GreaseSpot Cafe

Think TWI has Changed?

Belle

Excerpted from one of their very slow public forums where they are bashing homosexuality and promoting abortions....

First off, I was a way believer the first 20 years of my life; since I was born in 1979 until I left in 1999....

Several things happened to me during my Way Disciple year that finally broke the camel's back. I am not going to get into all the gory details, because there is no profit to it, but needless to say I couldn't take it anymore.

It took me a long time to get back to the true heart of God.

... i met with the state coordinator first to tell him what I had been through, why i left and to hear what he had to say about how the ministry had changed. The meeting went well and I attended a fellowship to see for myself.

It was weird. There was no one my age (28) they were all at least 50 or older, and they were a little too lovey dovey for my taste. It was almost saccharine (sp?). It made me feel uncomfortable. I understand people being nice and welcoming but this was just too much.... anywhoo... I wanted to go back to fellowship because I wanted to go home. This is the only thing I have ever known and it wasn't always the way it was when I left. I do remember when TWI was sweet, and loving and godly. I was told that TWI was trying to get back to that sweetness, and from what I saw and have seen, heard, and read from several believers, it has. But when I attended the fellowship, it didn't feel like home, and something I can't quite put my finger on has kept me from going back again.

I do have several unresolved issues with the people and ministers that "hurt" me (to put it lightly) and I have endeavored to get in contact with as many of them as possible to resolve these issues. The thing i keep getting met with is, "We are people, and people make mistakes." I have to say that this bugs the dang outta me.

... Is everyone (in this group) of the mind-set "Forgive and Forget"? "They were just people, and people make mistakes"? Is there anyone (in this group) that thinks they should be held accountable for their actions and at the very least apologize if not try to make amends?

What would you say to this poor young lady?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is everyone (in this group) of the mind-set "Forgive and Forget"Nooooooooooo not most former affiliates and even some now affiliates!? "They were just people, and people make mistakes"? Is there anyone (in this group) that thinks they should be held accountable for their actions and at the very least apologize if not try to make amends? Yes! and Amen!!

Can a leopard change it's spots Belle! Everything they know is too ingrained in them. Some have reprobate minds, Some have no other place they think they can go, Some are greedy for filthy lucre! Whatever their reasons it is as sad as it is sickening!

Did you see one of the replies?

FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN YOU HAVE HIT WHAT I CALL THE GERIATRIC OUTREACH GROUP... YOU MIGHT WANT TO LOOK IN GETTING COMUNITY SERVICE HOURS FOR ATTENDING THAT FELLOWSHIP.... HA HA HA LET ME SEE... YOU GUYS ALL EAT JELLO FOR REFRESHMENTS AFTER FELLOWSHIP AND YOU ALL GO TO BINGO ON TUESDAY NIGHTS..... J/K THAT REALLY SUCKS... AND I CAN SEE WHY YOU WOULD GET CREEPED OUT BY GOING TO THAT FELLOWSHIP.... ITS LIKE GOING TO A FAMILY REUNION AND ONLY YOUR GRANDPARENTS ARE THERE...(EXCEPT YOUR NOT RELATED TO ANY OF THEM... YIKES!!!) BUT, CAN YOU BLAME THEM FOR BEING SWEET... THATS WHAT OLD PEOPLE DO... HELL, THEY DON'T EVEN REMEMBER WHERE THEY ARE HALF THE TIME SO THEY FIGURE HEY IF IM NICE TO THE GAL MAYBE SHE CAN POINT ME IN THE DIRECTION OF MY HOUSE AFTER ALL THIS IS OVER

:biglaugh:

Interesting.. I wonder if the kid is an innie.. sounds like it anyway..

I imagine that his opinion would be pretty typical.

The "old geezers" are really "confronting the world" with da word.. between naps that is..

What a has been of an organization..

I think the ONLY reason they have ANY young, fresh upcoming talent hanging around.. is that they are sitting a tidy pile of cash.. holding it ransom for love and "affection"..

young, if you call well over thirty something young, mundanehands hanging around, vying for some kind of coup..

the ONLY way he's gonna get it.. continue to kiss more than a few rather plump, wrinkled, geriatric rears.. much, and often..

until they're old enough sign off on something they don't have the mental acuity to know what they're signing.. old enough to dump somewhere, and forget where they came from..

more of the same reply..

YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN THAT YOU HAVE WON THE JACKPOT FELLOWSHIP OF GEEZERS. IT BLOWS BUT, IT CAN BE FIXED ASK AROUND AND SEE ABOUT SOME OTHER FELLOWSHIPS IN THE AREA... MAYBE BE WILLING TO TRAVEL AND GO OUTSIDE YOUR ZONE...

"Jackpot fellowsip of Geezers"?

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Yeah.. maybe there's "something" "available" if you are willing to travel outside your zone.. maybe three states away. There's always the few, the elite "younger" crowd in the 150 mile zone, patiently waiting for the "geezers" to die off, so they can do something..

sheesh..

I wonder if the guy really knows the eyes of us strange, eerie internet things are upon him..

What would you say to this poor young lady?

I understand the desire to go home, even if it is TWI. That was the only home that she ever knew. But I would ask exactly what she was expecting to find. How did she view or remember home? If she remembers some loving, caring and nurturing environment I would wonder if she had been living with blinders on or was perhaps too young to really see the cancer behind the smiles.

The bottom line remains that any organization that promotes hate and murder cannot be spiritually healthy. Maybe her "home" only existed as she remembers it in her own mind. She could be trying to return to something that didn't really exist and that is why she is having trouble finding it.

That is what I would say to her, or something like it. I feel for her as she sounds kind of lost.

Did you reply to her?

Well, you have to remember that there were "pockets of humanity" in TWI, maybe even through the 90's. Perhaps this person was lucky enough to be in a fellowship where the leader had the courage (or sense) to ward off most of the terror from "above."

More to her point, though, just saying, "We're people" doesn't excuse anything. Saying, "I did so-and-so, and it was wrong. I apologize" would be much better.

George

I did..

hehehe...silly squirrel! No really...did you respond to her? If so what did you tell her. I can't even look at the site 'cause my work puter blocks it.

As for the youngster with the "what do you expect their old people" opinion...he'll be old some day and nature will let him know just how ignorant he sounded.

Well.. since you asked..

Someone famous said "you can't go home.." but I think you can make one.

I'd go anywhere, as far and as fast from New Knoxville that my legs, car, or bus could carry me..

I'd make friends, get a career or education, or even maybe (horrors!) join a church.. I'd find a group of people whom I don't have to bend over backwards to have any semblance of like-mindedness with.

Better now, than when you're fifty..

:)

actually though.. the youngster does make an interesting observation.. der vey is turning into a "retirement" community.

He might be rude, arrogant, nasty, self absorbed and *slightly* sarcastic, but other than that he seems to be a nice guy..

Hmm. That's one MORE good reason to not be in der vey.. especially at fifty something.

Maybe the youngster just needs a little training.

Before you bury the "old geezer"..

1. Check to see if the body is still warm..

2. If the old guy passes condition number one (above)-

Check for a pulse, or other normally self apparent bodily functions as breathing,etc..

3. If you just can't tell, give him a fair chance to respond. "If you feel anything when I hit you soundly in the head with a shovel,

tell me.."

4. After exhausting all possibilities, then you may bury him.

Should I post that over on myspace? whadya think?

"If you just can't tell, give him a fair chance to respond. "If you feel anything when I hit you soundly in the head with a shovel,

tell me.."

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Good advice to that poor little lost girl BTW. RUN! and dont stop till you run out of gas...or land whichever is greater.

I wonder how many extwits ended up on the West coast in comparison to how many stayed in the mid west. Hmmmm...

Hammie, you're too funny. but seriously, I have replied to people asking such questions with my personal experience, that I waited and waited for the apology or some hint of accountability and it never came, just excuses, so I left. and I include a link to GS.

Hammie, you're too funny. but seriously, I have replied to people asking such questions with my personal experience, that I waited and waited for the apology or some hint of accountability and it never came, just excuses, so I left. and I include a link to GS.

Well, I thought I'd try something slightly different. Let's see if they have a sense of humor..

might get me banned faster than you..

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni