GreaseSpot Cafe

Time to Brag Again...

doojable

Okay - I get to brag...

I got a text today from The Original Dooj (henceforth known as TOD)

"I got first place for my Imagination Celebration design!"

Several texts later ...(Wow!, Cool!, When do I get to see it?, etc. etc....) I got a call from her on her lunch break. She apparently didn't win for the district but took first place for her school. This is a big deal for her. Usually the winning designs get posted on buses around town. I'm not sure if this is the case this year. There is a special presentation on Nov 6. I'll get photos and post when I can.

As for her sister.... Heeeee

I got a letter in the mail telling me that she has achieved academic excellence and has been accepted for an entry in a national "Who's Who of Middle School Students."

I'm so excited for them! To say I'm proud would be an understatement.

Bravo and CONGRA12.gif((((((Doojie,))))))))))!

Keep crowing it is very hard work being a Great Mom!

They will probably have to submit You for "Mother of The Year"! You must of laid a Great and Loving Supportive and Enriching foundation for Your "Little Princesses"!

I'll be waiting for all the other ongoing Encores!

Okay - I get to brag...

I got a text today from The Original Dooj (henceforth known as TOD)

"I got first place for my Imagination Celebration design!"

Several texts later ...(Wow!, Cool!, When do I get to see it?, etc. etc....) I got a call from her on her lunch break. She apparently didn't win for the district but took first place for her school. This is a big deal for her. Usually the winning designs get posted on buses around town. I'm not sure if this is the case this year. There is a special presentation on Nov 6. I'll get photos and post when I can.

As for her sister.... Heeeee

I got a letter in the mail telling me that she has achieved academic excellence and has been accepted for an entry in a national "Who's Who of Middle School Students."

I'm so excited for them! To say I'm proud would be an understatement.

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

How wonderful, for them first, and for you tooooooo. You must be floating on air being so proud of them youngsters. :dance:

Thanks Rocky! I'm thankful every day for these two. In a way, they complete me. It's great to get to see them blossoming right before my eyes.

Children help put life in perspective. So many things that seem so important pale in comparison, yet so many other things gain significance because I want them to be more have more, do more than I ever accomplished.

• 3 weeks later...

An update on both girls:

I just got this regarding my younger daughter:

Dear Dooj's daughter and Parents,

It is with great pleasure to inform you that Dooj's daughter's biography has been approved for listing in the upcoming edition of Who's Who Registry of Academic Excellenceâ„¢. Dooj's daugher's biography will now appear along side thousands of other top students throughout the United States. Dooj's daughter is also now eligible to compete for one of many scholarships which will be awarded at the end of the school year.

And on TOD:

On the Tuesday following the BBQ, we went to recieve her reward. She got a trophy, a medal, a certificate, a check for $75.00, and hugh kudos.

The director of Fine Arts for the school district has known about TOD since she was in grade school. She commented on the fact that TOD has been impressing her for years.

It's been a great month for both girls. For me...well, I've always been proud of them.

Edited by doojable

That is awesome!

Tell TOD that she is amazing (of course she knows all of that). And and please thank her for her "parental" advice concerning my own road rat, it was most helpful.

Please extend hello's to your other wonderful daughter as well.

Edited by Eyesopen