was in.............this is kinda fun!!!!!

It's kinda like a 30 yr. online reunion.

Thanks for starting this Act2.

How about those 70s clothes, huh? Bell bottoms and lots of hair.

way to go Acts2 ... on ebay ...

yeah, the curly haired red was 9th ... I actually remember her rolling her eyes at a lead gal trying to instruct her on how to use 3 tp squares, funny since that was spoken of in some thread here LOL

Karen Livedal**n

I don't even know how to spell her last name, but she was from Co. and her brother Gary was in my WOW branch in 75 and I believe in the same WOW fam w Fellowshipper who posts here sometimes. He had the same cool curly red hair.

Hey there. How about those clothes and hair???!!! heehee.. Karen did not sign the back of my picture. For some reason, I thought she did. Anyway, it has been fun thinking about 30 years ago... I was sent to MD on my wow year so 30 years ago I was waiting tables for a living.... YIKES!!!

Say a little prayer for SHIRLEY my 51 year old sister in law who was rushed to the hospital this afternoon for a possible aneurism (SP). Thanks. Should know more in a couple of hours.

Ya knowI look at some of these old photos that are posted from time to time thinking that surely I will recognize someone.I(almost) never do.It's then that I begin to realize how much bigger this "Wacky Way Thing" was than I ever really knew.I don't know why that thought struck me but strike me it did.Still, seeing the hairstyles and clothing fashions manages to stir up feelings of nostalgia.It all reminds me of this song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep7uySNpUyw

Well the more I got to thinking I realized I was at PFAL 77 therefore had a mixed gender in our Branch,

But at the Advanced Class in 79 we met in in womens groups.

Needless to say I have pics from both including a huge panograph (if that.s what you call it) from PFAL 77.