GreaseSpot Cafe

GSCafe Forum Way User UNFRIENDLY

J0nny Ling0

Wow. The new format, or whatever you call it is now user unfriendly to me. That's just my opinion of course, but I would far rather read each post in it's entirety and then simply scroll to the next. I don't want to click on the first sentence of each post to see what the whole post says. Anyway, thought you might like the feed back. If others like it, then I am in the minority, and that's okay. But I wonder if anyone else shares my view here?

Wow. The new format, or whatever you call it is now user unfriendly to me. That's just my opinion of course, but I would far rather read each post in it's entirety and then simply scroll to the next. I don't want to click on the first sentence of each post to see what the whole post says. Anyway, thought you might like the feed back. If others like it, then I am in the minority, and that's okay. But I wonder if anyone else shares my view here?

Might be some where in your personal settings, mines not doing that.

Waiting for the proverbial" why not in private" comment....... :biglaugh:

Okay, this is what my screen looks like after the newest post. And if I want to respond, I get to read a snippet of the post, click on that, and then read it and then respond. Must be something I did? Oh well... :blink:

Tony Soprano What would you do if an IED were to go off in your neighborhood? Nov 7 2007, 09:22 PM

George Aar Um, we've already HAD an IED go off in a neigh... Nov 7 2007, 10:22 PM

Mr. Hammeroni probably depend on how close I was to it when it... Nov 8 2007, 11:26 AM

Radar OReilly move to Nova Scotia. :blink: Radar Nov 8 2007, 09:27 PM

Mr. Hammeroni I dunno. Maybe it's not so bad. If I was clo... Nov 8 2007, 09:49 PM

pond your paranoid? Im in NY not to far from where t... Nov 8 2007, 10:03 PM

Mr. Hammeroni I dunno.. the other day, I saw a pretty scabby loo... Nov 8 2007, 10:19 PM

waysider The inner city is already a war zone. If you die b... Nov 8 2007, 11:11 PM

Mr. Hammeroni :) sheesh.. you're gonna live forever anyway.... Nov 8 2007, 11:19 PM

mstar1 Strange Post T 'Cheers" to you too I don... Yesterday, 08:40 AM

Sushi Tony, I would have thought you would have someone ... Yesterday, 04:14 PM

Tony Soprano Tony, I would have thought you would have someone ... Yesterday, 07:36 PM

Mister P-Mosh I think it is paranoiac and self-destructive to wo... Yesterday, 06:38 PM

Jim I fly an airplane, drive a car and occasionally sa... Today, 12:45 AM

Mr. Hammeroni Well.. if the odds are not much unlike that of win... Today, 12:59 AM

herbiejuan Tony first off I wouldn't panic, I'd take ... Today, 07:50 PM

Bramble I live in a small town, the countryside isn't ... Today, 08:16 PM

« Next Oldest · Open · Next Newest »

God first

Beloved Jonny Lingo

God loves you my dear friend

you might try changing under options changing modes

there are three modes but this may not work because I am not sure but I seem boards like this before and I just changed the mode or let cookies load that I had stop

hope you get the help you need

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

The control panel is where you set up your personal preferences for the board. You can change how the board looks and operates for you from here.

Messenger

The messenger section is covered in the help file titled 'Your Personal Messenger'.

Subscriptions

View Topics:

View topics that you have subscribed to here, or change the way you are notified for each topic. You can also remove topic subscriptions from here.

View Forums:

View forums that you have subscribed to, or change the way you are notified for each forum. You can also remove forum subscriptions from here.

Personal Profile

Edit Profile Information:

Here you can specify your own personal information, such as your birthdate and contact information.

Edit Personal Portal Information:

You can change your personal statement, notification and moderation options from this section.

Edit Signature:

You can view and manage your signature from here. You may use BBcode to format your signature (to link to images, etc.) or even HTML if the board administrator has allowed it.

Edit Avatar Settings:

You can view and manage your personal avatar from here. You may choose an avatar from the board's gallery, link to an offsite image (the image will be resized if it is larger than the dimensions allowed by the board administrator) or upload an image from your computer to use as your avatar.

Change Personal Photo:

If the board administrator has enabled personal photos for your user group you can upload an image that will be displayed on your profile.

Change Display Name:

If Display Names are allowed on your board, you can change how your name appears on the board from here.

Options:

Purchase Paid Subscriptions:

If there are subscription packages available on the board they will be displayed here. You can choose a subscription package and purchase it, or upgrade your existing subscription (depending on board-specific settings).

Manage Your Attachments:

You can view and manage your file attachments from here.

Manage Friends List:

You can approve pending friend requests from here (if you have set your profile up to require approval) as well as view and manage your existing friends from this page.

Manage Ignored Users:

You may view, add and remove ignored users from this page.

Email Settings:

There are several email-specific settings available on this page.

• Privacy Settings
    • Hide my email address from other members - You can choose to not display your e-mail address to members of the board.
    • Send me updates sent by the board administrator - Your board administrator may want to periodically send newsletters to members of the board, check this to make sure you receive these updates.

[*]Board Preferences

• Include a copy of the post when emailing me from a subscribed topic - If you opt to receive notifications of new posts/topics, a copy of the post/topic body will be sent in the notification e-mail.
    • Send a confirmation email when I receive a new private message - Enabling this will allow the board to send you an e-mail when you receive a new PM.
    • Enable 'Email Notification' by default? - Enabling this will automatically subscribe you to any topic/post you reply to or create. Use the drop-down box to select how you would like to be notified.

Board Settings:

You can manage settings related to how the board is displayed/operates from this page. You can choose your timezone and various view options here, such as which text editor you would like to use.

Change Email Address:

You can update the email address associated with your account from here.

Change Password:

Here you can update the password you use to log in to the board.

Edited by year2027

Okay, this is what my screen looks like after the newest post. And if I want to respond, I get to read a snippet of the post, click on that, and then read it and then respond. Must be something I did? Oh well... :blink:

Tony Soprano What would you do if an IED were to go off in your neighborhood? Nov 7 2007, 09:22 PM

George Aar Um, we've already HAD an IED go off in a neigh... Nov 7 2007, 10:22 PM

Mr. Hammeroni probably depend on how close I was to it when it... Nov 8 2007, 11:26 AM

Radar OReilly move to Nova Scotia. :blink: Radar Nov 8 2007, 09:27 PM

Mr. Hammeroni I dunno. Maybe it's not so bad. If I was clo... Nov 8 2007, 09:49 PM

pond your paranoid? Im in NY not to far from where t... Nov 8 2007, 10:03 PM

Mr. Hammeroni I dunno.. the other day, I saw a pretty scabby loo... Nov 8 2007, 10:19 PM

waysider The inner city is already a war zone. If you die b... Nov 8 2007, 11:11 PM

Mr. Hammeroni :) sheesh.. you're gonna live forever anyway.... Nov 8 2007, 11:19 PM

mstar1 Strange Post T 'Cheers" to you too I don... Yesterday, 08:40 AM

Sushi Tony, I would have thought you would have someone ... Yesterday, 04:14 PM

Tony Soprano Tony, I would have thought you would have someone ... Yesterday, 07:36 PM

Mister P-Mosh I think it is paranoiac and self-destructive to wo... Yesterday, 06:38 PM

Jim I fly an airplane, drive a car and occasionally sa... Today, 12:45 AM

Mr. Hammeroni Well.. if the odds are not much unlike that of win... Today, 12:59 AM

herbiejuan Tony first off I wouldn't panic, I'd take ... Today, 07:50 PM

Bramble I live in a small town, the countryside isn't ... Today, 08:16 PM

« Next Oldest · Open · Next Newest »

Hmmm. That's weird. You must've done something to your puter.

Me -- I have no *reply* buttons on Firefox to this site (these days),

so I just switch to Safari (a Mac browser) and I can post here.

I must've done something to the Shout Out feature,

because everything in Firefox disappeared after messing with it.

But just seeing the first line only?? Try what Dooj and Paw said. :)