GreaseSpot Cafe

Patriots-Colts

Bolshevik

Two great QBs and two very good teams. I love it when these two teams meet. The Pats had two other highly anticipated games this year and neither really lived up to the hype (San Diego/Dallas). Pats lost both meetings with Indy last year,but the NE is better this year than last: Moss, Staleworth, welker etc. I expect a nail-biter in a week and half.

anyone else looking forward to this? Will it be a QB showdown?

Two great QBs and two very good teams. I love it when these two teams meet. The Pats had two other highly anticipated games this year and neither really lived up to the hype (San Diego/Dallas). Pats lost both meetings with Indy last year,but the NE is better this year than last: Moss, Staleworth, welker etc. I expect a nail-biter in a week and half.

anyone else looking forward to this? Will it be a QB showdown?

Yes, I predict that I will neither watch the game nor give a hoot. Baseball's over, it's time to grieve! :wink2::biglaugh:

It's coming up this weekend and I'm kind of torn... I want a good game though and I don't think we'll be disappointed.

I have Randy Moss as one of my receivers on my fantasy team so I want him to do well... but I also have Joseph Addai and Dallas Clark so I want them to do well...

I don't care who wins as long as it's high scoring!!! :biglaugh: (and it should be)

I just finished watching the game. A nail-biter until near the end. The Colts played very well, or so it seemed. Their running back just chewed up the defense of the Pats. I was happy with the final result, as I like the Pats. Brady seemed very methodical at the end of the game, engineering the comeback and victory. The defense also seemed to play tougher in the 4th quarter, finally getting to Manning.

It'll be nice to see the Pats go undefeated.

Per

I find Brady to be a curiosity...he seems to have that intangible quality of doing whatever is necessary to win...as a Buffalo Bills fan, I have to acknowledge the obvious and admire him.

yeah groucho, he really does seem to "have it" doesn't he? I'm also amazed at how poised and thoughtful his answers are while getting all kinds of leading questions from the media... he never stumbles... he was either born very humble and gifted or he's had great coaching in all of the phases... and above all, he has the killer instinct but doesn't seem to have a panic mode...

I look forward to their next game (probably later this year)...

Bonjour Messieurs Strange et Graucho!

Bumpy predicts there could be an upset by my “boys” in Up-State New York for the next Pats game! The odds are ?? and all the football world knows it’s a long shot. But ‘them’ Bills are on a streak and game time is prime time in the world of chicken wings and beef on wick! :dance:

Had dinner with Marv Levy a few weeks ago which was interesting, and that was when the streak against the Jets began. So who knows the odds for the show, but The Ralph will be a rockin’...too bad I’m back in France! <_<

Senor Bump... I'm thinking that there are probably no less than 31 teams (and teams of fans) out there that hope that your prediction will come true... not to mention a bunch of old guys down in Miami...

Not much into "perfect seasons" even if Tom Brady makes the girls a little whet. But the perfect storm could be lake effect and 80 thousand going crazy in Orchard Park!

Yeah... and it was fun watching them (the Orchard Park faithful) writhe in agony a few Mondays ago when the Tony Romo tried every way possible to give them the game... and when they did nothing with it... he (and the Cowboys) took it back! :biglaugh:

IMO the only difference between the Pats and the other "good teams" is that they have found a way to play at 95% to 100% efficiency all of the time while the others can only do that some of the time... I have no doubts that they can be beaten, it'll just take a team playing up to their level (or them playing down)...

Edited by Tom Strange

Yeah... and it was fun watching them (the Orchard Park faithful) writhe in agony a few Mondays ago when the Tony Romo tried every way possible to give them the game... and when they did nothing with it... he (and the Cowboys) took it back! :biglaugh:

IMO the only difference between the Pats and the other "good teams" is that they have found a way to play at 95% to 100% efficiency all of the time while the others can only do that some of the time... I have no doubts that they can be beaten, it'll just take a team playing up to their level (or them playing down)...

Well Tom, I was in Seattle that Monday night and it of course all came back to "wide right" and another 3 Super Bowl losses for the rust belt crowd. It may be a curse, I don't know, but for me it wasn't fun watching because the fans in Buff are real die hards in the truest sense of the meaning (don't forget how it was in bean town before 2004!).

Anyway, you're right about the Patriots, they'll be real hard to beat. But never forget the "injury" question. Buffalo's been hit hard the whole year and one or two bangs on the Brady bunch, things could change fast!

starman... you and the NE crowd enjoy this little ride you're on... it's a cyclical, or seems to be.... but you should enjoy it... just try not to gloat too much!

the pats are doing something special... keep your fingers crossed.

the celtics adding Garnett? ...the smartest thing they (and him) have done in a long time...

BoSox we've already talked about...

Does anyone even pay attention to the Bruins anymore?

Enjoy... while it lasts...

I waited a long long long long long long long long long long long time for these days, that during most of my life I thought would never ever really come except as part of a dreamscape which i would wake out of and be back to where I was.

Oft times I wonder if Im really awake and need to be pinched. I am enjoying it..... every second of it,. If I fall into gloating straighten me out--I dont mean it, I was on that other side of the fence for along time..I know what it feels like---I havent forgotten---Im just thankful that this is all happening in my lifetime

Edited by mstar1

Almost

At least it was close

:wink2:

Like I said, it’s tough, very tough, being a Bills fan! Good thing I don’t have to watch them over here play like that either, (however I did plug into the “low lights” over tea). Obviously, the volume of the results was a little astonishing, even by my standards!

Let’s hope the markets don’t react as much in the next few sessions?