GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI ABS Still Hard at Work

Belle

What's in a name?

But another setback came in August, when attorneys for The Way International wrote to Howe demanding that the church change its name.

Followers of the international group consider themselves Christians, but hold some beliefs outside orthodox Christianity. According to the online encyclopedia Wikipedia, they believe Jesus is God's son, but not God.

The letter came just as the local church was about to launch a new Web site and a marketing campaign. Lacking the funds to defend the name in court, Howe agreed to change it.

Organizers had chosen the name from the Bible. "I am the way," Jesus says of himself in the gospel of John.

They should be thankful! Now they might not be associated with those crazies at twi.

I wish twi would actually spend some of their energy and resources trying to make the lives of the people under them better than making the lives of their people... AND OTHERS miserable.

This makes me so sick. It speaks so LOUD about their real motives and intents............how TWI doesn't just distance itself from '' the unbelievers'', it wants to make darn sure it separates itself from other ''Christians"..........You wonder why everyone else calls them a cult still...

isolated

hiding

wormy

cold

secretive

elitist

under-rock dwellers

pompous

?????????????????????????

I agree Nero...................why don't YOU WAY folks (big wigs) do some REAL GOOD in the world?????

Stop wasting time and money on frivilous law suits to make you look ''important''. Make some real contributions for ''GOD"...................it's just beyond their comprehension............

just ridiculous :asdf:

"TWI", n. def. a type of tic that attaches itself to the hind parts of anything passing by. Known to bite and cause irritation of the stinger is not removed immediately. syn. parasite. Word origin: Latin, Twitanus, used of small opportunistic animals, weasels, etc.

Here are the first paragraphs of an old Way Magazine article by VPW. I wonder how they justify this action with the founding presidents opposite view?

The_Way.pdf

Thanks WhiteDove.

Followers of The Way

From a follower of The Way I received a copy of an article with the above caption.

Naturally I was interested and I know you must be also. I have noted in my teaching travels across the country that there are a number of groups who refer to themselves as "The Way".

I just recently heard of a radio broadcast called "The Way". I have a small publication in my office which is being circulated rather widely in northern Ohio, published by a group called "The Way".

It is such a wonderful name and everyone who is a Christian is entitled to call himself "The Way"

Well there ya have it -----

Docvic said it --

I believe it -- (woops -- that doesn't belong in there!!!)

THAT SETTLES IT! ;)

I agree with his statement 100%. Too bad the *fine folks* at hdqtrs are too busy protecting the name they think they *own*, instead of heeding what the founding prez said -- albeit long ago. I guess they are too busy protecting the shell that has protected them, fed them, clothed them, and enriched them -- instead of really being the *teaching, research, and fellowship ministry* they purport to be.

David

God first

Beloved Belle and others

God loves you my dear friend

WOW maybe I can sue new children given the first name of "Roy" no I think not that would not be a loving thing to do

seems like the Way cult might want to sue other groups called cults

were is the love in all this sueing

maybe they make more money turning the grounds into a pig farm because they could raise a lot of pigs in that big temple building

then there that water falls with a idol of VPW near bye for the pigs to rug on

just the way I think they can get money raising pigs

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Edited by year2027

Someone should send a copy of that article to that little church.

This just makes das vey look like vindictive Buttcheese as I see it.

Are their attorneys minimum wage staffers or are they paying the $250 an hour that my attorney charges me in my business? I'm sure they could sue everyone in the US that calls himself a follower of the Way if it's some staffers. Maybe if something like this someday hit the front page of the NY Times or possibly the Wall street journal it would put enormous strain on das vey of Dea... whoops I mean the TWI.

They are true idiots - in it only for themselves and their lust for power.

Here are the first paragraphs of an old Way Magazine article by VPW. I wonder how they justify this action with the founding presidents opposite view?

The_Way.pdf

If you (or anyone else who has a copy of this article) can scan the entire page and send it to me, we'll get it on the front page of GS. Color would be good. Also need volume number and date of the magazine (to properly document the source and ensure fair-use copyright privileges).

Despite their millions.. they are a piddly second-rate organization.. a little fish in a big sea.

Maybe they should keep it up.. they'll get the attention of some big bruiser of an organization to beat the snot out of them just for the principle of the thing..

Why don't they go after these folks ?

http://www.churchoftheway.com

http://www.tcotw.org

http://www.pcotw.org/

I wonder who has the most $$ for attorneys ......

It seems that they only go after the small fry that they can bully.

Wow!

Impressive sites, too. Not lame like TWI's. The people look like they live in this century.

I'm wondering if the www.tcotw.org guys could sue TWI - they seem to have had the name longer and there are some eery similarities between the two.

Lots of differences, too, as these folks seem to be continuing to grow and to really be helping folks.

MOMENTS IN TIME THAT HAVE FORMED US

A group of Bible College students held tent meetings near our present location.

Construction began on Sherman Way, now The Prayer Chapel.

A charter was granted—the First Foursquare Church of Van Nuys.

Rev. and Mrs. Howard Carson had faithfully pastored the Van Nuys Foursquare Church for ten years, but a serious illness required them to take a season off to recover. So, Jack Hayford was asked if he would temporarily “help out on weekends and with the midweek services” ...

Later, that autumn, the Lord gave us our slogan name: “The Church On The Way.” There was steady growth and in two years’ time the congregation increased in number to about 100.

The first Saturday evening of the year, Pastor Jack was about to leave the church and noticed the sanctuary was filled with a silvery mist. There was no natural explanation for it. His mind probed for an answer: “This isn’t dust or smog, is it?” But in his heart, he knew and the Lord confirmed his conviction, “It is what you think it is.” It was the Shekinah Glory, the radiant, visible Presence of the Lord of which the Bible speaks. He was deeply moved by the words that followed: “I have given My glory to dwell in this place.” The next morning, there were more than 160 worshipers in the service! There had been no special promotion or program to explain this sudden increase.

The attendance exceeded 3,500, requiring five services every Sunday. The burgeoning congregation was in the process of building a new sanctuary (The Living Room), which God had spoken would be a “Fountainhead” of blessing to the City and World. During the construction, the congregation prayed over the site, planted Bibles in the foundation, and wrote scriptures on the walls.

.........Having this additional space enabled the fulfillment of Pastor Jack’s vision to have a formal Bible training institute, and The King’s Institute was born and has now developed into The King’s College and Seminary, offering both undergraduate and graduate degrees.

In June, during our annual Conference On Spirit-Filled Living, the Holy Spirit spoke prophetically through Joy Dawson, Pastor Jack, and Pastor Jim Tolle that we were entering a new season at The Church On The Way—The NEW Church On The Way.

From the day that God’s glory was given, there has been an extraordinary ongoing work of grace at The Church On The Way. Lives have been changed, bodies healed, homes rescued, people delivered, truth perceived, love outpoured, leadership raised up, and ministry sent forth around the globe.

The vision, ministry, and impact continues!

Perhaps twi just had their attorney send a letter ... that would be rather cheap intimidation.

Well wasn't there a guy that sued God recently? And I think the guy held public office.

Maybe JC will sue everyone that falsely claims to be "the way".

Somehow this reminds me of that Johnny Cash song ...

My name is SUE ...

How Do You DOOOO?

Interesting. One can critize them, slander them, defame them in writing (on the Internet and in newsprint) - accuse them of doing all sorts of evil deeds and TWI turns a deaf ear, ignores what you say and won't take any action against you. However you start up your own ministry and call it: The Way (or something suggesting your ministry is The Way) and their lawyers will be on you in a New York Minute!

I guess that tells you where their real priorities lie.

Interesting. One can critize them, slander them, defame them in writing (on the Internet and in newsprint) - accuse them of doing all sorts of evil deeds and TWI turns a deaf ear, ignores what you say and won't take any action against you.

likely because the vast majority, something like 99.9% of the events can be documented.

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

:P

I'm jest messin' with ya, WD. It's 5:00 on a Friday - first round's on me!

:beer::beer::beer:

Oh good ... this is an official drinking thread now ... it was pretty silly to start with ...

I just read this ... under worst drinking stories ...

In 1805, British Admiral Horatio Nelson was killed during the Battle of Trafalgar off the coast of Spain. Most sailors were simply put to rest at sea, but as an admiral, Nelson had to be brought back to England for an official burial. To preserve his body during the voyage home, the second-in-command stored Nelson's body in the ship's vat of rum and halted all liquor rations to the crew. Not a bad idea, but when the ship reached port, officials went to retrieve Nelson's body and found the vat dry.

Disregarding good taste (in every sense), the crew had been secretly drinking from it the entire way home. After that, naval rum was referred to as Nelson's Blood.

when I go, I'll get cremated, and have a little of me added to each bottle of wine ... then I'll have a bottle shipped to each of you fine friends here ... rhino wine ...

second round is on rhino ... but please give a solemn salute to the Admiral :beer:

oh, and white dove, it was all good ... really ...

Edited by rhino

Where do you find these things?? And who documents them? And why was I not invited to help with the research???

Oh I so hope if there's ever another party like Admiral Edward Russell's that I'm invited to it!

Oh, Waiter, next round, please!

bartender.jpg

Interesting. One can critize them, slander them, defame them in writing (on the Internet and in newsprint) - accuse them of doing all sorts of evil deeds and TWI turns a deaf ear, ignores what you say and won't take any action against you. However you start up your own ministry and call it: The Way (or something suggesting your ministry is The Way) and their lawyers will be on you in a New York Minute!

I guess that tells you where their real priorities lie.

Actually, disagreeing with them produces reactions, and always has.

Never produces open dialogue-it produces attempts to suppress instead.

Write a paper saying "adultery is wrong"?

The powers-that-be say "anyone who reads it will get possessed!"

Point out they're kicking out Mrs W from the home she lived in, after twi got her farm

and her lifelong devotion?

NOW they want to make an official response- but before they wanted to do it secretly...

Oh good ... this is an official drinking thread now ... it was pretty silly to start with ...

I just read this ... under worst drinking stories ...

In 1805, British Admiral Horatio Nelson was killed during the Battle of Trafalgar off the coast of Spain. Most sailors were simply put to rest at sea, but as an admiral, Nelson had to be brought back to England for an official burial. To preserve his body during the voyage home, the second-in-command stored Nelson's body in the ship's vat of rum and halted all liquor rations to the crew. Not a bad idea, but when the ship reached port, officials went to retrieve Nelson's body and found the vat dry.

Disregarding good taste (in every sense), the crew had been secretly drinking from it the entire way home. After that, naval rum was referred to as Nelson's Blood.

when I go, I'll get cremated, and have a little of me added to each bottle of wine ... then I'll have a bottle shipped to each of you fine friends here ... rhino wine ...

second round is on rhino ... but please give a solemn salute to the Admiral :beer:

oh, and white dove, it was all good ... really ...

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/cannibal/tapping.asp

This story, which probably isn't true, is where the British get the saying

"tapping the Admiral".